Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Update regarding Store.Bistudio & Arma 3 Steam key distribution

I also bought a steam version to avoid the issues that originally created this thread, but would like to upgrade to/buy supporter edition as well. Is there a way this is possible? If not I will literally create a separate steam account specifically for ARMA III.

Let me know. :)

subscribe to the question

The answer from Joris is the last one that stands on the question: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148972-Upgrading-Digital-Deluxe-to-Supporter-Edition-possible&p=2329981&viewfull=1#post2329981

We're glad to hear you are positively surprised by the Alpha :) An upgrade is not currently possible, but we are looking at options and will let people know if they do become available.

Thanks ever so much! My apologies that I did not search thoroughly enough (read: at all) before asking. I am very much enjoying the alpha and am a little saddened that I did not give BIS as much money as I could have for all their hard work. Love you guys!

Is it possible to buy the supporters package from the website here and then link "This" account with my steam account so I can simply play it from steam?

Yes, there's no other way. All Arma 3 versions require Steam to play anyways.

Yes, there's no other way. All Arma 3 versions require Steam to play anyways.

I really don't like that that's going to be the case. Steam is nice and all but I think this game would be better without it.

The Steamworks announcement explained it -- going Steam-exclusive let them tap into Steamworks APIs and make use of premade systems to cut down on development time for those to direct it towards other things, as the CEO of BI had basically said "get this game out by 2013".

I think this thread is now actually obsolete.