Sign in to follow this  
ckount

Uninstall ZoneAlarm if Alpha not starting

I spent 5 hours reinstalling Alpha 4 times, verifying cache, updating Nvidia drivers, downgrading from latest beta and upgrading again.

After uninstalling ZoneAlarm and rebooting, Alpha started on first attempt. All problems gone. Vanished. Disappeared. Happened!

anyone know of a solution that DOESNT require uninstalling zonealarm?? I'm sorry but haveing to uninstall ZA just to run a game isnt on, especial when arma2 works just fine with it on.

gonna try this now fingers & toes crossed

Nice one! I had the exact same problem. I've uninstalled zonealarm and now it works perfectly - Thank you!

yup, uninstalled ZA, restarted, had one crash, second attempt it worked.

anyone know of a solution that DOESNT require uninstalling zonealarm?? I'm sorry but haveing to uninstall ZA just to run a game isnt on, especial when arma2 works just fine with it on.
Haven't used ZA in a while, but there used to be a mode you can put ZA into, like a learning mode, or game mode, where it will let your game run and open whatever ports internet connections etc and mark them as ok. Then next time you run the game ZA knows about it and doesn't interfere. Arma3-Alpha is probably trying to authenticate your key with BI servers, and ZA isn't letting it. Can you try and ALT-TAB to see ZA screen questions?

Dude, you have no idea how much I love you right now. Was up from midnight to 3am downloading, then 3am-6am trying to fix it, before redownloading and trying again. Found this thread and boom, fixed instantly. You're a (virtual) lifesaver.

Haven't used ZA in a while, but there used to be a mode you can put ZA into, like a learning mode, or game mode, where it will let your game run and open whatever ports internet connections etc and mark them as ok. Then next time you run the game ZA knows about it and doesn't interfere. Arma3-Alpha is probably trying to authenticate your key with BI servers, and ZA isn't letting it. Can you try and ALT-TAB to see ZA screen questions?

yea thats game mode, but it doesnt even get that far. I click play in steam, the pc thinks about it, then nothing, no error messages at all. However steam says i have played it! I've turned ZA off and it still happens.

haveing same problem ive even gave steam full access and a3 full access to the web all i get is a change in the steam icon for 1 sec then then then nothing

FIXED!!

- Load up the task manager and go to "services" tab

- scroll down till you see "IswSvc", click on it and then click the services button on the bottom right

- Scroll down in the new window till you see "ZoneAlarm Toolbar IswSvc" and select it

- Right click and press properties

- In the "Startup type" drop down select "disabled"

- Reboot and verify arma3 game files in steam

- click play, click allow on the ZA pop up and enjoy arma3

:)

Not working for me, all i've got is Forcefield.

It works for the launching crash but the game still crashes after about 10 minutes playing (APPCRASH with module StackHash_0a9e) ...

Ignore this - it's a 2nd post as some parts of content in forum was suddenly hidden.

Does anyone know when the Dev Team might look into the ZA problem ? I bought A III yesterday and uninstalled ZA so I could have a peek. But I like having my ZA running, so I reinstalled it again. I hope they look into it some time soon... Cause I'm really busting to get into A III :yay:

I managed to make them both work, after adding Steam and Arma 3 to ZA exceptions and giving all access rights. I rebooted a couple of times tho, I think Steam and ZA are fighting for exclusive first access to operating system, like antiviruses... But sometimes I still get Steam crash or the need to click "play game" twice... you need to close all Steam processes in Task Manager if this happen.

Yeah thnx mate I'll give that a go, after work this arvo. ;)

Edit: Added Arma 3 to ZA exceptions and giving all access rights, Steam already had access rights. Still no change.

Thanks for the suggestion all the same tho.

Edited by K3ng0
Add more to post

From what they told us in the feedback tracker ZA needs to update it's registry.

.. I have (probably) the same issue - game does not start, Zone Alarm installed.

Trouble ticket sent to support@bistudio.com on the 1st of April (46736), still no answer.

So now what..?

found this on a steam group it worked for me as a temp fix

steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828934424033659007/

cheers guys and happy testing

Archer

FIXED!!

- Load up the task manager and go to "services" tab

- scroll down till you see "IswSvc", click on it and then click the services button on the bottom right

- Scroll down in the new window till you see "ZoneAlarm Toolbar IswSvc" and select it

- Right click and press properties

- In the "Startup type" drop down select "disabled"

- Reboot and verify arma3 game files in steam

- click play, click allow on the ZA pop up and enjoy arma3

:)

This worked a treat for me Meaty I thank you very much.

It worked for me as well but I hope they come up with a real fix for this as I am not willing to disable web protection just for one game.

Hey guys I'm suffering from this issue to, where my game does load once I 'play' it via steam. I simply get the "Preparing to launch game" followed by nothing. I don't have ZoneAlarm and I've tried those launch parameters as well. Any ideas? Or should I just wait for it to be fixed in an update?

Thanks.