Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

I am having some trouble getting Arma 3 to launch through SixUpdater. Each time I click on "Launch Game", the box greys out, but the game doesn't launch. Install directories seem to be correct, administrator settings as well. I can launch the game from Six Updater shortcuts, but no mods load. Any tips?

SIX Updater or Play withSIX?

I am having some trouble getting Arma 3 to launch through Play withSix. Each time I click on "Launch Game", the box greys out, but the game doesn't launch. Install directories seem to be correct, administrator settings as well. I can launch the game from Play withSix shortcuts, but no mods load. Any tips?

VVVVV Play withSix

Actually it occurred that there was an error screen. It requires 'operation elevation'. I submitted a error report, but I couldn't get it to run Arma despite relaunching it numerous times as administrator etc.

Solved: It seems you have to make it run as admin for all users.

Hmm that seems rather weird, there should definitelty not be need to run elevated just to launch the game, if you could send us the log files hopefully we can figure out what fishy stuff is going on ;)

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

thanks in advance!

Something weird is going on!

When I try and login in PwS it says the API is deprecated and to go to the site to download the new Client, website and API.

So I go to the site and download the file and run it expecting it to ask to upgrade/install but instead it just launches, with a lower version (1.5.2.690) than I already have (1.6.0.701). I get the same error trying to login as well with this version.

Something weird is going on!

When I try and login in PwS it says the API is deprecated and to go to the site to download the new Client, website and API.

So I go to the site and download the file and run it expecting it to ask to upgrade/install but instead it just launches, with a lower version (1.5.2.690) than I already have (1.6.0.701). I get the same error trying to login as well with this version.

We're working on it, please be patient.

We're working on it, please be patient.

OK, maybe an idea to remove that message from PwS telling users they need to go to the website and update if that's incorrect though.

OK, maybe an idea to remove that message from PwS telling users they need to go to the website and update if that's incorrect though.

Yea good point, new message should be up shortly. It was never intended for things to be in a flux for longer time :)

The latest betas:

[h=3]1.6.0.731 BETA(October 14, 2013)[/h]

• Added: 'View conversation online' buddy context menu entry
  • Other: Enabled add buddy 'request pending' and 'already buddy' states again
  • Other: Enabled buddy server processing again
  • Other: Improved caching of API records

[h=3]1.6.0.729 BETA (October 13, 2013)[/h]

• Fixed: 1.3 upgrade loop
  • Fixed: Own chat messages should have gray username
  • Other: Improved 1.3 upgrade with desktop shortcut
  • Other: Improved contact list chat button and unread count handling
  • Other: Imrpoved contact list context menus

[h=3]1.6.0.721 BETA (October 13, 2013)[/h]

• Added: Support to install/update Play withSIX in Program files incl shortcuts, and to Uninstall the old Play withSIX 1.3 and older
  • Fixed: AllInArma was not loaded after all custom mods
  • Fixed: Collection Desktop shortcuts
  • Fixed: Contact filter
  • Fixed: Possible workaround for zsync process killed due to 5 minute inactivity (dayz_epoch etc)
  • Fixed: Removing collections
  • Other: Exit in tools menu now split from the rest
  • Other: Improved mission context menus
  • Other: Post summary previews are now parsed to plain text
  • Other: Removed duplicate library search results

[h=3]1.6.0.719 BETA (October 12, 2013)[/h]

• Added: Ability to exit application anyway when Close to Tray is enabled, from Tools menu or by holding ctrl+click on window close button
  • Added: Private message counts
  • Added: Support for the new web platform and API
  • Fixed: Bundle and Package version constraints could not handle multi digit first version number
  • Fixed: Only show latest news when right module is enabled
  • Other: Disabled diagnose on local mods
  • Other: Improved custom repository error handling and indication
  • Other: Improved group and private chats; private chats are connected to private messaging system on the website
  • Other: Improved import of old PwS settings, custom modsets and repositories
  • Other: Improved smart date time
  • Other: Improved startup error messages
  • Other: Major overhaul of settings failure and recovery handling, makes backup now and informs user about issues
  • Other: Show summary on blog post tooltips

SB, is the Synq based stuff available for use as yet?

Sure the official network uses it in PwS 1.5 and later. For custom repositories is coming in next few weeks, there are also some more improvements scheduled.

In the mean time the old SIX Updater custom repositories are still usable.

Edited by Sickboy

After the major Play withSIX v1.5 release, a few updates, and the initial release of our new web platform, we've now released another major update; Play withSIX v1.6 now available!

Read more about it on our blog!

We are finalizing our Mission publishing features, and are aiming for another release on upcoming Wednesday!

This will be our stepping stone to full custom content publishing control by authors.

We will then also commence update dialogs in Play withSIX 1.3 and the old SIX Updater, directing users to the new builds.

Updating content will also get back to normal shortly, again apologies for this.

Edited by Sickboy

Been using it for the past weeks, works great most times just had some confusing moments with the GUI (mainly when trying to close\hide windows\informations) but managed to over them. Kudos and thank you are the only things that comes to mind.

Add a "last updated" date to mods, very helpful.

(This doesn't fall into your field I guess) Description and pics are possible to add by the modder right? Make use of them! Really hard to understand what is what in a middle of "xyc_nosodescriptice_addonname.pbo" and the game\system doesn't have that many mods yet! Maybe a open field to community edit, a la wiki?

In-game integration somehow, is just a dream or something plausible for the future? (Imagine a PwS button next to the Workshop one!)

When I launch the game with mods using PwS, the list of mods on the "Expansion" menu get duplicated items. Same thing in A2, so I take it as an engine problem.

Been using it for the past weeks, works great most times just had some confusing moments with the GUI (mainly when trying to close\hide windows\informations) but managed to over them. Kudos and thank you are the only things that comes to mind.
Thanks Smurf, we're working hard on addressing the UI, some great changes have already been implemented, but we plan to do a major overhaul for 2.0, so accumulating all the feedback so far :)
Add a "last updated" date to mods, very helpful.
Cheers, added to the library when new mod version is available, and to the mod info overlay, checking with Para to see how we can do that better.
(This doesn't fall into your field I guess) Description and pics are possible to add by the modder right? Make use of them! Really hard to understand what is what in a middle of "xyc_nosodescriptice_addonname.pbo" and the game\system doesn't have that many mods yet! Maybe a open field to community edit, a la wiki?
hmm could you elaborate a little on this one?
In-game integration somehow, is just a dream or something plausible for the future? (Imagine a PwS button next to the Workshop one!)
We've been keeping it in mind, we already have some integration with the game (command interface), and for the mission publishing we'll have integration with the editor, other things on our list is ingame overlay :)
When I launch the game with mods using PwS, the list of mods on the "Expansion" menu get duplicated items. Same thing in A2, so I take it as an engine problem.

I guess so, a more concrete example would help, perhaps with screenshot.

I'm not sure if wiki style is going to work, but we do want to give access and eventually full control to the mod creators to allow them to improve on this for their own work.

Allowing regular users to change info needs moderating even with a community like ours, but there are smart ways we are considering where we can still allow users to post anything about a mod and link it as external information and other content for example.

But that is something we will tackle further down the road, we will first focus on giving the access to publish and update mods to mod creators.

heya

I've been using Playwithsix for arma 2 mods and my odd dip into Dayz previously.

A proper description of the mod would be really helpful. You have 32 mods in the 'unknown' category ... and the majority of those don't have any description.

Why would I install something I've not heard about before or if I'm feeling really energetic I might look up on google?

Taking @a3_osbih as an example ... I click the cell and the text disappears with the highlight. the mod is 16mb - that's all i know.

I look up google, playwith6 is top two results - no info. I scroll down and find this.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=21299

Now, I personally have no interest in "Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina" but I'm sure many people would.

But that is my experience of using playwith6.

No easy way of browsing for new and interesting mods.

sure, I can easily install ace for arma 2 but even then the blast core visuals etc were not well documented at the time.

I really think playwith6 is great and it saved a lot of hassle when I played arma 2 with ace/acre before -- but it really could be a lot more userfriendly and descriptive

Hi Nossie,

Please upgrade to 1.6 and some of what you mention will already have improved, regarding the rest we will look into, some is a little thin because our available time was thin due to major new releases of the software and web platform but things are slowly going back to normal ;)

well now!

That certainly is an interesting update! I'll need to investigate :D

Thanks!

Thanks Smurf, we're working hard on addressing the UI, some great changes have already been implemented, but we plan to do a major overhaul for 2.0, so accumulating all the feedback so far :)

And it is good! Just a matter to get used to it.

hmm could you elaborate a little on this one?

Didn't knew but it is something it's already in place but just AiA and massi Spetnaz are using so far.

I guess so, a more concrete example would help, perhaps with screenshot.

Couldn't reproduce and isn't happening anymore. Good then :)

Ty guys!

soon will the modders be able to update their own mods? :) or is that already happening?

~S~

Im using the " R3F French Weapons Pack for Arma 3" and it have been updated. But it will PWS will not update the mod and after doing it manually, I have to press update and it return to the old version of the mod.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20129

How do I update the mod and still being able to launch with PWS?

Cheers

Latest beta builds available! with major bug fix regarding possible loss of settings.

Full Changelog: http://withsix.com/changelog

1.6.1.737 BETA (October 17, 2013)

• Fixed: Settings and SyncData could be reset because of special characters
  • Other: Improved buddy and chat notifications
  • Other: Improved context menu
  • Other: Prevent multiple migrations of the same old data

1.6.1.735 BETA (October 16, 2013)

• Added: ARMA3 startup parameter 'nologs'
  • Added: Notification when first new private message received in conversation
  • Added: Option to close open overlay first when clicking close button on window
  • Added: Option to warn on closing the application with overlay open
  • Added: Show Updated At for mods in the library when they have updates, and in info overlay
  • Fixed: Buddy name display when joining server
  • Fixed: More info dialog jumps around
  • Fixed: Visit buddy profile error
  • Other: API Key is now encrypted with Windows DPAPI and no longer portable
  • Other: Give option to fallback to direct updater usage when service fails
  • Other: Improved chat handling
  • Other: Improved menus and context menus theming
  • Other: New and improved icons
  • Other: Only escape arguments when needed
  • Other: Re-enabled chat notifications
  • Other: Re-enabled join buddy on server action
  • Other: Removed Exit from the Tools menu (ctrl+click remains for when close-to-tray is enabled)
  • Other: Reset buddy private message unread count upon sending private message to him
  • Other: Select ARMA2CO as default game instead of ARMA1

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

@tyl3r99: Missions are first, hopefully this or next week. Mods will follow next months.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

@Otto; updating it soon. In PwS 1.5 and later you can already launch by right clicking collections, without updating. Another workaround is renaming the mod folder to something else.

For a future build we are looking into providing easier launch-without-updating (/downgrading) options. Also updates should soon be back to old levels again; prompt.

While for the near future authors will be able to manage their own content :)

Hey Sickboy.

is there any way to re-order mods in an existing collection?

Hey Sickboy.

is there any way to re-order mods in an existing collection?

Ordering of mods is determined by rules that are either hardcoded or dynamic based on dependencies.

We're looking into providing means to allow full control (override), could you elaborate on your use case? (Incase of AllInArma, loading orders got updated recently in 1.6).

~S~

Thanks for the hint and the update. Its working fine now

Cheers

Otto

Does anyone know how/when PWS updates their repositories?

There's a lot of cool stuff available, when you check at armaholic, however the A3-Addon section in PWS is pretty small

Thx