Sign in to follow this  
Neus

Auto detect settings - it's thinking too high of my rig

When I first got into the game I went straight for the editor so I could sort out my vid settings and get a good stable FPS. I noticed that in the vid settings there is an auto detect system where presumably the engine detects your settings and selects the settings that should support your rig.

Well, I did this and it recommended very high. But I get reallllly bad FPS, so I've had to lower that to high. And I still don't get a stable 30 FPS everywhere...

Now I know its alpha before you say. But has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me?

Auto detect over-rates my rig too, resulting in 20-30fps but with a few tweaks here and there I can have very high with around 60fps, ultra seems out of the question but auto detect didn't think so :P

I have only spent 20 mins having a look around so far and wont get a proper chance until a little later, but so far I like what I am seeing, give or take the lollipop looking distant trees, mind you I have not played with the settings much either.

And I think high looks good, I can't imagine what ultra looks like! Thanks for the reply anyway, it kinda sucks but hey no. I'll report it

At least you can play it, some others can't get further then a black screen :)

At least you can play it, some others can't get further then a black screen :)

Hopefully that will get sorted pretty soon, such is life I guess. :(

Today has been a bad day for some fan's but by the looks of the state of the servers still, a very profitable day for BIS.