Sign in to follow this  
bluedrake42

"Adjust Up" & "Adjust Down"?

Would You Like Additional Binds for "Adjust Up' and "Adjust Down" ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like Additional Binds for "Adjust Up' and "Adjust Down" ?

• Yes I would.
    • No, because I am a communist.

Instead of using a modifier + W and S keys

I would rather just have "Adjust Up" and "Adjust Down" keys.

Does this exist?

To be honest the new incremental system is so good, I would like to not use the "Crouch" and "Prone" keys at all

I would rather just bind "Adjust Up" and "Adjust Down" to what used to be my "Stand Up" and "Crouch" keys

This would also let me adjust stances while moving... which would be invaluable

pretty sure you can change the controls in the options.

Also when I reconfigure the "Adjust" key, I lose the ability to change sights cqb/scope though the stance adjustments still work :confused:

Instead of using a modifier + W and S keys

I would rather just have "Adjust Up" and "Adjust Down" keys.

Does this exist?

To be honest the new incremental system is so good, I would like to not use the "Crouch" and "Prone" keys at all

I would rather just bind "Adjust Up" and "Adjust Down" to what used to be my "Stand Up" and "Crouch" keys

This would also let me adjust stances while moving... which would be invaluable

I would like this also, a stance indicator would be nice for servers that only allow first person views too.

I would like this also, a stance indicator would be nice for servers that only allow first person views too.

i agree, that or a "clear modifier" button.... like i hit the left alt key and if im in a modified crouch position it goes to NORMAL crouch... too many times today was i running around at HIGH crouch and not even realizing i was exposing so much of myself

A stance indicator is necessary with the new system. Some people are playing with the first person only, and there's no possibility to know our current stance.

I also agree for the stance up and stance down buttons, having 4, 5 or 6 buttons just for the stances is too much. A stance up/stance down system with an incremental lean may be better and easier, but optionnal for people who still want to change their stances with half a keyboard. :D

Edited by Kr3v

A stance indicator is necessary with the new system. Some people are playing with the first person only, and there's no possibility to know our current stance.

I also agree for the stance up and stance down buttons, having 4, 5 or 6 buttons just for the stances is too much. A stance up/stance down system with an incremental lean may be the best and easier, but optionnal for people who still want to change their stances with half a keyboard. :D

I agree. Unless i'm in Third Person, it's hard to tell which stance you're in when you're adjusting.

Thanks for this thread. I'm pretty new to Arma (only played a few hours of A2) and have been digging through the controls for a "stance reset" key thinking I just had to be missing it.

I really like the ideas here. Adjust up and down seems like a great idea as I'm instinctively mashing "prone" multiple times to get all the way down from standing, resulting in me hopping up and down (and usually eating a bullet). It just feels like how the stances should work. Maybe that's just something I need to get used to.

A stance indicator is pretty much required and a stance reset key will keep the new stance system from feeling like you're playing DDR on your keyboard when trying to quickly shift to a drastically different stance. I played with a friend and he ran around half the night not realizing he was in a step lean. Looked far too silly.

Yep stance indicator + a key to unmodify the current stance like what Covert_Death suggested would really be helpful.

"clear modifier" button.... like i hit the left alt key and if im in a modified crouch position it goes to NORMAL crouch.

I also believe that the step right and step left modfiers should automatically revert back to normal after you release the keys, similar to leaning. I don't know if I am alone in this belief though...

I don't mind the holding control option... It makes sense.

I just want to re-map the keys to ctrl+mwheelup and ctrl+mwheel down. It seems so much more intuitive. This way you could shoot, scoot, and adjust.

I also believe that the step right and step left modfiers should automatically revert back to normal after you release the keys, similar to leaning. I don't know if I am alone in this belief though...

I think having both is a great idea. I have lean bound to Q and E and Hold Lean bound to Ctrl+Q/E. Some times I just need to pop out for a second and some times I need to hold it to pie a corner. I see no reason not to be able to do the same with the step-lean.

I think having both is a great idea. I have lean bound to Q and E and Hold Lean bound to Ctrl+Q/E. Some times I just need to pop out for a second and some times I need to hold it to pie a corner. I see no reason not to be able to do the same with the step-lean.

Yes I was just thinking this. For me it may be CTRL + W to just temporaily step out and CTRL + 2xW to step out and stick in that position. Right now though I find that I try to move left while accidently holding down the modifier key. I don't realize that I have stepped out though because I think I have merely moved a bit to the side. Then later on when I want to sidestep I find that I can't because I have been in the sidestep position the whole time. Stance indicator would help this, but I think making the sidestep temporary would also, of course with the option to toggle. Practice and time will help all of us the most though.

I just want to re-map the keys to ctrl+mwheelup and ctrl+mwheel down. It seems so much more intuitive.

This thought crossed my mind, didn't bother to check, tho.

If CTRL+W/S is not remappable to CTRL+MWup/down - then it needs to be possible! Altho the current stance change/anim speed would break the whole immersion thing. :p

Works fine for me the way it is now.

Works "fine" for long range engagement, if you're stationary, but usability is well below average for urban CQB.

Works "fine" for long range engagement, if you're stationary, but usability is well below average for urban CQB.

Precisely. It works fine when you are peaking out from behind your little rock and shooting at guys 300 metres away who don't even know where you are, but it is clumsy when you need to change stance with haste or peek around corners quickly. Part of this is just because we haven't grown accustomed to the mechanics. But I think the suggestions in this thread are a good way too help us, and other noobies down the road, get a hang of things quicker.