k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

There is no solution only way I see this getting fixed is from BIS.

I am sure it will well I hope it will but lets see.

I'm happy to see other dozens of people have this problem, this way i know it will be fixed asap :D

Yeah every one has it well every one that dont have a 10ghz CPU 128gb ram etc etc :P

Nah even those with monster rigs are not getting what they should be but its alpha so lets see what they come up with :)

I'm happy to see other dozens of people have this problem, this way i know it will be fixed asap :D

Don't bet on it.

Indeed. I share your optimism, but for the love of all your fans, here's a minor suggestion: postpone ARMA 3's release with a year, and release the full game in Q3_2014.

Don't bet on it.

...famous last words :P

I found out that by using an SSD I got a huge fps increasee in ArmA 2! << this could be a hint to whats the real fps bottle neck here.

False, using RAMDisk which is much faster than SSD, 0 fps increase just improved loading times.

Yeah I did not want to say it but ARMA 2 suffered with low cpu usage though that was out befor quad cores was really main stream.

ARMA3 on the other hand has no ascuse this should have been checked before alpha I really cant see how they missed this I really cant.

Seems to be running fairly good on my PC, Everything on ultra, 1920x1080.. No AA though as it bugs the textures for me.

I got my view distance limited to 2,000 though.

I7 930

680 DC2

12gb 1600mhz ram

Yeah I did not want to say it but ARMA 2 suffered with low cpu usage though that was out befor quad cores was really main stream.

ARMA3 on the other hand has no ascuse this should have been checked before alpha I really cant see how they missed this I really cant.

Alright everyone. It is time to face it. BI knows about this, they have known about it since Arma, You can go all the way back and play Cold war Assault (OFP) and it becomes even more apparent. This is directly related to the engine, and I don't see the small team at BI rewriting the engine that has been the basis for every game they have ever made. Should they? Well unless they want to piss off every new player they have earned then it should be the #1 priority, but do they have the people, or time? We know they have the money (now).

So don't be surprised if they just stuff this under the carpet, the problem has been around forever, and it keeps 95% of the user base alienated from the true awesomeness that can be had in the Arma series.

Edited by shadylurker

Merging with the existing Low FPS thread, not sure why another one was started?

False, using RAMDisk which is much faster than SSD, 0 fps increase just improved loading times.

ssd helps against stuttering if you are moving ingame and the harddrive isn´t fast enough to stream the new data. So ssd helps to raise fps in this aspect.

Hello there

I think some perspective should be taken and a realisation should be reached that BI are not deliberately doing this to upset us. If I see another "the dev's lie!" post I shall scream.

We are all aware that Arma in it's various guises can be a pain to run, surely we should be looking at the known ways to combat this and to make a comprehensive list of useful tweaks rather than lambast BI for releasing their Alpha to the community which does have a vast amount of improvements.

For me, and some of my system is sub par, A3 is running slightly better than A2 did, or "feels" that way. I would like to squeeze a few more frames out of it though. Has anyone confirmed whether the old start up parameters work? I have the same ones as I use in Arma and the obvious ones like world empty work,but do the others?

Rgds

LoK

ps hello again K3lt!

ssd helps against stuttering if you are moving ingame and the harddrive isn´t fast enough to stream the new data. So ssd helps to raise fps in this aspect.

I dont think so, unless you're talking about some old IDE 5400rpm hdd, homever i didn't noticed anything.

Edited by k3lt

I was at my friend yesterday and he had AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3,0Ghz with HD4890 and it ran horribly UNTIL... i've cleaned his pc from DUST as it was overheating a lot... clean your pcs btw fyi ;). It's running around 30fps in helicopter showcase with standard settings, 2,2km view distance, 1,4km object distance and FXAA.

Yeah every one has it well every one that dont have a 10ghz CPU 128gb ram etc etc :P

Nah even those with monster rigs are not getting what they should be but its alpha so lets see what they come up with :)

yep, people with 'monster rigs' get decent performance, because they're so overpowered. but all these symptoms are still there, and they're still not seeing the full potential of their hardware

How I improve fps

You guys can download a demo of bandicam at http://www.shockawenow.net in their freestuff area and it let's you monitor your frame rates.

I am running a dell xps and I have found some maps you get better frame rates than others. The best map for best fps is escape from stratis

Also that dang post processing is horrible I shut that off to get better fps. Also I have found that if you change settings while in game it seems to lag a lot more if you don't go in and out of the game.

New 14 MB PAtch, Seems to of fixed FPS issues, although I can't get on 90% of the servers XD

Cannot get on any MP servers to test properly, but in helicopter showcase nothing has changed in terms of performance.

New 14 MB PAtch, Seems to of fixed FPS issues, although I can't get on 90% of the servers XD

Bullshit, all of it! Why would you make such a lie in public?

singleplayer runs better than multiplayer, so yeah, if it disables multiplayer for you it should get you better overall performance :)

Cannot get on any MP servers to test properly, but in helicopter showcase nothing has changed in terms of performance.

same here

same here

I concur. I'll be back once they've fixed their issues, unless they do it, their loss.