Sign in to follow this  
BL1P

Arma3 Alpha crashes when I click play

I dont know what it is thats making it crash it says its the Arma3.exe file so i deleted and forced steam to re download it (thinking i had a buggy exe).

Still had no luck, click play game started (Black screen) Crash Arma3.exe stopped working. Tried in Window mode and as soon as i click play it doesn't even launch it just says It stopped working

So with a little lets call it determination of clicking play over and over again it worked then crashed upon entering a server.

-nobenchmark -winxp fixed the problem for me.

Win7 32-bit, nVidia video card.

worked for me yesterday, but not anymore. how weird is that

Yeah it is strange that it worked yesterday but didn't today.

Try this... run it in windowed mode when it asks, quit and then run it normal. That worked for me, atleast once, hope it keeps working.

I have the same problem.

I managed to temporarily fix it by deleteing the Arma 3 folder in My Documents. It reproduces a new one after you press play next time. I managed to play for an hour or so in multiplayer, then the game crashed again.

It's very strange indeed. The game worked perfect for me the first day, restarted/quit the game several times and it ran flawlessly until I had my first crash after 4-5 hours. After that, the game wouldn't even start anymore.

Remember that your settings will be reset when you do this, so be warned!

Update to latest VGA Drivers and run the Game as Admin. That worked for me.