k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

A 660 TI SC, 6 cores @ 3.5 Ghz and 16 gigs of ram and still with Crappy FPS. as a supporter I say Make this TOP PRIORITY

i know a simple way to fix everything, too bad it wasnt done from start:

set the minimum required specs to an amd 8350 with a 7950 and recommended to an 3960 with nvidia titan. only those with a 3960 and titan would have any basis for complaining, and those should be way less than 1% of players.

ye, cynicism really helps a lot :p

ye, cynicism really helps a lot :p

wasnt being cynical, those requirements are indeed more in tune with reality.

One of the funniest Graphic settings is PIP. You must have it enabled. If its disabled and you're in a Ifrit GMG or Hunter as a Gunner you see a black touchpad. On low it have an impact to my FPS.

it was mentioned on SPOTREP and maybe also some SITREP

I´m sorry, but again, where is it?

Didn't see it getting pointed out in the last sitrep either. Which is scary given that they said alpha was near.

If you posted a feedback saying "ARMA 3 sucks!" and got a lot of upvotes, you wouldn't expect to find a sitrep saying "We know Arma 3 sucks, but we are looking into it". As a few Mods have said before - the difference between alpha and beta is also in the code and its optimizations. Wait for the beta - if it still has the same fps problems with no improvement what so ever, then I say go witch hunting. I am positive we will see improvements in the Beta.

If you posted a feedback saying "ARMA 3 sucks!" and got a lot of upvotes, you wouldn't expect to find a sitrep saying "We know Arma 3 sucks, but we are looking into it". As a few Mods have said before - the difference between alpha and beta is also in the code and its optimizations. Wait for the beta - if it still has the same fps problems with no improvement what so ever, then I say go witch hunting. I am positive we will see improvements in the Beta.

Comparing this issue to someone posting and saying "Arma 3 sucks" is plain silly.

Yeah, it's not a huge sticking point for me like it is for some people, but I checked SPOTREP/SITREP, and also Known Issues where it was supposedly added. No mention of it anywhere as far as I can tell.

The closest thing I can find is this from sitrep 4:

Performance optimizations, anti-cheat solutions, Dedicated Server packages and tool releases are all in progress. They are big tasks and once we have specific deployment dates, we will share those.

under "Operations":

http://alpha.arma3.com/sitrep-00004

Comparing this issue to someone posting and saying "Arma 3 sucks" is plain silly.

I don't think so. The issue is so obvious that not believing the developers are aware of the problem and trying to optimize the engine is plain silly.

Either the same or slightly better probably. If you are waiting for double the FPS: That will never happen.

Does it still run horribly? I have not played it for months.

Unfortunately yes.. and at this point I believe they have no solution. To be honest I see a total randomness in the development process and it looks too amateur to me. I can accept this for a small indie very low budget developer, but not from BIS (especially after the huges A2 sales since DayZ mod).

Unfortunately yes.. and at this point I believe they have no solution. To be honest I see a total randomness in the development process and it looks too amateur to me. I can accept this for a small indie very low budget developer, but not from BIS (especially after the huges A2 sales since DayZ mod).

Yes of course, you should go and give them some lessons as you seem able to run a professional game studio.

Yes of course, you should go and give them some lessons as you seem able to run a professional game studio.

I don't like people trying and failing to justify this. They are definitely not a indie studio, they are a successful game studio with multiple products and even better, BI Simulations has military contracts. They should be able to solve this, plus the cost of their product in comparison to where they are based gives them a significant profit advantage.

BI =/= BISim, believe it or not...

Then again, I'd say that it's pretty clear that this is a game whose development hit a lot of bumps in the road starting from its 2011 announcement... everything from the disruption-due-to-DayZ-and-BI-trying-to-wrap-their-heads-around-this to the Greek incident (let's not pretend that that didn't affect development) to whatever reason it was that Dan Musil left, and as DnA put it in the Steamworks announcement, the view was that this game wouldn't have come out in 2013 had they not gone Steamworks and it sounds like Maruk told the devs that "releasing in 2013 is that important"...

And again an official dev member walks into a flame thread to publicly explain that (1) they are aware of the issues and (2) they are trying to fix them, only to meet with:

Incredible rage that they have not officially stated that they are aware of the issues and will focus on them enough.

Smilies don't to my sentiments justice, so I'll just leave it at that.

focus on them enough.
And here we find the crux of the problem. ;)

And again an official dev member walks into a flame thread to publicly explain that (1) they are aware of the issues and (2) they are trying to fix them, only to meet with:

Incredible rage that they have not officially stated that they are aware of the issues and will focus on them enough.

Some of it is rage, some of it is just distrust. Can you honestly blame people for not trusting them when they give the same line for the past 4-6 years or so that it's "been known"? I got all the respect for them for producing games in a niche market, but that doesn't mean that I like buying something that doesn't run on a system that's above or on par with the recommended specs.

check my last 2 posts on the previous page, wouldnt you call that a clear cut lie? if not, explain to me why.

and if they decided to start to go as far as lying, care to think of reasons why would they do that? i can, and they are not good.

Edited by white

I don't think so. The issue is so obvious that not believing the developers are aware of the problem and trying to optimize the engine is plain silly.

No one in here has said anything about them not being *aware*. That is not the issue at all.

I don't think we're going to see any ArmA 3 improvements in drivers until at minimum Beta release.

Probably not, but they fixed the FXAA in this driver, which was not working correctly in 320.00:

[sLI][GeForce GTX Titan][ArmA III]: There is corruption in the game when FXAA is enabled.[1279518]