k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

huh ? surprised , read that benchmark thread again ...

I actually asked the guy about some setups while not being surprised at all ... please stop twisting the reality

and read again sitrep 004

Performance optimizations, anti-cheat solutions, Dedicated Server packages and tool releases are all in progress.

They are big tasks and once we have specific deployment dates, we will share those.

Edited by Dwarden

huh ? surprised , read that benchmark thread again ...

I actually asked the guy about some setups while not being surprised at all ... please stop twisting the reality

and read again sitrep 004

You are the one that keeps accusing me of trolling, drama and now twisting reality, but remember, even when you accused me of trolling i disproved you and that infraction was taken down. So check again who´s reality is twisted.

That guy did the same affinity/core test i had done a month prior but only this time around you stopped to ask questions about it like it was something new to you, i drew the only obvious conclusion, that you didn´t follow the one i had done before, that was tested and discussed by other people, so i posted it again and all that is explained on the same topic, the same bench topic which i also posted those questions i mentioned.

Again with the vague "optimizations" that can mean anything from making a couple of smaller sized textures to a complete overall of the engine, from which anyone can interpret anything from while not being accountable to anything, and don´t come close to describe even vaguely the issue discussed on this topic from day 1 of the alpha release and for years on arma 2. The closest anyone came from talking about the poor multithreaded issue here was you, but you also said that no game has high usage across all cores, and that multithreaded games don´t scale well, obviously implying that arma and its multicore support works as it should, but then we showed some games that scale well and do use several cores above 90%, thus disproving your statement and the article you used to base your statement on. what happened then? you became quiet, but whenever the subject was brought up again you stated the same thing linking to the same posts and article from bohemia.

The questions are still there, unanswered, you can answer them now then: (Or give us a reasonable excuse not to. I can post the several other questions that you ignored on this topic aswell if you are willing to answer them)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153524-CPU-VS-RAM-Performance-amp-CPU-Threading-Benchmarked&p=2378614&viewfull=1#post2378614

Edited by white

You are the one that keeps accusing me of trolling, drama and now twisting reality, but remember, even when you accused me of trolling i disproved you and that infraction was taken down. So check again who´s reality is twisted.

That guy did the same affinity/core test i had done a month prior but only this time around you stopped to ask questions about it like it was something new to you, i drew the only obvious conclusion, that you didn´t follow the one i had done before, that was tested and discussed by other people, so i posted it again and all that is explained on the same topic, the same bench topic which i also posted those questions i mentioned.

Again with the vague "optimizations" that can mean anything from making a couple of smaller sized textures to a complete overall of the engine, from which anyone can interpret anything from while not being accountable to anything, and don´t come close to describe even vaguely the issue discussed on this topic from day 1 of the alpha release and for years on arma 2. The closest anyone came from talking about the poor multithreaded issue here was you, but you also said that no game has high usage across all cores, and that multithreaded games don´t scale well, obviously implying that arma and its multicore support works as it should, but then we showed some games that scale well and do use several cores above 90%, thus disproving your statement and the article you used to base your statement on. what happened then? you became quiet, but whenever the subject was brought up again you stated the same thing linking to the same posts and article from bohemia.

The questions are still there, unanswered, you can answer them now then: (Or give us a reasonable excuse not to. I can post the several other questions that you ignored on this topic aswell if you are willing to answer them)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153524-CPU-VS-RAM-Performance-amp-CPU-Threading-Benchmarked&p=2378614&viewfull=1#post2378614

Maybe because you have almost 300 complaint posts, isn't it ?

show some love for BIS, white ;)

ye, they tend to be lazy and f..k up things but they always mind to mend it...their whole business is a work in progress :p

If they would have less to read / answer, then they would maybe have more time to finish their tasks. All this permanent repeating complaints are contra-productive.

I assume that the problematic is known by now, especially after 141 pages.

Maybe everyone should just spend their energy to find all the unknown issues and to report them.

:)

white you are right in many aspects but you get wrong to make it in an emotional manner and to repeat it 300x

Seems to me like they are trying to avoid acknowledging the issue. White seems to be the only one with the balls to do something.

They are already thinking about Beta when they have such a giant problem with their engine? Doesn't sound like a priority to me.

Dwarden, I don't know if you are developer, admin, moderator, but big respect to you for staying calm and STILL keep answering in this thread. I know I wouldn't be able to!

I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised by overall performance on my laptop. What i pity most is that i have virtually no time to play away...

@Dwarden: Just keep focussed and stop feeding the trolls :cool: I'm sure you'll get this game where you want to. A big hug to all the team from Belgium.

@Cryengine lovers: Try Cryengine with 80+ ai's and real 1.5km + distances on km² maps :eek:

When people are passionate about something then we tend to be "annoying" and asking questions and giving tips and ideas.

I dont think for a second that white is hating BIS or ARMA3.

He is just asking a direct question that so many of us are worried about.

I white was hating ARMA he wouldn't even bother to ask or trying to make these long posts.

IMO I think that IF the answer is something like:" We cant redo the AI-being-heavy-on-CPU without making a new engine but we can try to make the best optimizations as possible",

that would be like financial suicide.

If it was an easy fix then BIS would have made it a LONG time ago, they have like 2 engines as experience.

IMO I think this is a very hard fix and admitting that will scare of potential buyers.

My thoughts, I can be wrong tho

PS I still love ARMA.

Seems to me like they are trying to avoid acknowledging the issue.

tumblr_m329081Ix01qiy7r5.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs

To calm down...

I trust in BIS Developers that they will optimize the Performance as much as they can. It´s a shame (it´s actually not) they did not finish those performance issues yet but hey... it´s an Alpha and they are working on. They are following strict Project Structure Plans to get everything ready. They won´t tell you anything as they don´t want to promise features / Improvements when they can´t actually realise them...

Be Patient! ;)

Let´s get back on Rails with this Topic instead of bitching.:cool:

Best Regards,

Hammer

Pretty much the same specs as the original poster.

SPECS:

GTX 660 Twin Frozr 2gb

AMD PHENOM X4 965 BE

8gm ram

win 8

All 4 cpus rarely go above 50% max 60% screenshot below.

44t4x5g47

Guess we just have too wait till there is better optimization.

BTW this is on wasteland multiplayer.

i5 3570k @ 4,5 ghz

ATI 7950 @ 1200/1500

8gb RAM corsair 1600mhz

installed on SSD OCZ vertex 4

30-40 fps even playing in low, this game needs to be optimized fast, gpu usage is about 40-50% all time in ultra settings... same fps in low than ultra no sense

Has someone noticed when aiming / zooming (right mouse buton) GPU usage increases by 5-10% or it is only me ?

i5 3570k @ 4,5 ghz

ATI 7950 @ 1200/1500

8gb RAM corsair 1600mhz

installed on SSD OCZ vertex 4

30-40 fps even playing in low, this game needs to be optimized fast, gpu usage is about 40-50% all time in ultra settings... same fps in low than ultra no sense

please try these settings to push gpu-usage:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882982437180991359/19301AD478F51EB00A88C400713765C99808B595/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882982437180990532/952541CCACFAA445FC5FCCAFD75761B0FC81AF1B/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882982437180989589/4E116FAB94EC8C7E877BDB0798C4A1146716E9A5/

then place a soldier in empty editor at this point and look to fps and gpu-usage. How much do you have?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/884107627924358192/A2C7B0027AD4A85E89973F70C4D9D54E7F233404/

This issue can't be fixed by optimizing. Server-client architecture needs to be redesigned to decouple client fps from server fps. I'm sorry but I don't believe you will fix this when you say you're optimizing the game, that's what a politician would say to please the masses while keeping his back free. We need direct confirmation from the developers that this design flaw will be fixed before ArmA 3 is released...

White seems to be the only one with the balls to do something.

:232: yea he's some kind of hero. typing all these repetitive long posts with his bare hands. simply incredible!

seriously guys. don't you have anything better to do? even if the game was as unplayable as someone described it, you must be really bored to get all worked up about it here. seeing the join dates of most of the members of this little cult i assume none of you bought a supporter edition. so why not move on to another game if this is so scandalously broken? you seem to waste most of your time with these posts while others have actually fun playing the game. 30 bucks lost to the evil cooperate BI tricking you into buying their horrible game. could be worse.

you act like people who bought a house for a million that collapsed into a pile of rubble.

this isn't about issues at all. it's just about the entitlement some people feel they earned when paying 30 bucks. it's ridiculous. if you really want your answers just use common sense. BI are normal people with jobs they do for money. going back and redoing core aspects like this would cost a lot of money and time and contrary to some statements BI isn't like EA. they are basically an indie developer. it's just not a realistic demand however emotional you get about it.

in a world without PR people like white would be insta banned just for being a disrespectful and insufferable human being. in this world people say he has balls for writing angry, long, repetitive and totally disproportional posts on an internet forum. FPDR

besides all that.

of course BI will do their best to improve performance within their capabilities. why wouldn't they? no official statement will have any influence on that.

the game is not unplayable. while i myself have problems in MP with especially the devbuild on some servers, i have a very smooth game in SP and on certain servers. sure arma was never as optimized as other games, but what do you expect from such an ambitious game that is built on an upgraded old engine? if you have the money to fund a totally new engine feel free to give it to them.

so how about some common sense and some manners? or maybe just leave if you can't take it. the fact that there are so many actually outrageous things happening in the world that would demand a reaction like some people show here makes this kinda disgusting if you think about it. but maybe that's just me...

I think we won't be hearing much from white anymore, at least not for a while, so if we could just get on with the topic please :)

:232: yea he's some kind of hero. typing all these repetitive long posts with his bare hands. simply incredible!

seriously guys. don't you have anything better to do? even if the game was as unplayable as someone described it, you must be really bored to get all worked up about it here. seeing the join dates of most of the members of this little cult i assume none of you bought a supporter edition. so why not move on to another game if this is so scandalously broken? you seem to waste most of your time with these posts while others have actually fun playing the game. 30 bucks lost to the evil cooperate BI tricking you into buying their horrible game. could be worse.

you act like people who bought a house for a million that collapsed into a pile of rubble.

this isn't about issues at all. it's just about the entitlement some people feel they earned when paying 30 bucks. it's ridiculous. if you really want your answers just use common sense. BI are normal people with jobs they do for money. going back and redoing core aspects like this would cost a lot of money and time and contrary to some statements BI isn't like EA. they are basically an indie developer. it's just not a realistic demand however emotional you get about it.

in a world without PR people like white would be insta banned just for being a disrespectful and insufferable human being. in this world people say he has balls for writing angry, long, repetitive and totally disproportional posts on an internet forum. FPDR

besides all that.

of course BI will do their best to improve performance within their capabilities. why wouldn't they? no official statement will have any influence on that.

the game is not unplayable. while i myself have problems in MP with especially the devbuild on some servers, i have a very smooth game in SP and on certain servers. sure arma was never as optimized as other games, but what do you expect from such an ambitious game that is built on an upgraded old engine? if you have the money to fund a totally new engine feel free to give it to them.

so how about some common sense and some manners? or maybe just leave if you can't take it. the fact that there are so many actually outrageous things happening in the world that would demand a reaction like some people show here makes this kinda disgusting if you think about it. but maybe that's just me...

TL;DR

I feel entitled to tell you how you feel entitled....

I think we won't be hearing much from white anymore, at least not for a while, so if we could just get on with the topic please :)

Do you always feel the need to gloat after banning someone or is this a special occurrence? I think most of us could do without the power trip conjecture.

don't you have anything better to do? even if the game was as unplayable as someone described it, you must be really bored to get all worked up about it here.

It's because of those ppl like that the games improves. A bunch of blind fanboys without any critic eye, who continues to repeat that everything is good, perfect, awesome, would drive this game into the trashcan.

Ironical the most critic chaps are those ones that invested much more energies than anyone else in the ArmA serie (community leaders, mission developers, server admins...), and when you ask those chaps, where they takes their energy to continue to "criticize" (your phrase: "you have anything better to do?"), the answer is: from their enthusiasm.

You can continue to sleep or pretending to wait for the better... it's your decision, but sleeping never helped to improve anything (if not for the beds and the pillows materials).

I feel entitled to tell you how you feel entitled....

pfft. you're not even trying...

A bunch of blind fanboys without any critic eye, who continues to repeat that everything is good, perfect, awesome

you gotta learn to differentiate my friend. i mentioned and know the issues in arma. the difference is that i don't blow things out of proportion. the game simply isn't unplayable for me. so why would i agree with that statement. i never said the game is perfect. i find it awesome but that's my personal opinion not based solely on FPS counts over 50.

It's because of those ppl like that the games improves.

jesus christ. you can't be serious. if anything has an impact on the devs on issues than it's the dialog between them and really engaged people on places like devheaven. all threads like this here are is the usual PR madness every developer has to put up with.

where they takes their energy to continue to "criticize"

i didn't ask that. i asked what i asked since i think that being loud and disrespectful will save nothing from any imaginary trashcan. you seem to think that devs are just slaves that will work harder the louder you scream at them. your word twisting attempts won't make you and your fellows look any better. after the 100th post everyone knows what kind of people you are. but go on, call every single person who doesn't fully agree or sees things from a realistic standpoint and not wishful thinking a fanboy and call devs liars because they don't fall on their knees and beg for your forgiveness with a statement tailored to your emotional needs.

i'll thank you later when you finally saved arma from the trashcan...

Imagine building a game for a bar of chocolate, nice straight lines even pieces, that’s a console game..

Now imagine building a game for a packet of 'liquorice all sorts', that’s the problem faced by the devs when building a pc game..;)

The game isn't improved because of the complainers, it's improved because of the devs... and I don't mean that just literally.

i'll thank you later when you finally saved arma from the trashcan...

It's not only about me... there's ppl here that have followed ArmA for the last years, and they have figured today that nothing but few has been adjusted in the core engine, those persons now won't trust BIS until they see any improvement with their own eyes, this is why they (we) continue to push to see something better.

It's a matter of logic: if ask for a problem to be addressed, and it's not solved in 5 years, and you finally have another occasion to get it solved (a new game > ArmA3), would you wait the last week? Nope, you will ask for it every damn day hoping the devs to finally uncork their ears (assuming they cares to do so).

What do you pretend? To find at the launch that you need a single core 5ghz PC to run this game at stable 60 FPS? (when the technology is aiming exactly in the opposite direction) At that point what you will do?

========

You see, I've repeated again what's been mentioned in this time many other times.. and this will probably continue until something (concrete) will be finally done; or eventually until BIS will will tell us: it's not convenient for us to fix the issue (like they did the last time; see the relevant JIRA entry).