Sign in to follow this  
mordeaniischaos

Anyone else struggling to complete the Infantry Showcase?

I keep getting killed by guys standing completely out of my line of site behind trees and crap. I can't see a single pixel of him but he's shooting accurately at me. Anyone else having issues? I'm playing with all the HUD crap turned off, so I'm sure that's a big part of it. Really disappointed in this. The AI doesn't seem that much better this time around, other than not having perfect first shot aim.

And my team mates keep dying as well, before I can even get half way down the damn valley.

I think I'm just having trouble spotting guys, it feels like the HDR stuff is (as it often does) making things a bit hard to see, making everything dark because I happen to see the sky. Kind of frustrating so far.

I keep getting killed by guys standing completely out of my line of site behind trees and crap. I can't see a single pixel of him but he's shooting accurately at me..

Sounds like Arma 2. :)

Not sure how it works in Arma 3, but in previous arma games, you could edit the AI skill and precision.

Best regards

it feels like the HDR stuff is (as it often does) making things a bit hard to see, making everything dark because I happen to see the sky. Kind of frustrating so far.

Are you sure you didn't boot up ArmA2? Its infinitely better in ArmA3. :p

i solved it after the fith try.

run to the rocks use the stances give your buddys fire safety and kill the enemies on the hill with nade launcher.. then in the village kill the enemies and then to the hill and kill the spotters, run finished . its not that hard really..

i have already solved all mission only helicopter i am still trying ;)

Sounds like Arma 2. :)

No it doesn't. The vast majority of foliage in ArmA 2 was opaque too AI, almost too much so.

If they have left viewblock out of some trees this time and don't fix it before release though, god help them...

i solved it after the fith try.

run to the rocks use the stances give your buddys fire safety and kill the enemies on the hill with nade launcher.. then in the village kill the enemies and then to the hill and kill the spotters, run finished . its not that hard really..

i have already solved all mission only helicopter i am still trying ;)

Got an ass-kicking on my first try as well. On Regular difficulty!

AI definitely engage in a more aggressive manner this time around, I'll try to get it done with AI set to 87%. :icon_twisted:

Regular difficulty, ignore your team, rush in and killed them all. The mortar team waited for me to get close and took ages to even think about shooting me, 50ft then I took them out.

ArmA III is hard, just like AII. No surprise here, I've got killed from out of nowhere a few times, too. I'd make a few adjustments, but it's more or less fine.

North side, hill to your right if you're facing the village as you go through that valley.

:)

You mean the spotter team?

On side note was trying to get behind (higher elevation) the pair but they spotted me as I was just about to get behind my snipe rock. Pinned down I wasn't sure where and how they were moving as they were laying heavy fire until the GPS came up and I could see how they were both flanking my two sides and that allowed me to react properly and get the kills.

Just one of those "nice" moments :)

A red dot sight isn't helping much when your targets are 500 or more meters away. :P

Agree to that!! And I love the fact how hard it is to hit someone far away (eventhough they're in your cross), feels more realistic.

I didn't find that mission so difficult (I recorded my first attempt

). Actually, I didn't help my team much, I just tried to flank the enemy while they were shooting to my team.

I do find that the AI can see and fire from a stupidly far distance... sometime im dead before i even get chance to zoom in on them to fire at range.. the AI is jsut super accuracte on regular.. still I like the fact that the AI are quite hard to kill.. they do need to be tweaked a bit tho.

Remember that you're facing highly trained soldiers, it's their job to be able to kill you from such a distance, no?

Remember that you're facing highly trained soldiers, it's their job to be able to kill you from such a distance, no?

You would have to be a bloodt good marksman to be able to kill from the distance they can :) I guess the issue i have is that they always see you and get the first shots off, even if im sneaking around someitmes its next to impossible to see them at that distance..

Ill get some more testing in tonight as i only played for like an hour ding different things.

Go here C:\Users\*your name*\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\*your profile name* and open your profile i.e. OrdeaL.Arma3AlphaProfile

and find precisionFriendly=0.74999989;

precisionEnemy=0.68000003;

and change to precisionFriendly=0.3;

precisionEnemy=0.3

and have fun with decent ai, that doesnt aim bot

Go here C:\Users\*your name*\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\*your profile name* and open your profile i.e. OrdeaL.Arma3AlphaProfile

precisionEnemy=0.3

A great way to solve some of the issue, but the avg user isn't going to know about this unless told upfront about this, or they'll see it and get confused or feel intimidated on making such changes that dont involve sliders/drop down selections etc.

The getting spotted through thick tree canopy, and dense foliage is still an issue though. I've been messing around in the editor starting my player on a hill with dense brush/trees 500m away vs an opfor marksman at default skill, and as I'm crawling even in the open I dont get spotted, but if I move to quickly either they have super good hearing or can see through foliage/canopy as I get spotted and engaged from anywhere between 500-300m. It's not as bad as previous ARMA's but it's still an issue, if you cant see your enemy, logically either it's sound or some xray vision that tips them off, if indeed there is no more issues with being spotted through such obstructions.

If the AI is seeing through trees and bushes, this is a NEW bug, not an old one, and we should be screaming our heads off about it.

A2 OA AI do not have Xray vision. That's just what people say when they suck at the game.

Seriously, so far I think that we just need to be more careful. I failed few times and told myself "You really need to use cover more efficiently." I started to go prone more, use the tilt keys more, run faster between covers ... and everything went well. Keep in mind you are facing a refurbished AI. You might not see them, but they see you if you are standing in the middle of the trail. I engaged more soldiers hiding behind rock than any other version of OFP/Arma. So technically, if they are far behind a rock, you will not see them ...but they will see you if you are not using coverage.

After realizing this ... things went well. We just need to be more careful and use cover wisely.

If the AI is seeing through trees and bushes, this is a NEW bug, not an old one, and we should be screaming our heads off about it.

A2 OA AI do not have Xray vision. That's just what people say when they suck at the game.

Dude...ya know, I'm just not gonna try to explain how ignorant your statement is, especially when there's and editor to perform these tests.

precisionEnemy=0.3

The precision settings were disabled in an older ArmA2 patch, and the setting is now tied to the aiskill. I assume it is the same in ArmA3, though I haven't tested it.

@RECLUSIVE7

Maturin is

, and it has been like this since OFP.

The precision settings were disabled in an older ArmA2 patch, and the setting is now tied to the aiskill. I assume it is the same in ArmA3, though I haven't tested it.

@RECLUSIVE7

Maturin is

, and it has been like this since OFP.

place an AI in idk, Camp Rogain, default skill, now spawn yourself outside the hesco perimeter, once the AI is aware of you, you can creep from side to side in 3rd person and the AI aims in your direction regardless of where you move...Me and a clanmate did this last night, I guess I need to do a youtube video, because the AI tracks me the whole time, doesnt mean he "sees" me, but the AI is constantly aware of where I am even when the AI's vision is obscured by solid surfaces. Maybe we're misunderstanding eachother. And maybe the OP is seeing tracers fly through the canopy in his/her general direction(though sometimes really really close) makes it seem like the AI is seeing you through foliage, but there is no doubt the AI has some Spidey Senses.