k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Hi.. have problem... i got around 25 fps in multiplayer not matter settings. Its around 25 on super high and same fps on ultra low. My cartd is gtx 460, procesor ADM phenom II x4 965 (OC 4ghz), 4 gb RAM.

Any suggestions?

Spiro

Yeah, read the thread. Mankind is so lazy since last century

Hi.. have problem... i got around 25 fps in multiplayer not matter settings. Its around 25 on super high and same fps on ultra low. My cartd is gtx 460, procesor ADM phenom II x4 965 (OC 4ghz), 4 gb RAM.

Any suggestions?

Spiro

Change server or mission or don't play. You can't do anything else about it.

Yeah, read the thread. Mankind is so lazy since last century

yea... i ve tried many of trick that are mentioned in this topic...

St. jimmy: for real?

It's the mission and/or AI and the server that limits your fps in MP if no graphic settings change your fps.

Object detail, object and view distances are the main hog for CPU so lower those. Some missions have a script that you change your view distance somewhere else than in your graphic settings so better check that out. It can be set on pretty high sometimes.

In other server you can get better fps because the server is better handled. Also there are badly optimized missions out there.

Well, what have you tried so far?

Well, what have you tried so far?

well.. i ve tried several setting in game... different advices how to set it...

i ve tried to manage it in nvidia control panel, different startup setting like -malloc=system, -malloc= ??something??, -winxp, settup for 4 cores, something with vram and maxsomething :D

ive tried to turn off antivirus and firewall....

and thats is everything i remember...

i play mostly wasteland so there arent many AI

If u have AMD processor u do wrong decision, i will never again buy any amd component. I have FX 8350 and overclocking your processor is the only thing to match up with intel processors (stock speeds), so 100mhz more will give u about 1 FPS more. Use 1,5 volts on FX 8350 and set it to 4,9ghz it works with me.

Bohemia should announced that AMD processors are unable to run Arma properly and u should change your processor immediately.

yea.. thats just shouting in the air... i am looking for advice

@ Spiro : playing Arma3 around 25 fps in multiplayer using a nice old AMD Phenom II x4 965 OC'ed or not seems good, in fact it's close to the performance level you can expect.

Even if I don't know what level you are getting on auto-detect with the GTX 460, I think it's not a "Low" level. Setting video parameters to "Low" is counter-productive switching some render from GPU to CPU.

I order to get some objective reference numbers, use Arma3Mark bench. Run it 3 times.

As there is not much room for enhancements, my own advice is :

- Let the Quality parameters at the level given by auto-detection,

- Set the Visibility Overall parameter to 2000 m,

- Disable Vsync,

- In AA&PP : set "Bloom", Radial&Rotation Blurs" to zero, use FSAA 2x and FXAA on the level set by autodetection.

- Do not use Nvidia control panel, let the game engine do the job

- Do not use any of these the startup parameters you are speaking of.

Run again Arma3Mark bench 3 times and look if there is some modification ... so you can tell us what you get.

DL Stratis Arma3Mark from :

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByhZc2l2kSOaX0czdDhaRnMtbW8/edit

Drop .pbo in Missions :

Program files > SteamLibrary > SteamApps > common > Arma3 > Missions

To launch the bench

Play > Scenarios > ArmA 3 Benchmark v0.51.Stratis

Any suggestions?

Spiro

Your phenom should be as good as FX-8350. I dont know nvidia cards but arma is CPU-limited anyway.

Try this:

Choose the STANDARD-setting. Put Shadows on high, particles, clouds, PIP on low or off.

FSAA 2x or 4x, get rid of blur and bloom, HDAO low, FXAA doesn't matter which settings, gives approx same FPS.

Draw distance 1-2k, objects 1k, shadow 50.

You can up the texture detail to high or better if you want and anisotropic to ultra, game looks much better.

Thats about as good as it gets...

Hi guys,

I have a pretty big problem with my game mod Altis Life! I do not exceed 33 fps on average and it does not change even if I put the game on low! My maximum is 49 fps and it is in the countryside at night!

My pc:

i7 4770k at stock

Sabertooth Z87

4x4go 2133MHz Ripjaws Z

R9 280X Crossfire Gaming

850w BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 10

Thank you in advance!

Hi guys,

I have a pretty big problem with my game mod Altis Life! I do not exceed 33 fps on average and it does not change even if I put the game on low! My maximum is 49 fps and it is in the countryside at night!

My pc:

i7 4770k at stock

Sabertooth Z87

4x4go 2133MHz Ripjaws Z

R9 280X Crossfire Gaming

850w BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 10

Thank you in advance!

Altis Life is probably a poorly scripted mission?

Hello just another amd user to be ignored here. I have tried everything. Yes everything. I had a 965 be oc'd sli rig for arma 2, those recommended system specs ARE misleading. If bohemia is adamant that amd cpu utilization is no ones fault other than those unfortunate enough to buy an amd cpu then what I propose is simple. Build the recommend amd rig, send it to sacriel or frankie on pc, put him on a MP mission with the recommended view distance (I was told 1200 - 1600 for my 8350 at 5ghz) and with tanks planes etc (king of the hill comes to mind) ask them to to what they do and see if they get an enjoyable expierence out of it. If they do, I will personally cover all costs incurred by bohemia in relation to actions taken on this post.

YOUR MOVE.

There is no move they can do, only the devs (in my opinion) are able to edit the engine that players would gain frames. Even when ur amd cpu would have kind of astronomic 10Ghz and you would have an AMD 295X2 GFX you wouldt have much improvement with the frames. Use the brain, google it, you are not alone ^^

then perhaps they should have thought of that before releasing those misleading system requirements. If I had known they would be serving us arma 2 with a fresh coat of paint and not a new engine as advertised I may have gone intel. Nowhere does is state amd may experience issues/lesser performance, yet the difference from what I can gather is night and day.

---------- Post added at 06:02 ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 ----------

pick a game, any game, and lets see how big the difference is between intel and amd and compare that to arma 3. thats what I thought.

Yeah but it leads to nothing beeing angry now. Deal with it. Take it as a lesson for your future to peek on 1 or 2 pages on the world wide web to see "how the game x performs" and dont have to write such postings.

Take it easy, enjoy the day ;)

perhaps you are confused, I have googled, as you claim I should do and I know well there is nothing I can do, I did not code the game, perhaps stop being an elitist snob to someone who has a legitimate issue? this is the troubleshooting thread if your reply is not going to help me, dont bother :) have a nice day.

Hmmm i am often confused but thats not the point^^ I am sure that there is no posting which would help you, all actions which brings fps u already have selected i asume (viewdistance)

There is no magical command or other shit which will boots your frames, and i testet it on a couple of rigs, started on singlegpu+quadcore up to hexacore+tri SLi...

I have now 2500hours Arma3 (so says steam) and i´ve checked every single evidence which could bring frames, till today with no luck ;)

Then perhaps its time someone brought about a civil action then because i'm over it. Those recommended system specs are misleading. I have done nothing other than use the game as intended. Perhaps that will get those elusive devs into gear. If other studios can optimise thier AAA games for amd then so can bohemia. I do not know why they think they are exempt from the same standards we hold other game studios to. Already asked for a refund, steam said no and quoted the terms and conditions. If they dont fix it or at least make some drastic improvements, I will be getting my money back or someone will be getting a lawsuit. We do have rights as consumers. If you buy something and it does not perform as advertised, you take it back and get it fixed, or get a refund. simple as that.

Hello just another amd user to be ignored here. I have tried everything. Yes everything. I had a 965 be oc'd sli rig for arma 2, those recommended system specs ARE misleading. If bohemia is adamant that amd cpu utilization is no ones fault other than those unfortunate enough to buy an amd cpu then what I propose is simple. Build the recommend amd rig, send it to sacriel or frankie on pc, put him on a MP mission with the recommended view distance (I was told 1200 - 1600 for my 8350 at 5ghz) and with tanks planes etc (king of the hill comes to mind) ask them to to what they do and see if they get an enjoyable expierence out of it. If they do, I will personally cover all costs incurred by bohemia in relation to actions taken on this post.

YOUR MOVE.

mp-performance depends on mission and server. No excuse for anything only a simple fact. Whats limiting:

-server

-scripts

-too much ai (100+) in a sp or mp mission.

To avoid these limiting factors the only mp I play are:

-little coop scenarios

-PvP (no bots, good scripted on a powerful server) like EUTW-Servers for example. There I get up to 47fps average on a full 50er server :)

I AM FINALLY GETTING BETTER PERFORMANCE!

You guys might remember me posting here that my Performance was really bad in Arma 3. Even though my System is pretty good I was having a horrible experience with fps between 20-40fps in single Player mode.

And guess what did the trick for me.... I BOUGHT A 4K MONITOR!

This doesn't make much sense for me. It shows that the game has serious issues, sure!

I didn't Change anything else. And if I connect my old Monitor again I get the shitty Performance once more.

1080p: 20-40fps in SP

4k: 60-80fps in SP (and it Looks amazing)

Unfortunately the Performance in Multiplayer is still very bad. I Play with like 20-30fps all the time. But at least the issues in MP are admited and I guess somone is working on it. Even it is just an intern.

The utilization from the GPU is much better now with 60% and the CPU is now working on 70%. A great improvement from the previous 5-15% GPU utilization that I had.

That is it! I am finally moving further with the SP campaign now. The game is finally acceptable to Play with and it is fun. With anything less than 40fps it is not enjoyable for me at all.

I'm guessing you may have had something like VSync on that affected your framerate based on your monitor's refresh rate...otherwise, makes no sense.

I'm guessing you may have had something like VSync on that affected your framerate based on your monitor's refresh rate...otherwise, makes no sense.

Yeah.... I'm thinking the same thing.

Nope.... I am using the settings profile "very high" and not changing anything else (even the rendering distance is with the preset of 2.800m).

And I am 100% sure that the results before and after are without Vsync. During all the configuration tests I have made, of course I have tried vsync ond and off.... but it didn't help. And I feel some mouse lag in ANY game when vsync is on - just my sentiment about it.

And I do agree... it makes no sense at all!

I would be willing to provide some info to the guys from BI, maybe run some benchmarks and give them my detailed specs... but I don't think there will be any interest on their side.

This logic is unlogical ^^ Would be the first time i would hear that someone doubles his resolution will result in double frames in positive way :rolleyes:

Maybe it´s the "Christmas Wonder" 5,5 months too late :yay: