Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Update regarding Store.Bistudio & Arma 3 Steam key distribution

Well, I managed to receive the Arma 3 Alpha code but not the Arma X code for the supporter edition...

Go to Steam and look at the steam gifts.

If I buy an alpha key from another website that's not Bohemia or Steam, can I use that key as if it would be an 'original' key?

Bohemia and Steam are currently the only authorised sellers as far as I'm aware, who is the other website?

why do my posts asking about how we find if we get our name in the credits keep getting deleted?

why do my posts asking about how we find if we get our name in the credits keep getting deleted?

Because 1. it's not relevant to this topic 2. if you search you'll find the answer and 3. it's not important when compared to issues where people don't have a key after buying or can't complete a purchase.

I poked them again :)

Please repeat, nothing yet. Did reply to the autoresponse from Saturday today (#43504).

Hi Everyone,

I have read over the post's in this thread and I am still unawear of how to solve my problem which is:

"Return to merchant and try a different payment method

Unfortunately, we're unable to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

This is rather a very annoying problem for as I really would love to make sure the money that I am spending goes stright to bi because of this I am purchasing the Supporters Edition because I actually aperciate the game and the devolper's.

If you could find a solution to this problem it would be fantastic, or if you could direct me on a path to finding the solution that would also be great.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Cheers

Mr Seacucumber

Please repeat, nothing yet. Did reply to the autoresponse from Saturday today (#43504).

Just to confirm, you've now paid the issue is you're still waiting for your Arma3 key right?

yea, i still dont have my keys..anyone else get them yet?

I checked your forum email and you haven't opened a support ticket? You need to do that: Support@bistudio.com

Hi Everyone,

"Return to merchant and try a different payment method

Have you tried contacting the bank/card issuer attached to your Paypal account to make sure there's no block? Do you perhaps have a friend who could try making the purchase and you refund them? I checked and don't see a support ticket opened using your forum email address?

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

Add another one to the "Supporter's Edition but no ArmA X" And yes I checked the steam gifts list.

I see your support ticket, do you know where the person who gifted you it purchased Arma3 from?

I'm assuming the BI store. I'll try to get in contact, but can't you cross refrence the key I provided in the support ticket?

I'm assuming the BI store. I'll try to get in contact, but can't you cross refrence the key I provided in the support ticket?

Are you sure you activated a Supporter's Edition key?

If it was you should see in steam under "Licenses+Subscriptions":

gGj5PBw.png

I don't have access to that information as I don't work with the store, I'm sure whoever gets your support ticket will of course check the key :)

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Are you sure you activated a Supporter's Edition key?

If it was you should see in steam under "Licenses+Subscriptions":

http://i.imgur.com/gGj5PBw.png

If he was given it as a gift he may not have access to the store account just the actual key.

Well I checked and it said Alpha Retail, so I'm gonna ahve my friend check his bank statements and make sure it's what he actually bought.

Just to confirm, you've now paid the issue is you're still waiting for your Arma3 key right?

Yep, payment was finally completed last Friday. I'll PM you the details.

If he was given it as a gift he may not have access to the store account just the actual key.

I clearly meant his steam store account which he better have access :) , and not the BI store account with which they key was bought.

Hello!

I havent received any email containing the free alpha codes, could you re-sent them for me pls?

I received my steam copy of ArmA 3 as a GIFT, so does that mean i contact steam staff about this?

Alpha Lite is not released yet so you won't have your codes until it is.

Bohemia and Steam are currently the only authorised sellers as far as I'm aware, who is the other website?

[Link removed]

Just wondering if these keys will work in any way, since they are notably cheaper

Edited by Sniperwolf572

[Link removed]

Just wondering if these keys will work in any way, since they are notably cheaper

Probably not or will be banned sooner or later, because:

Bohemia and Steam are currently the only authorised sellers

If you buy cheap you will buy twice. And finally waste money.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Myke;2336970']Probably not or will be banned sooner or later' date=' because:

If you buy cheap you will buy twice. And finally waste money.[/quote']

what happens with ``resellers´´? (regarding those who are not from USA, EU, or dont have credit cards)

what happens with ``resellers´´? (regarding those who are not from USA, EU, or dont have credit cards)

CD Key resellers are never supported by us, in our experience there is a very strong chance that the keys people buy are bought with stolen credit cards for example and will end up being disabled on Steam/Gamespy at some point.

Problem solved, got my key. Thanks to everyone at BI, especially Placebo, for the support. :)

Just really sorry it took so long, can't apologise enough for that, probably no consolation but we're learning lots of lessons from this launch, some good stuff and some bad stuff :)

Just really sorry it took so long, can't apologise enough for that, probably no consolation but we're learning lots of lessons from this launch, some good stuff and some bad stuff :)

Hey, at least your launch wasn't like SimCity, keep up the good work!