Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

After the major Play withSIX v1.5 release, a few updates, and the initial release of our new web platform, we've now released another minor update; Play withSIX v1.6.1 now available!

Read more on the official blog!

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Does anyone know how/when PWS updates their repositories?

There's a lot of cool stuff available, when you check at armaholic, however the A3-Addon section in PWS is pretty small

Thx

Due to recent major releases we were unable to cope with the sheer volume but things are getting back to normal slowly.

We're finalizing mission publishing as we speak, and in some weeks also intend to make mod publishing available.

In the meantime please post requests here; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests_pt2

I've noticed that PwS still seems to be using my Rsync folder (F:\Rsync) for a few mods, namely @CBA, @CBA_A2, @UOMaps and @UOMods1

The first two were last updated/modified on 20/10 although they're both empty, whilst the last two were modified on 15/10 and contain all the files for those mods.

I don't understand why PwS is still using this folder instead of the Synq folder (F:\A2-Synq).

By the way, I tried to post this on the PwS site but although I was logged in, when trying to post it prompted me to login again and wouldn't accept the login details that work to login to the PwS site, nor do I appear to have a GetSatisfaction account. I've reported problems on the site before, so I don't know what's changed such that I can't anymore.

I ended up logging in with my gmail account to post it, which I don't really like doing. I just tried to register for a GetSatisfaction account but it said my e-mail address was already registered but the password I might have used didn't work. I use Lastpass to store my passwords and there is no entry in there for GS but I've reset the password now and can login again.

A cosmetic problem.

When you have a PWS update and you click on the "update available" notification you get a "Disk operation failed. Retry?" message.

PWS tries to overwrite the already background downloading update.

ixGUInIl.jpg

Latest beta popped a User Agreement but there is no way to scroll through, no scroll bars, not with keys and not with scroll wheel.

Thanks Tony; solved for next build. The update issue should already be solved.

@Otto; will get on it, cheers!

Will a custom repo for ArmA 3 work on a HTTP Server? Or did I read somewhere that custom repo's for ArmA 3 were not finished yet...

Will a custom repo for ArmA 3 work on a HTTP Server? Or did I read somewhere that custom repo's for ArmA 3 were not finished yet...

Hi, Custom repos work the same for all supported games; see bottom of first post for link to doc with info.

We're working on new Synq based custom repositories though, few more weeks probably.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi, I'm in a network that uses OpenDNS. Apparently they claim your website is distributing malware, and was hence blocked. Have you received any notification about it yet?

Hi, I'm in a network that uses OpenDNS. Apparently they claim your website is distributing malware, and was hence blocked. Have you received any notification about it yet?
Hi, no we were unaware. I cannot reproduce any issue when using openDNS servers to resolve our websites.

Would you be so kind as to show a screenshot / copy+paste of the message you received? Especially would like to know the exact URL that is leading to the issue.

Thanks!

We're on a cloud platform that uses load balancers, I wonder how OpenDNS decides on it's behavior, perhaps other sites with malware were routed through the same load balancer we're on?

Are you sure it is an OpenDNS message and not something else?

Edited by Sickboy

My mcafee doesn't like the website either :(

Please post the exact message, URL, etc, thanks!

Mine just goes to an red alert page saying "this page may have some risky behaviours bla bla bla

Warning: Dangerous Site

Whoa!

Are you sure you want to go there?

http://www.withsix.com/ may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

heres the URL

http://www.siteadvisor.com/restricted.html?domain=http:%2F%2Fwww.withsix.com%2F&originalURL=619690796&pip=false&premium=false&client_uid=1968134019&client_ver=3.6.3.549&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=true&aff_id=0-3087&locale=en_gb&ui=1&os_ver=6.1.1.0

Edited by tyl3r99

Mine just goes to an orange alert page saying "this page may have some risky behaviours bla bla bla

Thanks but that doesn't help. Exact message, and URL are the least needed to get this sorted.

Step by step; what URL do you try to visit, is it with all URLS, all our domains? etc.

ive edited the post above sickboy, does this help at all?

Thanks Tyler, that helps a lot! Investigating and hopefully clearing this up ASAP.

The McAffee issue seems quite clear, but the OpenDNS issue is rather fuzzy; not been able to reproduce it for instance etc.

<vent>Immature ranting...

</vent>

Hey Jimi,

Firstly, you could have simply asked for a download source without the little rant.

Secondly, here you go: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/ACE_1_13 ( be sure to read the installation guide) :)

You can ask any ACE related questions here

Edited by Placebo

JimiEZ is banned from the thread, he can try again when he's a grown up.

There is an annoying GUI behavior with selecting games, PWS automatically expands games to show any extra DLC and automatically contracts the extra DLC info if you choose another game. This moves the positions of the games in the GUI.

For example, if I have selected Arma2CO it will have expanded to show the extra DLC. Now if I try to double-click on Arma3 I will inadvertently select Carrier Command due to the 1st click will close the extra DLC info and move the selection of games, 2nd click will activate CC that will be now under my mouse pointer.

To successfully select another game I have 1st to click on Arma3 (or any other game with no DLC) and then double click on the new position of Arma3.

I suggest you either show the extra DLC info of a game without expanding/contracting the selected game or to have expanding/contracting icons for the game.

Gotcha Tony, I got tricked by this a couple of times as well, it is not just the DLC expansion, but also the expanding button bar that is available on each record, however it is much smaller and therefore perhaps less of an issue.

Throwing it into the group, let's see what comes out! :)

Thanks for reporting this Tony, it has been pet peeve for me for a while now so I decided to redesign the games section last weeks, in which I've moved the DLC to the info panel and avoided the collapsible panel. Now it's just a matter of a coder in the team picking it up, although the current weeks are pretty booked we will try to improve on this rather quickly.

@Placebo; Thanks for moderating the thread! It's a shame that although JimiEZ wasn't really making his issues clear and using unacceptable language, he is now completely censored and we have no way to figure out what his real issues with the GUI where and how we could improve this. I would pick this up in PM but I can't seem to find his profile either.