k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Friendly advice , stop spending your money in vain.

I reached the end of the road with Arma3 and I give it 1 max 2 months before I move on.

I'm just glad I picked it up for the discounted Alpha price. I can see now why they did that. Makes it easier to justify shelving it.

Well I would pay full price and even buy the game for relatives and friends if the game was optimized easily but this is not acceptable and therefor I tell my friends to play other games instead.

Edited by Nikiforos

Well I would pay full price and even buy the game for relatives and friends if the game was optimized easily but this is not acceptable and therefor I tell my friends to play other games instead.

What I meant was that if people pre-ordered for the full price with all of the expectations and semi-announced feature's supposed to be in ArmA 3, and then all of a sudden received what we have now, they would be righteously pissed.

Instead though with the whole Alpha/Beta process and price points, it allowed those who would pre-order right off the bat to do so at a lower price point and get access under the guise of it being a very early Alpha which helped to soften the blow rather than releasing it all at once in the retail state that it's in.

So what settings does one recommend for single player sandbox in heli ruining at 1440p with a gtx780, i7 3930k at 4.5 GHz and 64 GB RAM (DDR 1667)

Edit: Okay so I backed down the settings to high. I think someone quoted something about not having AA and occlusion turned on. That's render options that are handed off to the GPU right? So how does that make a difference. Anyway, got a more respectable 65fps in single player.

However, single render thread is a bit 1990s. Would you not agree? Still seem to have some strange control glitches with mouse flying helis, like it remember an offset from time to time. Not render related but maybe the CPU is missing a read or something.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by albal21
Avoiding a new post

albal21, the only thing you have to reduce is overall and objectvisibility both to 3000m and disable pip when you fly with heli (these settings are cpu-related). The rest you can max out. Logging the gpu-usage ingame is a good tip to see the dependecies related to the settings and fps.

To reduce the cpu bottleneck overclock your cpu or ram, ramspeed is very important for arma3: http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1588/957w.png

Edited by JumpingHubert

What I meant was that if people pre-ordered for the full price with all of the expectations and semi-announced feature's supposed to be in ArmA 3, and then all of a sudden received what we have now, they would be righteously pissed.

Yes I am

Ok, I did both benchmark's with my actual maxed-out OC'ed Rig and GeForce v331.58 WHQL (Dev-Build: v1.05.111471):

Computer Type: PC/Desktop 
System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom-Build 
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4700MHz 
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V 
Memory: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 2133MHz @2400MHz 
Graphics Card: 2x Gigabyte GTX680-SOC-2GB in 2-Way-SLI and LN2-Bios activated and ~30% further OC 
Sound Card: OnBoard Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio 
Monitor(s) Displays: Asus VE278Q 27" Wide Led Black Full HD 2ms | Dell S2409W 24" 5ms 
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 
Keyboard: Roccat Isku | Logitech G13 | XBox 360 Controller wired | Logitech Dual Action GamePad 
Mouse: Shogun Bros. Ballista MK-1 | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Infection | Zalman FPSGun Mouse | Logitech G9 
PSU: Antec HCG-900 900W High Current Gamer 80PLUS Bronze 135mmfan 
Case: Thermaltake Level-10 GT LCS 
Cooling: EK H3O HFX 240mm Liquid Cooling Kit + IC Diamond 7 Carat, CPU Thermal Paste-Grease-Compound 
Hard Drives: - Intel 520S 240GB/SATA3/R 550MBs,W 520MBs/25nm/3.5"Kit/5yr - Seagate Barracuda SATA3 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache - Seagate Barracuda SATA3 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache - Seagate Constellation SATA3 3TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache - Seagate FreeAgent USB 2.0 1TB - Seagate FreeAgent USB 2.0 2TB - Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB 3.0 2TB
Internet Speed: ADSL2+ ~15MBit/s DL | ~1MBit/s UL 
Browser: Google Chrome 
Antivirus: Windows Defender 
Other Info: - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick - Plantronics GameCom Commander 7.1 Headset - Logitech X-210 Speakers 

2899550.png

Stratis v0.51:

maxed-out: 32

auto: 43

ultra: 44

very-high: 55

high: 72

standard: 99

low: 125

lowest / disabled: 169

Altis v0.60:

maxed-out: 15

auto: 38

ultra: 38

very-high: 49

high: 63

standard: 80

low: 105

lowest / disabled: 132

I OC'ed my G.Skill 2133MHz @2400MHz and used a new GPU-Driver since my last Benchmark.

Stratis improved, but Altis didn't.

:)

Another update today and still no optimization.

This wont be fixed arma2 all over again

Another update today and still no optimization.

This wont be fixed arma2 all over again

What are your PC specs and your game settings?

short feedback to my ram update: from 11.11.11.30.1T @2000Mhz to 11.14.13.36.1T @2666Mhz gave me in the more cpu-dependent altis-bench................2fps :p. From 47fps to 49fps.

What are your PC specs and your game settings?

I'll bite on this one. I've got a Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8ghz, 8gb ram, 128gb SSD, GTX 480 @ 790/2000. I get 80 fps on an empty editor map with all low settings, I get an average of about 20 fps in missions with frequent dips down into the 10-15 fps range whenever anything is "going on" on all low settings. In multiplayer I get anywhere from 5-13 fps period, no matter what server I seem to join except for DM/TDM servers that have no assets and no AI where I generally get around 30-35 fps.

Obviously it's not a powerhouse but meets the recommended settings quite easily. Can't even play the game in single player much on recommended hardware on all low settings.

I'll bite on this one. I've got a Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.8ghz, 8gb ram, 128gb SSD, GTX 480 @ 790/2000. I get 80 fps on an empty editor map with all low settings, I get an average of about 20 fps in missions with frequent dips down into the 10-15 fps range whenever anything is "going on" on all low settings. In multiplayer I get anywhere from 5-13 fps period, no matter what server I seem to join except for DM/TDM servers that have no assets and no AI where I generally get around 30-35 fps.

Obviously it's not a powerhouse but meets the recommended settings quite easily. Can't even play the game in single player much on recommended hardware on all low settings.

I was trying not to be rude but the reason I did not respond to maionaze question was because I am getting sick of it my pc all so aint a power house but its not my computer at fault here its the terrible engine optimization and all we here is try this,change this variable,add this to start line and main one whats ya spec.

some people on here have £2000 machines and still get terrible performance.

the bottom line is this was the same issue with ARMA 2 and we was told it could not fixed due to engine limitations I really did think with the new ARMA3 they was not using the same old tech...its being ask to do more now PhysX,better graphics and it really does show by the lack of performance we are getting.

The lack of comments by a dev shows that it cant be fixed I wish a dev would just say that every day I see a new change log and all it does is fix bugs like correct font,add this add that whats the point we cant even use said feature because once we are in game its so laggy.

MP is even worse i wont even bother to mention it because we all know what its like.

So BIS please reply with some thing :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_t9IMCr8bc

i installed arma 2, and arma 2 arrowhead. they both did the same thing, 1 frame and a fragment of audio at the start menu. then 7 seconds, and the same thing. after uninstalling arma 2 and AO, payed for arma 3, installed and now this crap again, please help ! over $100 spent on games from the same developer, and it doesn't even work ! i did not edit this video.

Desktop computer, windows 7, 64 bit, 8gb ram, Processor : Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3400 MHz (max : 4182)

Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

short feedback to my ram update: from 11.11.11.30.1T @2000Mhz to 11.14.13.36.1T @2666Mhz gave me in the more cpu-dependent altis-bench................2fps :p. From 47fps to 49fps.

Amazing !

:omg:

I try to get my 2133MHz-Kit to 2600MHz or better Timings for 2400MHz. Just joined the G.Skill-Forum and got some Timings to play with.

:bounce3:

Edit:

New Settings:

- 10-12-11-31-2T

- DRAM-Voltage: 1.69V

- VCCSA-Voltage: 1.25V

P18301 - 3D-Mark-11-Score

Had no Time for new ARMA-3-Benchmarks yet.

Edited by TONSCHUH

alert alert tonschuh! your vccsa-voltage out of range! 1.1v is recomned maximum with good watercooling! Look here http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f139/oc-prozessoren-intel-sockel-1155-ivy-bridge-laberthread-885830.html

:huh:

Thanks for the Info !

Looks like I have to play around again. That's maybe the reason why I can't get it to 2600MHz.

Edit:

I bought a

[TridentX] F3-2400C10Q-16GTX-Kit (10-12-12-31-2T), which is slightly slower then my previous 2133MHz-Kit @2400MHz. Will test the 2133MHz-Kit in my wife's 2600k-Rig.

Edit-2:

I tinkered again a bit around and squeezed a bit more out of my sys, to justify the money I spend on the new RAM-Kit:

P18456 - 3D-Mark-11-Score

Looks like that I had a few little hick-up's in the background with the new Kit, which disappeared after I increased the VCore to 1.425V.

Edit-3:

Dev-Build-v1.05.111581:

Stratis v0.51:

maxed-out: 33

auto: 45

ultra: 45

very-high: 57

high: 74

standard: 102

low: 131

lowest / disabled: 175

Altis v0.60:

maxed-out: 15

auto: 41

ultra: 41

very-high: 52

high: 68

standard: 89

low: 116

lowest / disabled: 140

:bounce3:

Edited by TONSCHUH

Hi,

ich have very good FPS playing with the Editor. But in SP and in Mulitplayer i have very low (about 15-30) FPS and i can hardly improve the FPS by setting the details low. It has hardly an effect.

Therefore i can't play this game online :-(.

My system.

-win 8.1

-AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

-AMD HD 7870 OC 2gig v-ram

-8gig RAM

Any ideas?

Thanks alot!!

Hi,

ich have very good FPS playing with the Editor. But in SP and in Mulitplayer i have very low (about 15-30) FPS and i can hardly improve the FPS by setting the details low. It has hardly an effect.

Therefore i can't play this game online :-(.

My system.

-win 8.1

-AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

-AMD HD 7870 OC 2gig v-ram

-8gig RAM

Any ideas?

Thanks alot!!

Not much you can do I'm afraid. This game just runs terribly and you're having the same issue as pretty much everyone else. The only difference is that some people can excuse the performance problems while others can't. Been an issue since ArmA 2 and looks like it's going to persist as an issue.

Not much you can do I'm afraid. This game just runs terribly and you're having the same issue as pretty much everyone else. The only difference is that some people can excuse the performance problems while others can't. Been an issue since ArmA 2 and looks like it's going to persist as an issue.

Does Arma3 has a problem with AMD CPUs or also with Intel?

Is there a chance to get my money back? My PC has the system requirements, but the game doesn't run well. That's not ok.

I just set the graphic details to low, it had no positive effect !!??

Whats wrong with Arma?

I just set the graphic details to low, it had no positive effect !!??

Whats wrong with Arma?

Arma 3 is CPU-heavy. You turning graphics to Low means the CPU has to draw those too. If you raise to High instead, those are pushed to your GPU instead.

And yes, Intel works better in Arma because it has higher IPC count. (IPC = Instructions Per Cycle/per Hz).

Just for reference, I have AMD fx-8350 and ATI HD7870. I get 15-40 fps in MP. Usually around 20. Cause I fight in towns.