Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

~S~

Quick question.

I follow the mods on Armaholic and see every time a mod get an update. But when I open my PWS it´s still the old version of the mod and it can be that for days before an update. So my question is. Do you manually update the mods or do you have a system, or going to make one, that will do it automatic in the future, when a mod gets an update?

Cheers

Hello guys. This softwre is compatible with latest ARMA 3 version?

Yes, it is, at least I'm using it with Arma3 v1.04 and no issues.

It indeed is :) but if you're having issues please let us know. Preferably over at our support page

~S~

Quick question.

I follow the mods on Armaholic and see every time a mod get an update. But when I open my PWS it´s still the old version of the mod and it can be that for days before an update. So my question is. Do you manually update the mods or do you have a system, or going to make one, that will do it automatic in the future, when a mod gets an update?

Cheers

Currently only Sickboy checks or gets notified here and updates the mod to our network.

We are working on improvements, first the rest of our team will get access and in a few weeks mod authors can update their own content with some smart tools. The remaining mods will still be updated by our team but should be a lot less after a while. We lacked a bit behind in the last months taking a bit too many projects on our plate, especially Patrick (Sickboy) and noted that this should be our major focus point the coming weeks, quickly getting back on track and keeping up-to-date much better.

But although we will be working as hard as we can and time will allow us, if you notice a mod missing or not being updated yet, do notify us here please

Edited by ParaGraphic L

Thanks ParaGraphic L for the answer. I have bookmarked the page. will make my post there in the future for updating mods.

I understand and respect, that it can´t be done right away and I appreciates that you are doing. Hopefully it will be sorted out in the future so it will become more easy for your team as well and can spent time on other stuff.

Thanks for doing this.

Quick question, have searched without much success, if I download withsix and the various mod's, is it possible to turn them off.. say if I wish to play on a non-mod server???

Thanks in advance.

I think that the public should be able to update the mods, add-ons themselves not just the developers.

if someone stumbles across an outdated mod they can update it themselves.. bishh bash boshh...

otherwise it takes a whole week almost to update something.

Quick question, have searched without much success, if I download withsix and the various mod's, is it possible to turn them off.. say if I wish to play on a non-mod server???

Thanks in advance.

Of course!

You can use your own presets, the server's one or none.

Feature request: "Show in Explorer" option when a mod is selected, mainly to edit options such as userconfig with less clicks.

Edited by Smurf

I think that the public should be able to update the mods, add-ons themselves not just the developers.

if someone stumbles across an outdated mod they can update it themselves.. bishh bash boshh...

otherwise it takes a whole week almost to update something.

Strongly disagree. I trust Sickboy and the designers of the mods I use. If anyone could alter the content freely that I download from PWS who knows what malicious program's, viruses etc could be uploaded.

The system from six updater worked, and once the dev team have set up automated updates via regular mod contributors and get up to speed updating mods themselves when they have finished getting the core application and new repo management sorted, mod updates will be pretty synced with when you read about an update on these forums or on Armaholics.

I have an issue opening PWS. It worked great untill a few days ago. I have made a shortcut from the folder to my desktop. When I click it, the big blue 6-icon appears, then the program minimizes to the tool bar, but I am unable to maximize it.

Right-clicking the icon on the tool bar allows me to see the menu with the collections I've made earlier, but they won't start A3. Starting PWS directly from the .exe-file in the folder as Admin doesn't help. Neither did a reinstall (however, the collections were still present after the reinstall...)

I use Steam. When I start A3 through Steam, a semi-transperant 6-icon appears on the tool bar, but the game starts and runs flawlessly.

My comp also runs a dedi server, using the Tophe-tool. This hasn't caused issues in the past. Win7pro is my OS.

So... Time to call Ghostbusters? :)

@Sickboy:

Is there a way to import a present from Six Updater to withSix ?

Can anyone provide me a link to version 1.3 PWS? the one before it took a major change at v1.5.

I know this thread is for ArmA 3, but I use PWS for ArmA 2 only and I recently updated from 1.3 to 1.7, and I'm disliking this new layout and how everything works. It lost all it's organization in mods, deleted all my modsets, forces me to "synq" which makes me redownload 53.6 gb of mods, which I'm not going to do. I can't even launch my game anymore, and I refuse to use any other launchers.

All I want back is Play withSIX 1.3, if anyone can give me a link for the old installer, that would be much appreciated.

Can anyone provide me a link to version 1.3 PWS? the one before it took a major change at v1.5.

I know this thread is for ArmA 3, but I use PWS for ArmA 2 only and I recently updated from 1.3 to 1.7, and I'm disliking this new layout and how everything works. It lost all it's organization in mods, deleted all my modsets, forces me to "synq" which makes me redownload 53.6 gb of mods, which I'm not going to do. I can't even launch my game anymore, and I refuse to use any other launchers.

All I want back is Play withSIX 1.3, if anyone can give me a link for the old installer, that would be much appreciated.

Hi, modsets should be migrated on first start, it should import the old settings of 1.3, unless you used a 1.5/1.6 beta before which did not yet have settings migration built in.

In that case, closing PwS, removing the SIX Networks\Play withSIX folders from C:\users\{username}\appdata under both Local and Roaming, and then starting PwS should fix it.

If it still doesn't work, best create a GSFN topic and include the log files, as we might have a bug on our hands.

With regards to Synq; if you have configured the Game/Mod installation paths the same as before, then there's nothing going to be redownloaded,

instead there will be a conversion and verification process, with no to very minimal download use. I'll see if we can maybe make that a bit clearer.

Regarding mod library design we'd love to hear feedback to improve it.

It would be great if you could bring back those checkboxes from 1.3, for quick enabling/disabling of the mods, without needing to remove them from the set.

awond3.jpg

We are extremely delighted to introduce our first steps into self-publishing with mission support for the withSIX platform.

Available now at withsix.com and if you are subscribed to the beta channel in the Play withSIX 1.8 client.

The highlights

• Kick-off with Arma 3 support
  • Mission publishing from our website, Play withSIX client and within the game
  • Specify the mod dependencies of your mission - users can then jump right into the action without any search for mods, unpacking, installing and hoping for the best.
  • Enhance your mission page with a description, a nice feature overview, promotional media (videos and images) and tags
  • Automated mission.pbo analysis

Here is a great example of one of the missions already being published:

2ef5j0i.jpg

Check out all the details in our blog post and learn how you can easily publish your own missions in a matter of minutes.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

It would be great if you could bring back those checkboxes from 1.3, for quick enabling/disabling of the mods, without needing to remove them from the set.

ParagraphicL has prepared the designs for it, we'll look at bringing back the functionality soon!

Edited by Sickboy

self publishing mods? so people can manually update them instead of requesting them to be updated?

First we will further improve the missions, but yeah after that we are going to support mods too. And the ones updating them are ofcourse the mod authors, no one can just update someone else's mod.

to whom it may concern,

do you guys need help with keeping the addons up to date?

i really wouldnt mind helping out as im sure everyone would love instant updates as soon as they are released.

not 1-2 weeks later :/

im just saying id help if the opportunity is there.

ive subscribed to the addon request thread and its been going mental the passed few days with requests... the longer you leave it the more tedious its gonna get when you come to update

i also suggest making an addon request thread here on the games official forums!

lots more efficiant and easier to use. it takes me ages to find the request thread, i have to use google to find the bloody thing.

its hard to navigate to...

Edited by tyl3r99
addition to post

to whom it may concern,

do you guys need help with keeping the addons up to date?

i really wouldnt mind helping out as im sure everyone would love instant updates as soon as they are released.

not 1-2 weeks later :/

im just saying id help if the opportunity is there.

ive subscribed to the addon request thread and its been going mental the passed few days with requests... the longer you leave it the more tedious its gonna get when you come to update

I can understand it is frustrating but we have replied already on multiple occasions now that we are working on it, incl details.

Also as announced the Mission Publishing, recently released, is a stepping stone towards authors being able to manage their own mod content as well.

Thanks for the offer but there's no way currently. In the meantime we're streamlining to share the process within the team.

We ask kindly for your patience.

i also suggest making an addon request thread here on the games official forums!

lots more efficiant and easier to use. it takes me ages to find the request thread, i have to use google to find the bloody thing.

its hard to navigate to...

We monitor one place currently, there's many options to save it; you can bookmark it in your browser,

or follow the link from the Mod sections on the website; http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods or the general support link on the website.

Edited by Sickboy

I can understand it is frustrating but we have replied already on multiple occasions now that we are working on it, incl details.

Also as announced the Mission Publishing, recently released, is a stepping stone towards authors being able to manage their own mod content as well.

Thanks for the offer but there's no way currently. In the meantime we're streamlining to share the process within the team.

We ask kindly for your patience.

ok no problem, but if you need a hand with it...just pm me and i can give you a hand if you guys get covered with requests, especially as this arma 2 files are being released soon!!

flood on the way i can assume

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests_pt2

theres nearly a whole page already for new requests lists and lists of requests.

for arma 2 and arma 3.

Edited by tyl3r99

I'm rather glad I found out about withSIX. It found more servers than the in-game server in ArmA 3. :)

Im really having a hard to time to learn from scratch how to use the mods and to play on modded servers. Been watching youtube videos and reading tutorials but still cant manage to get a full grasp of the application. If anyone knows a place I might have not read about how to properly install mods with PwS for Arma 3 and how to get in to modded servers I will be really thankfull.

Sorry if I hijacked the post.

Great work and keep it up. Really appreciate it.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but is there anyway to set the .rsync pack directory again? The only option I see is for the .synq directory and playwithsix was downloading updates to my old hard drive's sixpack folder and I had no means of changing this without just deleting the config and starting over again, and by doing that it's now bloating the game directory on my SSD.

Was this option removed? if so, why!?

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but is there anyway to set the .rsync pack directory again? The only option I see is for the .synq directory and playwithsix was downloading updates to my old hard drive's sixpack folder and I had no means of changing this without just deleting the config and starting over again, and by doing that it's now bloating the game directory on my SSD.

Was this option removed? if so, why!?

There is an option to divert the synq directory to another drive, I have the pws addons on an ssd and the synq files on a hdd. You have to change it for each game in PWS under game settings (mod and synq directories).

@Sickboy, in the Arma 3 repo there are 2 addons that I believe are Arma 2 only and shouldn't be there. CBA for Arma 2 and the Chernobyl Zone island.