Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Ups and downs with Bohemia

I think many feel like me today. Remembering when I was downloading the OFP demo on my old modem and today felt just as exciting. 12 years later since OFP and I still love BIS and their games, I've also got a job and can afford to pay extra to my favorite publishers by buying support version.

It was a day to remember and it will be, sadly for the wrong reasons.

The money is gone, the game haven't arrived but what really brought me down was something else.

The feeling that BIS and the mods think that all I care of is a name in the credits...

All these years of hours and hours to make addons for the community and myself, all those hours playing .. and then to be treated like someone who wants to buy their way into the credits, I find it offensive to know that BI don't think higher of their community than that.

I wanted to support you, thats it.

Any relationship has its up's and down's, so I look forward and hope our relationship will continue to be a happy one, but today BIS, you have hurt my feelings.

Signed mate..

I just feel they asked us to support them, we have in our droves..

Now it feels because they haven't even officially mentioned the problems on here, and are actively closing threads on the matter that they don't care..

I agree, servers and store work to take money from us but dont send or work mail, key for downloads supported version, that, only sell in your store. Less youtube videos show game and more support for people what pay for something, the names in credits dont care, we want the game, like people buy in steam.

I made a decision this morning to support BI Studios fully by buying the game from them instead of from STEAM (while they still get money when bought on STEAM, Valve does take a cut).So far I haven't been happy with that decision. I don't care about my name in the credits, I just want to play the game and I don't have a key to do it with.

Guys, don't let this thread become another "I want my key". Stay at granQ's topic: True supporters don't want into the credits.

true_supporters_credits.jpg

Edited by NeoArmageddon

I'm on board. Heck, if I managed to actually get a credit, I'd hand it off to one of the members of the modding community whom I feel has truly supported the franchise through their work. Which, of course, could be pretty much any one of them.

I guess the main problem is, as usual, the lack of communication. Where are the PR people ?

I agree 100%. A few days ago I mentioned that having the potential of having your name in the credits was a bad idea. I believe that's why many people actually bought the supporter edition. They didn't buy it to support BI, they bought it thinking of themselves.

I dont think they only think about the credits, they did go for the wrong words, thats probably all.

Come on, GranQ, you have been here for many many years and been part of some awesome mods. I think they know that their more hardcore fans dont give two shits about being on the credits but to support the game.

I for one wanted to buy the supporter edition just to help them more, they are doing all they can to fix this.

I had something to say but lost it because of the forums being wonky.

I agree with OP, though, the choice of adding this lure makes supporting BI seem like a cheap "achievement" you´d find in other games. I mean, if you want to get in, fine, but I think that the BI Forums community at large is mature enough to be above such vanity.

I for one will get the supporter version, but I will not fill in my name. If anything, I will name somebody else worthy of being mentioned at the end of such a title, rather than my own.

The PR BI is doing recently seems stiff and bureaucratic, as if decisions are being felled on the base of paper analysis and executed to strict timetables. There´s no flexibility and a lot of things are ending up without being covered while they make rounds among the players. I would hope that BI becomes more open in this regard during the process of the Alpha, no matter who bought what version in the end, and that we get a feeling like our participation beyond being paying testers matters and is appreciated, especially in the case of those of us who have held up the community by their work in the past: Mission Makers, Addon Makers, Tool Makers and all those who have helped them.

My two cents.

Edit: And wow do I sound negative again. The prospect of bad weather tomorrow must be weighing on my spirits. :I

Edited by InstaGoat

I am one of those who bought the Supporter edition because I love the series and even bought multiple versions of arma1 and 2, and could not care less about my name in the credit. Nice thing and all but thats not why I pay extra for things I love. But if someone do then hey fine, more money for development.

These things happens and Im not even mad but as stated by more, extra credit things I couldnt care less about but some info on what and why it went wrong and your top men on this so I can play before I have to sleep because I am busy tomorrow so no gaming then and Im going crazy from watching all these streams and not being able to play myself >_<

I agree with the OP.

I have the day off tomorrow and cant play the game this night, sucks :(

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I agree with the OP.

I have the day off tomorrow and cant play the game this night, sucks :(

I think you hurt your own feelings, we all knew this would be a chaotic day and who will even care about the credits tomorrow.

I guess the main problem is, as usual, the lack of communication. Where are the PR people ?

The PR people did their job, now as the problems appear nothing is to see from them of course. Instead they let deal the unpaid moderators with their angry customers who can't do anything at all.

Business as usual @ BI

If by "deal" you mean lock every possible thread regarding BI Store issues then well, i have to agree.

I agree that it's cheesy but this is listed under the supporter version. There are of course other options. After the server hammering has gone away I'll be getting the digital deluxe for myself and a couple of alphas for my teen nephews - support without the cheese.

For the record, I received a mail with my key a few minutes ago. So things are happening.

Complaining about the game not arriving on time I can understand. Complaining about the morality of 'paying for a mention in the credits' I can't. You are free not to pay the extra. Cry me a river.

Moderator out of control will close any threads which contain complaints. You are not allowed to complain about BIS.