k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Indeed, and for some reason on many mp servers graphics look worse than in SP.

Some admins force lower graphics setttings (no grass, short view distances) to increase performance

Some admins force lower graphics setttings (no grass, short view distances) to increase performance

Yes, I think object and terrain detail too.

Servers shouldn't be able to impact anyones FPS in the first place.

You can't stop to execute client-side scripts. It's part of cloud computing model.

Holy shit that main memory speed is a huge impact to FPS. I just make a comparison a different DDR3 speeds, look at the results. :don3:

957w.png

1333Mhz > 2133Mhz (same latencies) give me about +30% more FPS (46>60fps).

In another hand, Memory 2133Mhz+CPU stock > i5@5.2Ghz gives me almost same impact (47>60fps). So memory speed has a same fps increase than overclocking my CPU @5.2Ghz.

Edited by Hiikeri

What value should be set to "-cpucount=#"? I have i7 3770K, so is it 4 or 8?

If your i7 is a quad core processor, set the -cpuCount=# to 8. Most cpus nowadays are capable of handling two threads per core. I have the same processor as you.

It's not just scripting. It's the AI, it's the PhysX, It's everything in a server that has to be calculated twice both by the server and by the client. It's a combination of A lot of processing work to be done, and then a bad network syncing model for the amount of data needing to be processed and sent across all clients, and exacerbated by the fact that no matter if it's a client or a dedicated server, the game just does not fully utilize our hardware like it should for the best performance.

It's funny that BI is willing to use the community as both a scapegoat for their performance issue's, and then as their savior when it comes to content issue's.

Current Life missions (Stratis or Altis Life) is an example how scripters can kill performance with bad code. Open Editor and compare: singleplayer with minimum scripts has very good FPS (I have > 300 FPS on my rig) even if you place a lot of units and objects. I'm agreed with your point about double calculations in some situations and scripts is a part of all combination. But this part is very-very important and resource demanding if coded not properly like most missions are.

(I have > 300 FPS on my rig)

a zero to much there ? or did you manage to steal nasa's supercomputer?

Nope, it's "regular" Hi-End available on market for all people. Intel Core i7 4770 + ATI Radeon HD7990. With Intel Core Quad 6600 + ATI Radeon 7770 I'm still getting playable 80-100 FPS. Domkrat gets about 200-250 FPS on his NVIDIA GeForce 590 and Intel Core i7 2500k with middle settings. But it's all in SP. FPS in MP missions varies depending on which mission runs and its quality.

Nope, it's "regular" Hi-End available on market for all people. Intel Core i7 4770 + ATI Radeon HD7990. With Intel Core Quad 6600 + ATI Radeon 7770 I'm still getting playable 80-100 FPS. Domkrat gets about 200-250 FPS on his NVIDIA GeForce 590 and Intel Core i7 2500k with middle settings. But it's all in SP. FPS in MP missions varies depending on which mission runs and its quality.

Printscreen please.

I find that hard to believe that you're getting 80-100fps in SP with a Q6600+HD7770. Did you overclock it too or is it at stock? Mine's OC'd to 3.2Ghz so far and am getting 60 frames in SP at most. How much and what type of RAM are you using and also what's your motherboard? And also are you using a SSD? As for my graphics card it's pretty much the same as yours, which is a HD7750.

Is there any information BI is working on this low cpu/gpu useage?

I think this should be fixed asap. Was very interesting to overclock the cpu and see how Arma3 fps are increasing like linear to the ghz.

BI needs to fix that. Quick.

Holy shit that main memory speed is a huge impact to FPS. I just make a comparison a different DDR3 speeds, look at the results. :don3:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1588/957w.png

In another hand, Memory 2133Mhz+CPU stock > i5@5.2Ghz gives me almost same impact (47>60fps). So memory speed has a same fps increase than overclocking my CPU @5.2Ghz.

just wow! Whats your detailed latencies?

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1588/957w.png

you know what is scary about this...you are almost 2GHz above stock and all your getting is 14FPS increase. faster ram is helpful but replacing my current ram to the tune of $85 just to get 14FPS is not really worth it to me.

thnx for the graph though :)

ric, why not overclock your ram? It costs no dollar, only the time to write one or two postings :p

ric, why not overclock your ram? It costs no dollar, only the time to write one or two postings :p

I could...but i am getting between 35-50 FPS in MP (under 32 player)

so i am happy at the moment, I am even getting 80-120 at the castle in the editor :)

9FA84B64860A2A310C807C73FA3F6065CA5B4BD4

you know what is scary about this...you are almost 2GHz above stock and all your getting is 14FPS increase. faster ram is helpful but replacing my current ram to the tune of $85 just to get 14FPS is not really worth it to me.

thnx for the graph though :)

People pay $100's for a better video card to get a 14fps increase. A 30% increase is the norm for people moving from last gen to current gen cards.

Whats your detailed latencies?

Its in the picture, 11-12-11-30-1T, my memory default latencies.

My memory specs (2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Predator) are actually 2400Mhz at those same latencies, but my Sandy Bridges memory controller cant handle it. I havent tried over 1.20V VCCIO. yet.. :)

People pay $100's for a better video card to get a 14fps increase. A 30% increase is the norm for people moving from last gen to current gen cards.

Someones buy 400usd video card and basic 1600 memory and he got..lets say 50fps.

And someone else buy a 350usd video card and 2133-2666 memory, and he got 55fps, with same CPU and money. That's my point.

95% all other games works just perfectly on 1600Mhz DDR3, only 0-2fps more with 2133 DDR3. But, ARMA3 seems to be totally different game, engine needs to have extremly fast main memory. Those my tests/graph shows it.

and all because of some fab catching fire, ironically not important fab :) but market loves hystery ... reason to inflate prices

and all because of some fab catching fire, ironically not important fab :) but market loves hystery ... reason to inflate prices

exactly my thoughts..completely fucked of price fixing by speculation.

Lol I upgraded my GPU from GTX 570 to GTX 680 and the frames in battle are almost the same. Don't spend your money on GPUs guys.

Edited by Nikiforos