k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

it is not the topic for config spec. But yes, just need to adjust your video setting.

And, when you hit an area of the game that crumples the engine, it won't matter how fast your ram is...
if the slow downs are mp related you´r right, if AI related, not. Because cpu and ram speed gives more minimum fps in ai heavy situations in contrast to the gpu wich produces better maximum fps in situations you don´t need more fps. Oh my god my good old school "inglisch" :p

omg 282 pages, I read it all? : D

was a problem solved with a low FPS?

I'm playing at 20-30 FPS and I have a pretty good PC

omg 282 pages, I read it all? : D

was a problem solved with a low FPS?

I'm playing at 20-30 FPS and I have a pretty good PC

lets press my internal repeat button....again :p..............................your cpu is............bottlenecking.....your.....gpu..........

You will have exact the same fps with a GTX770 (if you don´t have a resolution of 8k or above :p (thats said for the experts))

Your CPU which is used at 40% bottleneck your GPU ?! cool ... Very optimised game.

I Was making test to see if it is a cpu limitation and i read you ... With last Haswell processor and a gtx 770 only an overclock can save me ? :(

Dont expect too much, i have 2x770gtx with 4GbVram each card, sometimes the frames are simply ridicolous. Its of course mission based too how many frames u will see on the screen

lets press my internal repeat button....again :p..............................your cpu is............bottlenecking.....your.....gpu..........

You will have exact the same fps with a GTX770 (if you don´t have a resolution of 8k or above :p (thats said for the experts))

That's not true. Graphics card do make a difference up to a certain point when there are too many AI and there's a CPU bottleneck because of bad optimization or w/e.

Your CPU which is used at 40% bottleneck your GPU ?! cool ... Very optimised game.

I Was making test to see if it is a cpu limitation and i read you ... With last Haswell processor and a gtx 770 only an overclock can save me ? :(

welcome to the logic of the arma-engine :o. The best way to understand how all compontents are utilized depending on graphic settings, hardware-clocks and ingame-situations is to log your cpu/gpu-utilization with tools like afterburner. Based on this knowledge you will be able to get the sweet spot between visual quality and performance.

P.S. cpu-utilization is rockstable bad in this game, but gpu-usage depends on many factors.

Hey there, im new to the forums so hopefully this is in the right place. Ok so here's the problem, after about 20 minutes of play time the game freezes and then every texture goes very bland, i drop to 1 frame and gain up to max of an amazing 3fps!

By no means do i have a beast of gaming Pc, however i have been able to play Arma 3 perfect (25 to 30fps) on multiplayer. I have to restart the game and you can't do much with 20 minutes in arma 3 multiplayer hahah. So here are my components of my pc (Also i play on Low Settings and i think this may be a memory leak issue.)

Setup :

1GB XFX Radeon HD 7770

Intel Pentium G850, Socket 1155, Dual Core, 2.90GHz

LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R

Fractal Design Core 1000

500W Storm Silent LPJ19-25

MSI H61M-P31 (G3) Motherboard

4GB Corsair Value DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333)

500GB Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm

Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

Any replies would be appreciated (P.S I am going to purchase a better machine in a couple of months but i would love to play in the mean time.)

Hey there, im new to the forums so hopefully this is in the right place. Ok so here's the problem, after about 20 minutes of play time the game freezes and then every texture goes very bland, i drop to 1 frame and gain up to max of an amazing 3fps!

By no means do i have a beast of gaming Pc, however i have been able to play Arma 3 perfect (25 to 30fps) on multiplayer. I have to restart the game and you can't do much with 20 minutes in arma 3 multiplayer hahah. So here are my components of my pc (Also i play on Low Settings and i think this may be a memory leak issue.)

Setup :

1GB XFX Radeon HD 7770

Intel Pentium G850, Socket 1155, Dual Core, 2.90GHz

LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R

Fractal Design Core 1000

500W Storm Silent LPJ19-25

MSI H61M-P31 (G3) Motherboard

4GB Corsair Value DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333)

500GB Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm

Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

Any replies would be appreciated (P.S I am going to purchase a better machine in a couple of months but i would love to play in the mean time.)

Overall weak computer... but a crash after a while and texture wiping definitely sounds memory-ish indeed.

1) Update mobo bios, drivers and graphics card drivers.

2) Check temperatures using HWMonitor.

3) Check Task manager CPU and memory use.

4) Check MSI Afterburner graphics card use and video memory use.

That's how I would start... also try uninstalling and switching to dev branch.

May be able to isolate and in best case fix it if software issue but if something is broken you obviously shouldn't bother buying anythinig new until you do your complete upgrade...

@JumpingHubert : you were right. I've OC from 3.4 to 4.2 Ghz my 4670K i've +20 fps on all benchmark and i verify it during parties ... Sad to see this is something needed. I'll try to OC more to have few more fps.

My utilization is somehow worse in SP than it is in MP on the latest stable patch. In an intensive mission in MP I will be getting around 50% utilization on all 4 cores, and never more than 60% GPU utilization. Which is still pretty bad, but then in SP on the exact same mission I am getting around 60% on the first core and around 25% on every other core, along with 30-40% GPU utilization...just terrible. And terrible framerate to boot (15-25 FPS).

I haven't personally checked my utilization in quite awhile but I normally see between 40-50 FPS in single player or in an average size mission on our private clan server, running it via MCC. A few times I've seen dips into the twenties as the AI begins to tax the system more but if I load up on Altis and begin a fresh mission I'm usually sitting near 60 fps. With the A3MP map pack as reference, as I don't know if the older textures of the A2 maps give anything in the form of a boost to performance, I'll zip around Takistan or Chernarus at 60 frames for at least 30 minutes before the AI from the mission begins to bog the server down. The amount that FPS varies between the various rigs posted in this thread blows my mind.

When I get home tonight I'll come back and edit this post with my A3 settings but here's my rig stats and what I can remember of the settings off the top of my head:

i5 2500k @ 4.2

8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1300

2x GTX 560 Ti's w/ a small OC.

Intel SSD

I run at 1080p, native for my monitor with a mixture of high and very high settings.

(for the devs, as ordered)

I´ve captured the massive fps-issue (fps drop to 1) i have since 1 month (didnt matter if using mods or not) when shooting on vehicles, strange that only csat vehicles seem to inject this issue which cause the drop.

Before someone ask: yes, i´ve tried all things started from fresh install to cleaning drivers and the whole procedre...

Recorded it for the devs (they have asked for it^^) and clip shows me firing with the NATO AA Tank on a M5 Sandstorm MLRS and BTR-Kaymesh (in both vehicles enemy active)

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/52202082/file.html

I hope that someone knows where the problem is :)

Check out this video to increase FPS in both ArmA 2 & ArmA, It really does help!

[/url]

Check out this video to increase FPS in both ArmA 2 & ArmA, It really does help!

Placebo fixes.

[/url]

I doubt you've benchmarked a significant difference.

Edit: within 1 fps I didn't detect any difference on empty Stratis, Showcase: Infantry or Showcase: Helicopters 60 seconds of testing...

Maybe it works better on weaker computers maybe it doesn't.

Edited by Sneakson

i was wondering if I added exthread=7 to my startup parameter if it would be safe or do anything? Ive heard from some people it can cause damage to your CPU and otehrs say it's fine (I have an AMD FX 8350)! getting real sick of such low FPS and under utilization :(

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Opendome

Look into turning off core parking.

The exthread parameter will not damage your computer, I would image it's set to 7 by default. based on your CPU.

Turning core parking off will not result in any better performance.

Turning core parking off will not result in any better performance.

I believe you are incorrect. Under certain situations performance can be improved.

I belive he is right, i couldnt measure any improvement with this. Parameters like "exthreads" or "maxmem" are useless and didnt do anything.

I belive he is right, i couldnt measure any improvement with this. Parameters like "exthreads" or "maxmem" are useless and didnt do anything.

Core parking is not a redundant parameter and cannot be compared.

Well, i benched with and w/o core parking... Performance gain: 0%

Your personal experience does not prove core unparking is ineffective, only you were not experience core parking.