Sign in to follow this  
CommanderJordan

ArmA 3 Black Screen/Display Drivers Stopped Working?

Disable Windows Aero Theme and it should stop giving this error.

At least i havent seen it since i went back to the old windows theme.

Some people might argue "but windows is ugly now", but hey, you dont need fancy windows animations to play arma ;)

Yes ;)

No idea if this will work for you, apparantly it's a non-existant laucnh parameter but it still solved this issue for me

add -nobenchmark to your launch parameters...

See if that does anything

This is exactally how i have mine working from this problem

1) Add -nobenchmark to launch options

2) launch in windowed mode

3) just leave the window alone, go and do something else for a few mins

4) come back and it should of loaded

5)You can change it to fullscreen when ingame with no problems (but always launch in Windowed)

6) enjoy

This is how i managed to get mine working

Hopefully it will help you too

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: I am bowing down to you all wise one. I am so happy that this WORKEDDDDD :yay::yay::yay:

Yes ;)

No idea if this will work for you, apparantly it's a non-existant laucnh parameter but it still solved this issue for me

add -nobenchmark to your launch parameters...

See if that does anything

This is exactally how i have mine working from this problem

1) Add -nobenchmark to launch options

2) launch in windowed mode

3) just leave the window alone, go and do something else for a few mins

4) come back and it should of loaded

5)You can change it to fullscreen when ingame with no problems (but always launch in Windowed)

6) enjoy

This is how i managed to get mine working

Hopefully it will help you too

How do u do this, can u put in some screen pictures, thanx. I am new to steam so this would be a great help.

How do u do this, can u put in some screen pictures, thanx. I am new to steam so this would be a great help.

Right click the game in steam > properties > set launch options > add -nobenchmark to the box and click okay.

OP do you have an NVIDIA card using 314.07 drivers by any chance? There have been tons of people reporting crashes and overheating with 314.07. Don't believe me? Google "314.07 crash," not to mention I'm experiencing the issues right now. I'm going to be rolling back my drivers when I get home.

Its not just them , the 320 serious has been frying some cards I damaged my gtx670 card using 320.18 and after that driver the card would black screen with all drivers , sent the card back and bought a gtx780 and use the hacked 314.22 and its very stable , NVidia drivers lately have been terrible with lots of issues reported in the GeForce forums .