Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

There is an option to divert the synq directory to another drive, I have the pws addons on an ssd and the synq files on a hdd. You have to change it for each game in PWS under game settings (mod and synq directories).

@Sickboy, in the Arma 3 repo there are 2 addons that I believe are Arma 2 only and shouldn't be there. CBA for Arma 2 and the Chernobyl Zone island.

Reread my post I'm aware of the .synq option, .synq is great for everything but private repositories which still use .rsync which you can't set the location of since the change over

Reread my post I'm aware of the .synq option, .synq is great for everything but private repositories which still use .rsync which you can't set the location of since the change over

Sorry, didn't understand it the first time. Some suggestions till they address this problem.

Last time I used .rsync repositories was with six-updater but there you could edit the config.yml of each addon and set the path of the .pack. For example you could add:

:pack_path: D:/six_rsync/@example_addon

to the end of config.yml and then move the .pack folder of @example_addon to "D:\six_rsync\@addon\". When you started six-updater it would use the new location for the .pack folder.

But I can't be sure that PWS will recognize the above parameter.

Or you could use junctions for redirecting the .pack folder.

just would like to thank you guys for starting to regularly updating the PWS mods :)

thank you thank you

When i try to remove a mod from my preset it says : "the mod appears not part of the set or is a requierment that cannot be removed"- why is that?

Hi there,

just want o know if the new Repo Manager is already available? I'm not confortable settting up a repo the old way (don't wanna mess our dedicated server).

After the latest update, it's lost all my server favourites, although everything else (Collections, settings) seems to be intact.

(a little overdue, but we released an update at Christmas :-))

As a little treat for the holidays we are releasing version 1.9 of Play withSIX, introducing Game support for DayZ Standalone and Take on Mars.

The Client also now features a game specific update stream. The News feed allows you to stay on top of all releases and updates for missions and modifications, customized for all supported games.

n9a87.png

Read the full story

We've also got support for loading IronFront for ARMA2 and ARMA3, very soon also the full installation/conversion process :)

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

After the latest update, it's lost all my server favourites, although everything else (Collections, settings) seems to be intact.

BETA right? looking into it.

Hi there,

just want o know if the new Repo Manager is already available? I'm not confortable settting up a repo the old way (don't wanna mess our dedicated server).

Few weeks hopefully. Not sure how you'd mess up your deddy with the old though..

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Apologies there, there was an issue in one of the latest betas (serialization can be nasty..), solved for latest beta, but recovering lost favs is harder, perhaps through some of backups made automatically during upgrades?

We're planning to provide cloud storage optionally soon which could help and at least makes settings shareable across machines when desired,

ramping up local backups seems a bit overkill.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the release.

Some problems I encountered.

DayZ and Take on Mars are not detected automatically. After manually giving the path for both of them, DayZ is detected but not Take on Mars. PWS looks for a takeonmars.exe but the executable is tkom.exe.

The Iron Front - Arma 3 collection doesn't launch correctly the mod. I get some onscreen script errors and skeleton problems with the soldiers.

If I make a manual collection with @AllInArma;@CBA_A3;@IF;@IF_other_addons;@IFA3;ifa3m it works.

Custom Collection parfile

-mod=D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@LIB_DLC_1;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@IF_Other_Addons;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@IF;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@cba_a3;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@IFA3;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ifa3m;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\ProductDummies;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARMA Gold;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARMA Gold\DBE1;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\A1Dummies;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Take On Helicopters;D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\Core;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\PostA3

PWS Collection parfile

-mod=D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@LIB_DLC_1;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@IF_Other_Addons;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@IF;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@cba_a3;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\ProductDummies;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARMA Gold;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARMA Gold\DBE1;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\A1Dummies;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Take On Helicopters;D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\Core;D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@IFA3M;D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\six\@allinarma\PostA3

--------------------------------------------------------

Update:

PWS Beta 1.9.546.2 applied.

Take on Mars is correctly recognized and launched.

The PWS Iron Front - Arma 3 collection is working for me now. No more script popup errors and skeleton problems with the characters.

I can't test if 1st time PWS launch autodetection for DayZ and TKOM works as I already have manually set the game directories and don't know how to reset them.

Thank you for your work. :)

Edited by TonyGrunt

Thanks for the release.

Some problems I encountered.

DayZ and Take on Mars are not detected automatically. After manually giving the path for both of them, DayZ is detected but not Take on Mars. PWS looks for a takeonmars.exe but the executable is tkom.exe.

The Iron Front - Arma 3 collection doesn't launch correctly the mod. I get some onscreen script errors and skeleton problems with the soldiers.

If I make a manual collection with @AllInArma;@CBA_A3;@IF;@IF_other_addons;@IFA3;ifa3m it works.

Custom Collection parfile...

Thanks for the headsup!

Re detection; we did not yet support custom game installation folders wrt to Steam, were these games installed elsewhere than the default Steam\SteamApps\Common?

As of the latest beta we now support detecting alternative installation directories.

We've also fixed the TKOM.exe, and the IFA3 issue (which should've been caused by installing @IFA3 to the Mod installation path, instead of the Game path (as per IFA guide).

Should appear on stable channel soon as well.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Update:PWS Beta 1.9.546.2 applied...
Damn time machine!! ;)

Glad to hear, NP!

I can't test if 1st time PWS launch autodetection for DayZ and TKOM works as I already have manually set the game directories and don't know how to reset them.
You could empty the fields and then tab away from them to reset them iirc :) Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the headsup!

Re detection; we did not yet support custom game installation folders wrt to Steam, were these games installed elsewhere than the default Steam\SteamApps\Common?

As of the latest beta we now support detecting alternative installation directories.

I use a custom directory in each game folder named SIX for PWS addons.

Still use my non steam version for Arma2/Arma2OA, all other games use different steam libraries (d:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common,f:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common,h:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common)

You could empty the fields and then tab away from them to reset them iirc :)

Autodetection works for the just released Beta 1.9.546.7. (didn't seem to work with empty directories with Beta 1.9.546.2)

Now if I tab away with an empty field it automatically fills it.

Hi Sickboy, nice to see the ongoing development, and congrats on the whole IFA thing!

I do have a small issue with managing my mods in PwS though:

It is somewhat difficult to manage several presets and to populate them with mods from another preset. IE I doubleclick a preset to select it, it is activated (shown on the left in the mod/preset field), and then I dclick a mod in a repository (e.g. ASR_AI from Robalo's dev repo) to add it to my (still shown as selected) preset. What I presume would happen (the dclicked mod gets added to my own preset) does not happen. Instead, the mod is now selected. Same with adding a mod from one preset to another preset. Instead of adding it to the selected preset, it just selects the mod as a new "temporary" preset. I can still do a workaround by drag'n'drop, but this is a bit unintuitive and harder with several mods.

I hope I am explaining it clearly. It would make more sense to me, when I have a preset activated on the left (by dclicking it), that any mod I dclick whetever I dclick it (be it from another preset, another repo, etc) would get added to the active preset.

It is another one of these UI quirks - perhaps it's by design, but it does cause some user frustration (at least in me :) ).

tl;dr repro:

1) activate preset (doubleclick it)

2) select another preset or private repo to see its mods

3) doubleclick a mod from the above

EXPECTED:

4) above mod gets added to still active preset 1

HAPPENS:

4) above mod gets activated or the whole repo where it is from gets activated instead of preset 1

Thanks for considering it.

Hi fraczek, thanks,

I see what you mean. Currently the collection management indeed requires either using drag and drop, or using the "Add" button.

Double click as it curently stands is activating an item for usage, as such the result you are observing.

We're currently preparing to bring the collection management to the next level, including sharing capabilities, please stay tuned coming weeks :)

In the meantime will at least investigate if we can aleviate some of the current shortcomings.

The 1.6.0.97057 Beta patch for TKOH seems to at least in Steam not be needed as the Steam version is 1.6.0.97057, executables are the same between the PWS served beta and steam. I think the beta patch was a hotfix and it might have silently incorporated with the latest patch.

And sorry for suggesting removing Chernobyl Zone island from the Arma 3 PWS addons, it's compatible with it, please reinstate it.

Hi fraczek, thanks,

I see what you mean. Currently the collection management indeed requires either using drag and drop, or using the "Add" button.

Double click as it curently stands is activating an item for usage, as such the result you are observing.

We're currently preparing to bring the collection management to the next level, including sharing capabilities, please stay tuned coming weeks :)

In the meantime will at least investigate if we can aleviate some of the current shortcomings.

Thanks! I wouldn't mind using the "Add" button, but there is a small quirk with that when I have one of my presets activated, and I browse a custom repo (e.g. above mentioned Robalo's for his dev versions of ASR), the mods there (IIRC) don't allow even using the Add to button (not writing this from my PC so can't test properly ATM). But I am quite content with drag n drop, it just took me a while to figure it out :)

BTW, since it's just few days ahead, happy new year to you and all PWS crew!

Does anyone have a setup guide for PWS + ARMA3 + IF, all purchased from Steam? I'm stumped.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

SOLVED!

IF v1.65

Arma 2 v1.11

Arma 2 OA v1.62

Arma 2 CO v1.62

Arma 3 v1.80 (stable)

IF standalone and DLC work perfectly, ran as standalone.

I downloaded, installed and ran the IF>Arma2 mod conversion tool. No errors.

Downloaded IF Arma 1.05->1.06 community patch and installed it. Same with the DLC patch. No errors.

Fired up PWS, switched games to A2, made sure the @IF mod worked. Fine!

Switched back to A3, made a "collection" in PWS of CBA_A3, All in Arma, and IFA3.

Started game, all works well!

@oktyabr;

The latest builds support Conversion and Patching also.

These are indeed the requirements:

IF v1.65

Arma 2 v1.11

Arma 2 OA v1.62

Arma 2 CO v1.62

Arma 3 v1.80 (stable)

then just launch PwS, Mods -> Featured -> Iron Front ARMA 2 (or 3) -> Launch :)

PwS will do Conversion of game, optionally DLC, community game patch, and optionally community dlc patch, etc :)

@Sickboy I really enjoy both play with six and six updater but unfortunately I'm unable to get a custom repository I've sat up. All the addons download even a custom mod folder that I've put a lot of community mods together in. But what's troubling me is when I go and launch the game I get an error: "Out of memory (requested - 2010168 KB), footprint 1500708864 KB, pages 16384 KB" But as soon as I delete the custom mod folder everything works. Is there some sort of explanation or work around for this to work. The custom mod folder has a folder called addons with about 12 pbo files and then another folder named keys with the keys that the mods come with, and then the .rsync folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'll keep tinkering around with this and hopefully figure it out, but I've been working on these for a couple of days now.

@Sickboy I really enjoy both play with six and six updater but unfortunately I'm unable to get a custom repository I've sat up. All the addons download even a custom mod folder that I've put a lot of community mods together in. But what's troubling me is when I go and launch the game I get an error: "Out of memory (requested - 2010168 KB), footprint 1500708864 KB, pages 16384 KB" But as soon as I delete the custom mod folder everything works. Is there some sort of explanation or work around for this to work. The custom mod folder has a folder called addons with about 12 pbo files and then another folder named keys with the keys that the mods come with, and then the .rsync folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'll keep tinkering around with this and hopefully figure it out, but I've been working on these for a couple of days now.

Hey mate, the problem could be related to a broken/corrupted addon, you can try deleting one addon at a time to see when the error goes away, then replace/figure out what's going on with that addon, perhaps redownload it from source and put it again on your repo.

Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Iron Front in ARMA support further improved!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2589761#post2589761

Ok, thanks, when I do this do I need to include the .rsync folder that each of these downloads have. What I've done is download a few addons from six updater and am trying to place them all in one folder so that way my friends don't get overloaded with a lot of addon folders in their ArmA 2 OA directory.

Ok, thanks, when I do this do I need to include the .rsync folder that each of these downloads have. What I've done is download a few addons from six updater and am trying to place them all in one folder so that way my friends don't get overloaded with a lot of addon folders in their ArmA 2 OA directory.
PwS installs mods by default to the My Documents folder, so the game folder doesn't get overflooded.

Many, specific and targeted modfolders is a great practice, trumps the old practice of huge messy combined mod folders that are hard to update, or mix :) (somehow you always end up with duplicate, old addons, overriding new ones elsewhere, wrecking havoc ;-))

Also you'd barely needs to visit the game or mod installation folder if our software does it's job correctly ;-) (if it doesn't, we gladly hear about it)

But, take this only as recommendation :)

Custom repositories don't necessairly need to host mods, configuration is powerful by itself, while you can still leverage the (free and) numerous bandwidth available from the official network ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

When I launch play withsix, syncing is taking forever. Seems about 10 mins+ until launch game button appears. However clicking launch game doesnt seem to do anything but gray out the button. Is anyone else having this problem or is something weird on my end?

When I launch play withsix, syncing is taking forever. Seems about 10 mins+ until launch game button appears. However clicking launch game doesnt seem to do anything but gray out the button. Is anyone else having this problem or is something weird on my end?
wow that sounds crazy. What game and Mod ? Also what version of the Application? (Settings -> About).

thanks.

Is PwS and all related utilities allowed in the firewall?

Edited by Sickboy

Honestly I'm not too good at this stuff so for testing I tried turning off both router and windows firewall before starting the program, made no difference. When it starts up it's trying to sync arma 3 and I want to get the whole ironfront conversion going, but havent made it that far yet. My version is 1.9.5.548.11

I dont know if it makes a difference, but I cant find the program in uninstall menu in control panel either. Anyway, I'll mess around some more see if I can figure it out. Dont worry about it too much unless you get some other reports about this same issue, more likely just something weird with my setup