Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Update regarding Store.Bistudio & Arma 3 Steam key distribution

I see your tickets in the support system so I can only suggest you hold on and it will be sorted as soon as possible :)

That means you know I have already bought the game, right?

Okay... All I want to get in the past 20 hours is this sentence. Thanks a lot Placebo. I will wait for my game patiently.

Thanks..

Edited by franking

You should have received a reply now Franking?

@CapitanMalcolm &@Franking I understand your frustration but replying here doesn't help you, email Support@bistudio.com as Johny says above please.

Thanks. I will wait for the response. Thanks for your time. I hope this could be fixed as soon as posible. You know, I still love Bohemia XD

You should have received a reply now Franking?

Yes, just a few minutes ago and I'm now downloading it from steam.

Thanks a lot Placebo, for helping me. Now I can enjoy the Arma3!

Thank you again! Don't what to say, just a lot of thanks.:D

@CapitanMalcolm &@Franking I understand your frustration but replying here doesn't help you, email Support@bistudio.com as Johny says above please.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

That sounds like a really good idea TBH.

Something like this for example: http://www.queue-it.com/retail

How does Queue-it work?

The virtual queue system transfers excess users to the Queue-it solution, as soon as they enter the transaction overloaded website. Users are held at the Queue-it solution, until they can be redirected back to the original site in volumes, which can be handled without disrupting site performance.

Queue-it is a SaaS (Software as a Service) cloud computing based software solution. This means that an infinite number of simultaneous users can be held at Queue-it, without overloading the site.

However, I have no idea how these things operate in reality, but the idea sounds interesting.

I'm currently an ARMA2/OA user and thought I would get the Supporter edition.

Tried all day yesterday and then at about 2am I finally managed to register on the BIS Store, as it was still giving page not found messages I decided not to bother with the order and do it when it became more stable.

Today when I try and login it tells me there is no record of my account or password.

Also if I use the link in the confirmation email it tells me the account may have expired and to re-register.

If I try to re-register it tells me an email for that address already exists.

If I try resend password it goes on about some stupid token.

Any clue as to what's going on?

It's been a really long time and I still haven't received any keys, nor any kind of update regarding my support e-mails. I purchased the Supporter Edition roughly an hour and 20 minutes after the store opened and started selling Arma 3. I paid via CC and I was able to punch in my details and I began to start processing the actual payment. After this the site died on me once again. I checked my bank transaction history online and I could see that the money for the Supporter Edition was indeed deducted and sent to Bohemia.

I understand that these things happen and I'm trying to be patient, but I'm becoming really impatient at this point. I've made two support ticket claims, one from Bohemia's website and I've sent an e-mail directly to support@bistudio.

I would just buy the game on Steam at this point but the money I put aside for Arma 3 is out of my bank account now.

Open tickets by emailing Support@bistudio.com as above please, unfortunately the forums are only for information about the store not for support issues related to the store.

Thanks. I received my key pretty fast after reporting the issue via email. Good work.

Thanks. I received my key pretty fast after reporting the issue via email. Good work.

Not my case :(

Congratulatios for your key, enjoy the game! I will, soon I hope :j:

Open tickets by emailing Support@bistudio.com as above please, unfortunately the forums are only for information about the store not for support issues related to the store.

Well I've done that twice already. It's approaching 24 hours since I bought the game so I thought I would try ask here and see if anyone could assist me. I suppose I'll just keep those tickets going and going until someone actually looks at it.

We have staff processing the tickets from >age and we have staff processing tickets from <age, so somewhere in the middle they will meet and all will be processed, I can certainly check to make sure you have tickets on the system if that's a concern (just PM me with your email address) but besides that all I can do is again say how sorry we are for the situation and ask that you remain patient (not easy to do when you've spent your hard earned money on something you don't have of course).

Edit: I checked both of your email addresses and I see multiple tickets for each so there's really no reason they won't be processed soon, just hold on a bit longer!

Steam has had this functionality for years. You pre-order the ... well, pre-order in this case, and you allow DL of e.g. everything but the .exe 3-4 days before launch. On the launch-day you make the .exe available too. Or you could just hand out the .exe and hold back the keys/auth to run the game. That way, on launch, you have e.g. 50k users DLing one small file and 20k DLing the full game, instead of 70k ordering and DLing 8GB. Might be something to consider for DayZ.

We have staff processing the tickets from >age and we have staff processing tickets from <age, so somewhere in the middle they will meet and all will be processed, I can certainly check to make sure you have tickets on the system if that's a concern (just PM me with your email address) but besides that all I can do is again say how sorry we are for the situation and ask that you remain patient (not easy to do when you've spent your hard earned money on something you don't have of course).

Edit: I checked both of your email addresses and I see multiple tickets for each so there's really no reason they won't be processed soon, just hold on a bit longer!

Great to see Bohemia are looking after their fans :) I've attempted to purchase the supporters edition a few times this morning (and submitted a case via the Store website), thanks for helping everyone out and I hope this small blip in the process doesn't affect you guys too much!! Keep up the good work! :D

Steam has had this functionality for years. You pre-order the ... well, pre-order in this case, and you allow DL of e.g. everything but the .exe 3-4 days before launch. On the launch-day you make the .exe available too. Or you could just hand out the .exe and hold back the keys/auth to run the game. That way, on launch, you have e.g. 50k users DLing one small file and 20k DLing the full game, instead of 70k ordering and DLing 8GB. Might be something to consider for DayZ.

The problem wasn't the Downloading of the game, the problem was the BI store overloaded by visitors.

However, I noticed that the BI store is still running Joomla... That's known to be a inefficient piece of **** You could save a lot of resources by putting the whole purchace system on a different server without a bloated CMS. But I'm sure you've got some plans for next time ;)

On a positive note, when the store re-opened yesterday (I didn't get trough during the day) , I was able to go trough the whole process very smoothly, and I was playing the game within 20 min!. Even when there was so much demand, I got 11Mbps from Steam.

The old sprocket downloader and "installer" would never managed to do this.

No luck in the morning. Sent email. Again. arma3please@gmail.com some things ive had to do

make new bistore account because it refused to show me the 91.99 price and i wantted to pay full price ~that was fixed earlier this morning

make sacrifices to Odin

make numerous trips to store to buy cards.

make paypal account, link paypal account to bank, link card to paypal, link phone via text message to paypal, Fail paypal phone verification because they do not recognize my number. ... :smash:

im about to ask strangers on the street/ internet to buy the game for me so i can play.

Edited by Masharra

I did eventually get my token to reset my password, 10-15 mins delay

It didn't work as it tells me it's invalid.

I've opened a ticket, I'll have to see what it brings.

Funny thing is, i bought the game 24 hours ago, i have nothing. A friend of mine bought it later this day, he's already playing... D:

That's so unfair :/

BUT i'll wait paitently. I have already waited 8 month for the Alpha, some more hours won't make any difference.

:S

I finally have it sorted, last night I could login into the store using email address instead of user name.

Today it accepts user name as my user name and not my email address but only after resetting password and using my user name and not email address to reset it .

I think last night it couldn't find my details on the forum as I couldn't access my password or user name either.

All paid for now and serial key was in email.

I won't install until tonight as I have a slow connection.

Not my case :(

Congratulatios for your key, enjoy the game! I will, soon I hope :j:

Well I've done that twice already. It's approaching 24 hours since I bought the game so I thought I would try ask here and see if anyone could assist me. I suppose I'll just keep those tickets going and going until someone actually looks at it.

You should both have received your ordered items now?

Some people want to buy Supporter edition but didn't buy it because technical problems. In the end they buy normal edition on steam.

For such case you should get on market some sort of Supporter expansion pack what will create 25€ ArmA3 Alpha + 45€ Supporter expansion pack.

This way you will eliminate any problem created by technical issues and everyone will be happy. No one loosing everyone is winning this way.

Some people want to buy Supporter edition but didn't buy it because technical problems. In the end they buy normal edition on steam.

For such case you should get on market some sort of Supporter expansion pack what will create 25€ ArmA3 Alpha + 45€ Supporter expansion pack.

This way you will eliminate any problem created by technical issues and everyone will be happy. No one loosing everyone is winning this way.

I wanted to buy from store.bistudio.com as well because they receive a larger % of revenue if it's bought directly from the store. When I got home, 8 hours after release, the store was still down, so unfortunately I had to go to Steam to buy Arma 3.

I have purchased A3 yesterday at 23.00 MEZ and didn't recieved anything except the confirmation of Paypal that they got my money.

I wrote to the support, but they still didnt answered I dont even know if Bohemia knows that i have purchased A3 because its not in the "my games" list on the store website.

It's been more than 24 hours since money was taken from my card. No emails confirming my order nor any reply from support. Should I simply make a new order?

I'm trying to login to Bis store, but I cannot login for the life of me, i put my email address in for the username, and the do my PW but it says invalid,

so I press the button for "Lost password?", I get the email and then put the token in and I get:

Your password reset confirmation failed because the token was invalid..

what?! I tried this like 3-4 times already, I mean i copy n paste the token from my e-mail to the space, I even typed it in but that didn't even work.

So is the store not working yet or am I just doing something wrong?

Its been since October i bought from BIS store and I had no issues then.