Sign in to follow this  
CommanderJordan

ArmA 3 Black Screen/Display Drivers Stopped Working?

I downloaded ArmA Alpha, I ran it as admin and everything. Then. After it initializes it has a black screen then goes back to the desktop and a pop up comes up saying

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7 ® stopped responding and has successfully recovered!"

I try running ArmA again and it says its already running, SO CTRl + ALT + DELETE and stop the processes.

EDIT: all right, I verified the game cache.... time to run the game. hope it works...

EDIT: didn't work. I have no idea. I have HDD Integrated Graphics.

COMPUTER: HP P7-1226s.

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

No one can help me?

Sorry for asking but..have you played ArmA2 without problems??

Also..with a quick search i found some System Requirements

Be sure you have checked those..

My first 10 seconds playing the Infantry portion caused my PC to chuck a wobbly requiring me to do a reset to reboot.

Since then, I've not had any problems with an hour of play time on the same infantry mission and mucking about a little with the editor.

Are your drivers all up to date? Have you rebooted at all?

Yes, I can run ArmA 2 and OA completely fine. And, My friends on TeamSpeak said the my integrated graphics were BETTER then the minium system requirments. Help anyone?

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

And I don't even no what zoom alarm is!

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

No, I do not use Zoom Alarm

OP do you have an NVIDIA card using 314.07 drivers by any chance? There have been tons of people reporting crashes and overheating with 314.07. Don't believe me? Google "314.07 crash," not to mention I'm experiencing the issues right now. I'm going to be rolling back my drivers when I get home.

I crash out when starting with msi afterburner. probably the overlay and a3 not playing nice during startup

when I'm ingame I can alttab out and start afterburner.

I had exact same error you had, I just seriously had to let it do that 5-6 times then it just magically worked, I got the same error message as you with the exception of windows 7 said windows 8 for me, even though I have windows 7 so i have no clue to that one...

With nVidia I know a guy that have solved putting in the control nvidia pannel the physx to CPU

Black screen / display drivers stopped usually means gpu overheating or unstable overclock.

Edited by k3lt

So relieved to see this post here. I thought I was the only one. It happens to me mostly when OCing my 680. At first I thought id f*cked it up. The only way I can get it back to operational after a graphics card driver is a full PC restart. Sucks because I know if I OC my 680 id be getting better frames. Have to wait till this is fixed I guess.

Come to think of one thing. The 2 last drivers have a big issue with Tesselation in Tomb Raider. I haven't checked it yet but it might be an issue for Alpha to if it is a driver issue.

I have the same problem but I overclocked my Titan cards but the crashes are less frequent on stock speeds. I'm gonna check if the tessellation is an issue tonight though.

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Intel HD graphics, and I could run Arma 2 just fine with the subtle problem with the ground around my character's feet being all grey. But other than that, I had no problems.

I'm having the same problem, I can run ArmA 2 just fine but it keeps giving me this error. Anyone know the fix?

I'm having the same problem, I can run ArmA 2 just fine but it keeps giving me this error. Anyone know the fix?
Black screen / display drivers stopped usually means gpu overheating or unstable overclock.

Few posts above.

Minumum ArmA3 specs: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/arma-iii/11156?p=r

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM

I have a pretty much a laptop version of your specs, and that one comes with an HD3000*, which is below the minimum requirements. Though it does support Dx10.1, however the intel implementation seems to be rather odd at times, and things may not necessarily work as intended. Basically: Get a real GPU.

Also, I have tried ArmA2 on my laptop and you seem to have an odd definition of 'completely fine', it barely runs acceptable at very low settings. :p

*I could not find if it is any different on your version, they rarely/never tell you if it is an HD2x00, 3000 or 4000.

Edited by NeMeSiS

Yes ;)

No idea if this will work for you, apparantly it's a non-existant laucnh parameter but it still solved this issue for me

add -nobenchmark to your launch parameters...

See if that does anything

This is exactally how i have mine working from this problem

1) Add -nobenchmark to launch options

2) launch in windowed mode

3) just leave the window alone, go and do something else for a few mins

4) come back and it should of loaded

5)You can change it to fullscreen when ingame with no problems (but always launch in Windowed)

6) enjoy

This is how i managed to get mine working

Hopefully it will help you too

Edited by pouchey2

Yes ;)

No idea if this will work for you, apparantly it's a non-existant laucnh parameter but it still solved this issue for me

add -nobenchmark to your launch parameters...

See if that does anything

This is exactally how i have mine working from this problem

1) Add -nobenchmark to launch options

2) launch in windowed mode

3) just leave the window alone, go and do something else for a few mins

4) come back and it should of loaded

5)You can change it to fullscreen when ingame with no problems (but always launch in Windowed)

6) enjoy

This is how i managed to get mine working

Hopefully it will help you too

Thank you I can finally play now.

BUMP - It's been like months and still no help, c'mon! Anyone got a fix?

EDIT - 1:08PM 4/21/13

OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH TRUENORD! IT WORKED OMG! MAN I LOVE YOU! <3

Edited by CommanderJordan

Goodluck trying to get Arma 3 working on Integrated gfx . I have a HD 4000 and thats even better. But i also have the HD7700. I wouldnt reccommend any less then a HD6*** or Nvidia 540