k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

He's got an AMD Phenom II X6 1075T not a i5-2500K or 3570K... his CPU is absolutely definitely bottlenecking a 780.

congratulations for reading carefully :D

@windies

thats wrong, ivy isn´t better to overclock than haswell and only sandy better than ivy & haswell because since ivy intel uses rubbishy thermal paste between heatspreader and core. I removed the heatspreader on my 3570k to be able to overclock it to 4.8.

@ziffa

welcome to the forum lol

Recommending people to spend money instead of telling BIS to optimize the game is the wrong path to go.
1+

yeah overclocking +lower lifespan and spend money for only one game .........only dump

Please stop such advices :D

please be less ignorant teilx :yay:

IF someone wants higher fps in arma3 what we will tell him?

a) Impossible! Its the engine, you can´t get better fps.

b)BECAUSE the engine isn´t optimized you have to compensate it with better cpu-power IF you want better fps in arma3.

Answer a) is a little bit religious, answer b) more pragmatism. Its an individual descision how much it is worth to get better performance in arma3. With good cooling the lifespan argument is bullshit ;)

Correct.

Lifespan argument is really bullshit. My i7 runs since years with more voltage and this 4200Mhz. And a year ago my cpu runs with over 5000Mhz for a couple of months (cooled by Mach II GT then) and it still works...

I want to say that I use my PC for work where it is needed the most cores in the processor with the highest clocking

and unfortunately processors from Intel, for example, do not meet the 4 cores with 3 Ghz ....

now has a PC processor with 6 cores 3Ghz, by buying processors from Intel would reduce the performance of my PC

I found one site where tested graphics Arma 3

used to test a range of processors from Intel and AMD, the tests used the same graphics card as I have and I was surprised by the performance of AMD FX-8350 compared with Intel I7-3770K fall was only about 5 FPS

1980x1080px settings Ultra, GTX 780

I7-3770K - 48 FPS

FX-8350 -43 FPS

In addition, this processor is compatible with my board

So What's your view on FX-8350 processor, would be a better choice?

web in my language, (in Czech)

for the translation I have added a link from Google translate: D

CPU test here....

GPU test here....

EDIT:

Now I looked at the prices and think i over more powerful CPU to be

AMD FX-Series X8 FX-9370 or AMD FX-Series FX-9590 X8 is a difference in performance GHz

so should I have increase the FPS, is not it?

Edited by Honza1616

cooling the lifespan argument is bullshit
yeahh all pro's.lol.. overheating is only a bad sideeffect and there are much more reasons for decreasing cpu performance by OC

after years. lose warranty and stock specifications are indeed baseless xD

yeahh all pro's.lol.. overheating is only a bad sideeffect and there are much more reasons for decreasing cpu performance by OC

Chance of overheating is minimal. Unless you overheat you still have warranty.

EDIT:

Now I looked at the prices and think i over more powerful CPU to be

AMD FX-Series X8 FX-9370 or AMD FX-Series FX-9590 X8 is a difference in performance GHz

so should I have increase the FPS, is not it?

FX-9xxx series are just overclocked 8350 but they also require watercooling. Not worth it.

Amount of cores don't matter in Arma 3. IPC matters, instructions per cycle, which Intel is King of.

Who wants to keep the CPU forever anyway ?

Even if you only play the ARMA-Series, then you have still to upgrade from time to time.

:)

i have found the fix of low fps problem,

1)go in steam

2)right click on arma 3 icon

3)click on "delete local file"

4)install arma 2

5)enjoy

P.S the engine of arma 3 can't be fixed or the developer team have a fat ass and don't like to work,just like the other shitty company that i forget the name...act...acti...oh right!Activision

So don't spent your time to try fix this problem,you can't,just..play another game that WORK,because arma 3 don't work,and that's the most important point of a game,immagine a car game without car!awesome

1)go in steam

4)install arma 2

5)enjoy

P.S the engine of arma 3 can't be fixed or the developer team have a fat ass and don't like to work,just like the other shitty company that i forget the name...act...acti...oh right!Activision

So don't spent your time to try fix this problem,you can't,just..play another game that WORK,because arma 3 don't work,and that's the most important point of a game,immagine a car game without car!awesome

Well, arma 2 performance isn't good either..

1)go in steam

4)install arma 2

5)enjoy

This guy dosen't knows what he is saying! A3 has the same Base engine than A2, so the problems are the same! Stick to A3 you'll have beter graphics and gameplay!

If we only can gain 10 FPS overall I would be happy, even if it happens in 1 year time.

I´ve heard disabling aero in win7 helps a lot (from 20fps to 70) :D....a little joke.....but maybe 5%? I´ve xp-theme from the beginning.

I´ve heard disabling aero in win7 helps a lot (from 20fps to 70) :D....a little joke.....but maybe 5%? I´ve xp-theme from the beginning.

In the Arma 3 main menu my fps jumped 50->60 when I disabled aero. Just what Niki asks :D

In the Arma 3 main menu my fps jumped 50->60 when I disabled aero. Just what Niki asks :D

nice to hear :)

Semi-related is this article: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/83623167155/experimental-branch-saw-many-changes-in-0-44

The part of note is this line:

Work has commenced on disconnecting the renderer directly from the simulation. This would then free us to change (or even replace) the renderer much easier, allowing greater optimization and new functionality such as better particle effects. We have no timeframe for this completion no any specific goals beyond preparing it for future goals, but it’s exciting for us to start this work.

This work will offer us the potential for future very significant client FPS optimizations, such as better scene management, to solve issues people experience such as low FPS in cities.

Seeing as this is an engine issue I do hope information gained from the dayz team is shared.

^^ That is the kind of thing that the ArmA 3 team really needs to be putting time into. Hell, it should have been done in Alpha TBH.

^^ That is the kind of thing that the ArmA 3 team really needs to be putting time into. Hell, it should have been done in Alpha TBH.

I agree. I don't want to take anything away from the arma 3 team - but when I look at what vbs3 and dayz groups are talking about, it really feels like they have more of a focus on improving the underlying tech (not necessarily just patching up areas where the uglyness shines through like arma 3)

Semi-related is this article: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/83623167155/experimental-branch-saw-many-changes-in-0-44

The part of note is this line:

Work has commenced on disconnecting the renderer directly from the simulation. This would then free us to change (or even replace) the renderer much easier, allowing greater optimization and new functionality such as better particle effects. We have no timeframe for this completion no any specific goals beyond preparing it for future goals, but it’s exciting for us to start this work.

This work will offer us the potential for future very significant client FPS optimizations, such as better scene management, to solve issues people experience such as low FPS in cities.

Seeing as this is an engine issue I do hope information gained from the dayz team is shared.

Yep finally Bohemia is doing something aout this. We can only hope that Arma 3 will also benefit something about this.

Idk what their problem is with optimization but I have fx-8120...8gb 1866mhz...2 sli 760gtx 2gb...250gb ssd...and all I get is 17 fps max ultra or low no flux...like seriously? Why???

Let's hope that some of the things listed in that DayZ blog will be shared across titles, I.E. implemented in ArmA 3.

Yep finally Bohemia is doing something aout this. We can only hope that Arma 3 will also benefit something about this.

That's funny, because in the DayZ community Arma 3 is considered "optimized".