Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

Can I turn off the snow? Not really a fan of it.

Sure, go to settings and Disable Eastereggs, bit weird though if you still see it, should've ended already, will check.

We've started to phase out the older clients, starting today 1.3 clients should see the upgrade notice,

for full info check it out at: http://withsix.com/upgrade

Honestly I'm not too good at this stuff so for testing I tried turning off both router and windows firewall before starting the program, made no difference. When it starts up it's trying to sync arma 3 and I want to get the whole ironfront conversion going, but havent made it that far yet. My version is 1.9.5.548.11

I dont know if it makes a difference, but I cant find the program in uninstall menu in control panel either. Anyway, I'll mess around some more see if I can figure it out. Dont worry about it too much unless you get some other reports about this same issue, more likely just something weird with my setup

Same issue here (sync takes too long), since the latest version.

Has it improved for you guys in the latest build? (1.9.549.2)

Thank you, that worked.

NP, i've reduced the timespan from 24-27dec now :)

Yes! It's more or less instant now. Thanks for looking into it!

No problem guys, expect continues improvements :)

Please don't hesitate to ring again when anything comes up!

Your finally getting there with this SB-Well Done , keep it up! :cool:

Had to download the latest update to get access to the mod section, it wouldn't come up till I restarted and the update was applied. Seems like if it downloads an update the mod section can't sync and show up.

nHtsq98.jpg

Iron Front in Arma - The easy way

We have worked very hard to reduce the complexity for the Iron Front in Arma setup process as much as possible.

Finally we can present you the result. Learn more at the Play withSIX blog.

I'm not sure... maybe this is already in PWS and I just haven't found it? I'd love it if the news had a separate "update" section for addons too. A recent update to an older addon might be very interesting news and help shake the dust off of some of them :)

I'm not sure... maybe this is already in PWS and I just haven't found it? I'd love it if the news had a separate "update" section for addons too. A recent update to an older addon might be very interesting news and help shake the dust off of some of them :)

Hey Oktyabr,

The update streams for each game include new and updated mods as well as missions.

Some examples:

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/stream

http://play.withsix.com/arma-2/stream

These streams are integrated within the Play withSIX 1.9 clients.

We also post all updates to Twitter: https://twitter.com/SixNetworks

Or did you mean something else?

Cheers

This new version is fantastic! Congratulations guys.

We're proud to present to you the 1.10 version of Play withSIX

2w3qlog.png

Highlights

• Arma 2, Iron Front and Take On Helicopters Mission download and self-publishing support
  • Improved progress reporting for side tasks like installing IronFront in Arma, or folder migrations
  • Overhaul of UI elements to improve usability
  • Performance improvements and fixes
  • Steam MasterQuery cache support for DayZ Standalone
  • Toggleable mods inside collections [incl custom repo optional mods support]

Read the full story at our blog! http://withsix.com/blog/play-withsix-1-10-and-mission-publishing-support-for-arma-2-iron-front-and-take-on-helicopters

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

This new version is fantastic! Congratulations guys.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy this latest version too!

Been using play with six since summer now, thought i would just say thanks.

Really like it, well done Sickboy :rthumb:

Looking better and better with every update, also noticed that the checkboxes have returned. Thank you very much for your work!

After an update today, one of my Collections had totally disappeared, which was rather annoying as it was the one for the server I was about to play on. I tried importing the server profile again but it wouldn't show.

I closed PWS again and when I restarted it there was another update and then my profile showed up but I couldn't play the missions on the server as the briefing screen didn't show properly and so on.

It turned out that it had decided to change @NC into @Dayz_Namalsk, which was rather unhelpful and I couldn't change it because it said the profile was locked. Even if I cloned it I got the same error when trying to edit it, so in the end I had to create a new profile and drag each mod across one by one, except for the incorrect @Dayz_Namalsk one and then add the correct @NC one.

I hope you can look into this and fix it as it's obviously not very user friendly when we setup a server profile to make it easy for users to play on our server and then they can't join because of problems like this.

Apologies for the hassle re Namalsk, we've corrected the problem in the meantime and it should be solved in the next 30 minutes when you restart the software.

(We combined the @NC and @Namalsk iirc a while ago as in the real mod package. But the aliases were set incorrectly, and DayZNamalsk took over)

The issue with the profile temporary disappearing and not coming back until next software update is strange, there was only a color fix in the .9 build.

Is the server in SU set to a specific game, like arma2oaco?

If you could send the logs maybe we can find out what was going on.

Edited by Sickboy

Apologies for the hassle re Namalsk, we've corrected the problem in the meantime and it should be solved in the next 30 minutes when you restart the software.

(We combined the @NC and @Namalsk iirc a while ago as in the real mod package. But the aliases were set incorrectly, and DayZNamalsk took over)

The issue with the profile temporary disappearing and not coming back until next software update is strange, there was only a color fix in the .9 build.

Is the server in SU set to a specific game, like arma2oaco?

If you could send the logs maybe we can find out what was going on.

No worries, it was just a bit frustrating :)

I think you're right about @NC and @Namalsk being combined actually (I vaguely recall some conversations about this), as it appears @Namalsk contains all the files (and more) that @NC does, so I'll double-check there's no good reason why we need to use @NC and remove that from the server profile if not.

I don't see anything in the profile that sets it to a specific game. I had another profile for the same server, same game (A2CO) but with different mods for another night and that didn't disappear, so it's strange that the other one did. I'll try and gather the logs and send them with a report.

Another issue I've just run into is it has thrown up an error and got stuck trying to update a server mod, as I've moved my synq folder from F:\blahblah to D:\blahblah (some time ago) but for the server mod it seems to ignore this and is still trying to use F:\blahblah which doesn't exist anymore. Any easy way to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just deleting the .rsync folder in each of the affected mod's folder has sorted that one out :)

Edited by doveman

K best to set it the server in SU repo manager to arma2oaco game, or whichever game you wish to use.

Regarding the rsync stuff, you can edit the .rsync\config.yml to fix paths :)

Major improvements on publishing mods and updates

Delivering all the mods fast to you is a key focus for us.

That is why we are proud to say that since the last few weeks we've improved our process and added manpower to ramp up the speed a great deal.

In addition we've had lots of support from users who notify and share mods over atgetsatisfaction. So if you notice missing our outdated mods, go there and join the effort!

In the near future mod authors themselves will be able to publish to the network for even faster availability and better presentation.

While mission authors can already start publishing missions right now.

Read on to find out how to keep up with the update streams..

http://withsix.com/blog/major-improvements-on-publishing-mods-and-updates

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Play withSIX 1.12 available now!

We're proud to present to you the 1.12 version of Play withSIX

2qbsk9h.jpg

Highlights

• Added more functionality to custom repositories and their associated collections
  • Improved download reliability
  • Improved library elements and actions
  • New dynamic collection 'Updates', contains all the available updates
  • Save and restore last used server for each collection
  • Support for copying collection content into other collections
  • Support for the latest Iron Front in Arma community patches

Many more exciting changes, be sure to read on..

http://withsix.com/blog/play-withsix-1-12-available-now

Edited by Sickboy

[*]Support for copying collection content into other collections

What does this mean? I've been able to drag mods from one collection to another for a while now and there doesn't seem to be any new functionality in 1.12 to be able to select and drag multiple mods at once. When I tried cloning a Collection yesterday, it took on the Locked status of the original collection, so I couldn't edit the clone either, so has this been fixed perhaps?

Also, what do I need to put in the profile yml to allow users to edit a Collection? Ideally they wouldn't be able to mess with the Required mods but would be able to add others, whereas at the moment only those mods listed in the yml as Optional can be enabled/disabled (but not removed) and we'd like to give players more freedom to choose what additional mods they want to use, without having to list all the possibilities under Optional in the yml.

[*]Support for copying collection content into other collections

What does this mean? I've been able to drag mods from one collection to another for a while now and there doesn't seem to be any new functionality in 1.12 to be able to select and drag multiple mods at once. When I tried cloning a Collection yesterday, it took on the Locked status of the original collection, so I couldn't edit the clone either, so has this been fixed perhaps?

Also, what do I need to put in the profile yml to allow users to edit a Collection? Ideally they wouldn't be able to mess with the Required mods but would be able to add others, whereas at the moment only those mods listed in the yml as Optional can be enabled/disabled (but not removed) and we'd like to give players more freedom to choose what additional mods they want to use, without having to list all the possibilities under Optional in the yml.

Hey dove,

In the full changelog it's more detailed; Drag one collection in the tree on another to copy it's contents into the collection you drop on.

For the future we intend to also have support for adding actual relations between collections so you can have multiple dynamic collections encapsulated in another collection, and it's content will then dynamically change by changes to the collections it contains.

Regarding the server yml, if you use SU Repo Man, you should find a new SU update released today, which will show the "Open" Column, with a checkbox. Check that one to allow users to freely add/remove non required mods.

At the same time I would add the arma2oaco tag to the game column of the server.

In terms of directly editing the server yml:

:open: true
:game: arma2oaco

with the appropriate indentation where needed.

Hope this helps

Edited by Sickboy

Hey dove,

In the full changelog it's more detailed; Drag one collection in the tree on another to copy it's contents into the collection you drop on.

For the future we intend to also have support for adding actual relations between collections so you can have multiple dynamic collections encapsulated in another collection, and it's content will then dynamically change by changes to the collections it contains.

Regarding the server yml, if you use SU Repo Man, you should find a new SU update released today, which will show the "Open" Column, with a checkbox. Check that one to allow users to freely add/remove non required mods.

At the same time I would add the arma2oaco tag to the game column of the server.

In terms of directly editing the server yml:

:open: true
:game: arma2oaco

with the appropriate indentation where needed.

Hope this helps

Thanks Sickboy, I'll try those out. I haven't touched SU in ages and can't even remember how to use it really, so editing the yml directly is easier for me. I've got a batch file which runs SixZync to commit the files after I've editing them but even that's probably not necessary for our particular server as we're not enforcing anything.