k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

laggy double post...........

Edited by babydoc

... it's your decision, but sleeping never helped to improve anything.
in his sleeping time benson made a very nice addon...LOL.... a more disproportional posting isn´t possible..

pffff.....all the experts with joindate 2013 and 60+ postings per day.....

Do you really have to be an expert to spot the biggest problem that ARMA has?

And since when is the join date telling you whether a person is an expert or not?

Do you really have to be an expert to spot the biggest problem that ARMA has?

And since when is the join date telling you whether a person is an expert or not?

to ride on the most obvious bugs in a high pathetic plus high frequency manner makes nothing better. The problem exists since arma (1!) (low gpu-usage plus negative correlation between overall usage of cpu/gpu ressourses and amount of AI (=the more ai the lower usage of pc-ressources)). At the end we get a sticky thread about it and a couple of statements. IF they are able to solve the issue with the current engine then they are solving it. If not, now....then not.

:232: yea he's some kind of hero. typing all these repetitive long posts with his bare hands. simply incredible!

seriously guys. don't you have anything better to do? even if the game was as unplayable as someone described it, you must be really bored to get all worked up about it here. seeing the join dates of most of the members of this little cult i assume none of you bought a supporter edition. so why not move on to another game if this is so scandalously broken? you seem to waste most of your time with these posts while others have actually fun playing the game. 30 bucks lost to the evil cooperate BI tricking you into buying their horrible game. could be worse.

you act like people who bought a house for a million that collapsed into a pile of rubble.

this isn't about issues at all. it's just about the entitlement some people feel they earned when paying 30 bucks. it's ridiculous. if you really want your answers just use common sense. BI are normal people with jobs they do for money. going back and redoing core aspects like this would cost a lot of money and time and contrary to some statements BI isn't like EA. they are basically an indie developer. it's just not a realistic demand however emotional you get about it.

in a world without PR people like white would be insta banned just for being a disrespectful and insufferable human being. in this world people say he has balls for writing angry, long, repetitive and totally disproportional posts on an internet forum. FPDR

besides all that.

of course BI will do their best to improve performance within their capabilities. why wouldn't they? no official statement will have any influence on that.

the game is not unplayable. while i myself have problems in MP with especially the devbuild on some servers, i have a very smooth game in SP and on certain servers. sure arma was never as optimized as other games, but what do you expect from such an ambitious game that is built on an upgraded old engine? if you have the money to fund a totally new engine feel free to give it to them.

so how about some common sense and some manners? or maybe just leave if you can't take it. the fact that there are so many actually outrageous things happening in the world that would demand a reaction like some people show here makes this kinda disgusting if you think about it. but maybe that's just me...

LOL... Hello, Kettle? This is Bad Benson.

so i guess i'm a hypocrite because my post is long too? damn. i'm the worst kind. i guess you got me on this one...better keep on letting others speak for you. at least they put some work in their name calling. and don't worry i have said everything i need to. i don't need hundred pages to feel my message came across.

so i guess i'm a hypocrite because my post is long too?

not the length so much as the content...

and don't worry i have said everything i need to.

ok, thanks... I hope you feel better now.

not the length so much as the content...

yawn. you have no case buddy. keep trying!

so i guess i'm a hypocrite because my post is long too? damn. i'm the worst kind. i guess you got me on this one...better keep on letting others speak for you. at least they put some work in their name calling. and don't worry i have said everything i need to. i don't need hundred pages to feel my message came across.

No, You're a hypocrite because you apparently feel entitled to tell others how feeling entitled is wrong. If you can't see the logic, you're apparently also stupid.

Do you always feel the need to gloat after banning someone or is this a special occurrence? I think most of us could do without the power trip conjecture.

He's not banned... :confused:

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

No, You're a hypocrite because you apparently feel entitled to tell others how feeling entitled is wrong. If you can't see the logic, you're apparently also stupid.

The logic in this is quite ridiculous. Entitlement is not above criticism.

And /thread.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks for re-opening this thread, hopefully we can get back to proper discussion. :)

Performance is a lot better in Beta for me, but there's still work to be done.

I will report that the performance has not improved for me in beta, and a slight stutter has been introduced in beta that did not appear in alpha. even when I am getting 60fps there is a bit of a stutter since beta and it does not play as smoothly.

Other than that, same ole story. There are places I can go on an empty stratis and watch my gpu usage drop into the 60's, and my frame rate go down into the sub 30's with it. This being on an empty map in editor.

There are other places I can go (on an empty map) where i run 50+ steady and my gpu usage is 99%. Helicopter showcase still performs as always (terrible with 50%'ish gpu usage and around 20-25fps (with lower dips into the teens), and introducing more than a few ai tends to cause my gpu usage to plummet and my fps to go with it. I remain relegated to playing small missions only for the most part due to this issue. No settings changes positively impact frame rates when this issue occurs. 720p on all low is the same as 2560x1600 on high/ultra settings.

Bummer, Medic. I've been away for a few months and I was hoping there would have been at least some improvement. No dice, it seems. I hopped on a while back after adding a second 7870 to my rig, but I saw no positive change. If anything, my performance actually got worse. I know Crossfire drivers can be slow to arrive and that CFX configs can be buggy, but it was still a little disheartening.

To be honest, the performance issues have ruined my enjoyment of the game almost entirely. There's nothing I hate worse than spending more time watching and analyzing FPS monitors than actually playing the game (though watching my hardware run at 40% while performance tanks is a close second). As you said, the issues create a situation in which only very small, carefully scripted missions can be truly enjoyed. There are plenty of games out there that do small, carefully scripted missions better than ArmA.

Hopefully it will get better. I'll keep checking back from time to time. Thanks for the update!

I will report that the performance has not improved for me in beta, and a slight stutter has been introduced in beta that did not appear in alpha. even when I am getting 60fps there is a bit of a stutter since beta and it does not play as smoothly.

Other than that, same ole story. There are places I can go on an empty stratis and watch my gpu usage drop into the 60's, and my frame rate go down into the sub 30's with it. This being on an empty map in editor.

There are other places I can go (on an empty map) where i run 50+ steady and my gpu usage is 99%. Helicopter showcase still performs as always (terrible with 50%'ish gpu usage and around 20-25fps (with lower dips into the teens), and introducing more than a few ai tends to cause my gpu usage to plummet and my fps to go with it. I remain relegated to playing small missions only for the most part due to this issue. No settings changes positively impact frame rates when this issue occurs. 720p on all low is the same as 2560x1600 on high/ultra settings.

Same thing here with the Beta and stuttering, It seems to have gotten worse with the last dev build, even making normally playable missions unplayable due to the stuttering and the input lag.

My fear is that this problem never gets solved and we and up having the exact same situation as in ArmA II.

Multiplayer server with low ping

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8366/vkv9.jpg (317 kB)

Single player in the same position, with same settings

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6521/hct1.jpg (296 kB)

Do you know what the server had the view distance set to? The way your object distance indicator varies suggests perhaps it was enforced to something other than you were using in singleplayer.

Edited by Defunkt

Yeah, I have noticed a bit of stutter as well. Overall framerate seems improved over Alpha for me, though, at the same settings. Especially in the Helicopter showcase (which may have been optimization done on that particular mission, not sure).

Yeah, I have noticed a bit of stutter as well. Overall framerate seems improved over Alpha for me, though, at the same settings. Especially in the Helicopter showcase (which may have been optimization done on that particular mission, not sure).

Frame rate is roughly the same between alpha and beta, it's the hitching and stuttering that's making it unbearable. I hope they can do something before release cause at this point I'm about ready to just uninstall it and give up.

Performance is much worse since the Beta! Remove the forced PP blur, BIS!!!!!!

My fear is that this problem never gets solved and we and up having the exact same situation as in ArmA II.

yeap, it seems so, that's the last time I bought Arma game, until they rewrite engine it runs on

well the 1.62 patch on OA fixed a lot of optimization issues