Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

great news! thank you :)

I used to be able to choose which mods to run from my collection (V next to the mod's name). I don't see it now- was it removed?

Hi, you can add and remove mods from collections right now, we're working on reimplementing the enabling and disabling of mods within a collection,

as well as adding specific version support so you can have different versions of mods per collection etc, which will also play a big role in server presets etc.

does this build have all the addons, mods updated and added :D

It's not related to any build but to the alive-ness of the team members, which is estimated rather lowly after this huge devilish beasty release ;-)

thanks Sickboy,

when the addons,mods etc get added and updated will the pws build update or is it automatically?

thanks Sickboy,

when the addons,mods etc get added and updated will the pws build update or is it automatically?

No update needed, is all synchronized dynamically.

I was converting the six updater addons to play with six (sync to synq) but PWS crashed and all .json files inside .synq were zeroed (packages .json were unharmed).

Is there a way to recover the already converted addon metadata under .synq ? Cause when I try to diagnose a converted addon, it redownloads and adds more objects.

A suggestion to use .bak files for keeping a backup of .json files. Also a more graceful way to recover PWS if a .json file is corrupted, PWS kept throwing error msgs till I deleted the zeroed .json files.

Is there a way to select multiple files to diagnose/install/update? I was installing/converting the addons one by one.

Sorry to tell you but your website is being blocked for some reason at the moment :(

I just get

"TransIP

Access denied

This domain has been blocked. The administrator of this domain is advised to contact (https://www.transip.nl/contact/) TransIP BV.

Note:information about this domain is only provided to the administrator, not to third parties."

Apologies for the situation, it has been resolved in the meantime and should be good again in a few moments (I suspect an hour).

Apologies for the situation, it has been resolved in the meantime and should be good again in a few moments (I suspect an hour).

Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was something local to my ISP/country so thought I'd better let you know in case no-one else had brought it to your attention.

hi,

can someone explain please:

theres a lot of mods out there, but i can't get them with pws?

how is the process to bring the missing mods to pws?

or some mods are newer in this forum as in pws, for exapmle the tmr ist version 0.3.4 here in pws 0.3.2

please add franze and nodunits apache mod (arma 2) to pws.

thanks for help

greetz johnny

are there any plans for repo hosting/publishing in PWS or another new tool for that ? or do i need the old slow SixUpdater for that again? I dont like that PWS is much better :)

Edited by nightshift

are there any plans for repo hosting/publishing in PWS or another new tool for that ? or do i need the old slow SixUpdater for that again? I dont like that PWS is much better :)

Hey and thanks for your interest!

Right now, SIX Updater should indeed be used for managing repositories, but PwS as a client is fully supported (just replace sixupdater:// urls with pws://).

In the past few months we've developed our new distribution technology (with multi-version, branch, and distributable package metadata support) that has also made it's debut in the new Play withSIX (1.5) release.

We have a commandline utility that takes on the role of managing packages, bundles and repositories currently, but have not yet finished the client support for custom repositories based on this new technology.

Bundles are basically a replacement or perhaps supplement to server.yml files, and bring support for specific or loosely specified version constraints,

and these configurations can now be setup for both servers and clients, with required and optional groups specific to clients, servers, or both.

We're also planning on a new UI utility that will make this more fun and visually nicer to setup and manage too,

as we feel that Play should really be about Playing and Connecting with others.

We plan to deploy the commandline utility not only on Windows but any Mono supported platform (Linux and MacOSX).

Betas should be expected in a month or two; we have one more large deploy to take care of first in the next days :)

Besides repository management we also have plans to make the life of dedicated server managers more easy, supported by our existing and new technologies...

Stay tuned coming time for more exciting reveals and releases :)

Edited by Sickboy

@sickboy, how do new mods or updates get added to Six? Do you guys just continuously add stuff or do the mod makers have to let you know etc. Seems like up until now not much is being updated or added to Six. Some great mods out there are still not on Six etc.

@sickboy, how do new mods or updates get added to Six? Do you guys just continuously add stuff or do the mod makers have to let you know etc. Seems like up until now not much is being updated or added to Six. Some great mods out there are still not on Six etc.

Hi Delta99, this seems to become a very popular question recently. (and with good reason)

We've always been relying upon user and author requests, and manager's digression, to get mods added or updated to the network; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests_pt2

Due to extremely high pressure in recent weeks we've done updates and additions at a much lower frequency than we would've wanted it, but still tried to keep up as best we could.

Improvements in the process of adding and updating content, and expansion of our team, next to lowered pressure by getting PwS 1.5 out, and the next upcoming big release,

should hopefully put us back on track ASAP.

Better yet, we have made a lot of progress in shaping up the platform in terms of authors publishing, updating and managing their own content,

we will start small soon with Missions, and will soon expand that also to Mods.

Stay tuned coming time for more exciting reveals and releases ;)

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

I was converting the six updater addons to play with six (sync to synq) but PWS crashed and all .json files inside .synq were zeroed (packages .json were unharmed).

Is there a way to recover the already converted addon metadata under .synq ? Cause when I try to diagnose a converted addon, it redownloads and adds more objects.

A suggestion to use .bak files for keeping a backup of .json files. Also a more graceful way to recover PWS if a .json file is corrupted, PWS kept throwing error msgs till I deleted the zeroed .json files.

Is there a way to select multiple files to diagnose/install/update? I was installing/converting the addons one by one.

Hey Tony, thanks for reporting this issue and we will look into mitigating the problem in the future.

As to the data, if the data is valid or of any use, there should be minimal to nothing downloaded.

Regarding diagnose/install/update; you can build a collection, activate it (double click),

and then the big 'omni button' at the bottom, and the context menu available from the navigation portion of the mod library, should operate on all mods in the collection.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Sickboy

Hey Tony, thanks for reporting this issue and we will look into mitigating the problem in the future.

As to the data, if the data is valid or of any use, there should be minimal to nothing downloaded.

Regarding diagnose/install/update; you can build a collection, activate it (double click),

and then the big 'omni button' at the bottom, and the context menu available from the navigation portion of the mod library, should operate on all mods in the collection.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip.

There seems to be a problem with 2 Arma2 addons, @COSLX and @rksl_ilha_marrom are crashing PWS when trying to install/download them.

I deleted both folders under Arma2 so either my PWS configs have a problem or there is a problem with PWS/PWS network.

Thanks for the tip.

There seems to be a problem with 2 Arma2 addons, @COSLX and @rksl_ilha_marrom are crashing PWS when trying to install/download them.

I deleted both folders under Arma2 so either my PWS configs have a problem or there is a problem with PWS/PWS network.

Thanks for the headsup!

The issue with @COSLX is that it's missing a synq package, will get right on it.

The issue with @RKSL_ilha_marrom appears to be in the rendering of the license, also on it..

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

@COSLX package added, should be fine after restart.

@RKSL_ilha_marrom html issues worked around, looking at a permanent solution for the future.

Thanks again

Edited by Sickboy

This should have improved in beta build 673 (available shortly) and will also be included with 1.5.1 (available hopefully tonight)

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Latest beta build (673) available on auto-update (If you enable "Receive Beta Updates" in the settings).

Probably one more later today, and then tonight 1.5.1 release.

Changelog:

1.5.1.673 BETA (September 29, 2013)

• Added: ARMA1 and AllInArma ARMA1 support
  • Fixed: Blue text becoming unreadable in Connect module when selecting an element (e.g chatmessage or group)
  • Fixed: Modset filtering in library (Featured and Favorites etc)
  • Fixed: Possible null exception in free space check
  • Fixed: Search library item remained selected even after clearing search
  • Fixed: Uninstall on modset throws exception
  • Fixed: Unpack of gzip object containing a rar file, fixes @rkt_f4 installation
  • Other: Chat message nickname is now gray when its your own message
  • Other: Improved robust-ness of Synq package, bundle, config and remote json handling
  • Other: Improved server mods migration dialog message
  • Other: Show 'filtered out of #' behind results in library when filtered

1.5.1.671 BETA (September 28, 2013)

• Fixed: Custom local mod folders
  • Fixed: Search results all appeared to be part of the currently active library item
  • Other: AllInArma is now featured in ARMA 3
  • Other: Default mod folders like 'Expansion' are now filtered from local mods
  • Other: Default startup module is now Game Browser to assist new users in finding their desired games
  • Other: Improved delete/remove naming consistency
  • Other: Search is now no longer overlayed but a part of the Library built in section

1.5.1.669 BETA (September 27, 2013)

• Fixed: Duplicate repo when deleting and re-adding it within the same session
  • Other: Improved custom repo image handling
  • Other: Improved initial (and on refresh) library item selection

1.5.1.667 BETA (September 26, 2013)

• Fixed: Lack of visual content in custom repo modset on import from pws url
  • Fixed: LocalMod update state
  • Fixed: Search result item context menu
  • Fixed: Server context menu exception opportunity
  • Other: Improved reliability
  • Other: Improved refresh of available mods when switching to or from a set with AllInArma
  • Other: Improved refresh of available mods when adding or removing AllInArma from current set

Full changelog: http://play.withsix.com/changelog Edited by Sickboy

Can't update to beta when PWS is installed under "c:\program files(x86)\", PWS downloads the update and asks to restart where upon restart the updater crashes. Then it runs PWS (old version) and starts downloading the update again and repeats this cycle. Probably a permissions problem, moved PWS to another drive and it works.

Cosmetic bug with directories under game settings, if the path is too long the end(3-4 characters) is hidden by the browse button (...).

I see, such configuration is currently unsupported indeed, either run pws as admin once to update it, or move the executable to user space (e.g desktop), or await a future patch addressing the issue.

The cosmetic issue is addressed for next build, thanks.

Cosmetic bug with latest beta: ARMA:Armed Assault is using the Arma2 small & big icon.

All addons downloads tested (except DAYZ variants and wasteland client) and work ok. Small hiccup with @COSLX, had to manually delete the previously partially downloaded folder otherwise PWS would crash upon trying to install it.

Not a bug but PWS looks weird without window borders or a background when it's on top of white space from other programs. All the white space blend together and it's difficult to find the borders to resize PWS.

LCN5Adbl.jpg

Thanks Tony,

ARMA1 logos solved for next build, COSLX might've been because it was just updated, have you sent the error report just in case?

Regarding the Window Borders normally aero is supposed to draw a border automatically, tested on Win8:

http://i43.tinypic.com/25riji8.png (154 kB) is aero disabled or certain elements on your system?

Iirc normally it would then still draw a different border but apparently not..

Thanks Tony,

ARMA1 logos solved for next build, COSLX might've been because it was just updated, have you sent the error report just in case?

Sorry no reports.

Regarding the Window Borders normally aero is supposed to draw a border automatically, tested on Win8:

http://i43.tinypic.com/25riji8.png (154 kB) is aero disabled or certain elements on your system?

Iirc normally it would then still draw a different border but apparently not..

I am running Win7 with Aero but I have "Show shadows under windows" disabled, if I enable it then there is a border. Not necessarily a problem that you need to fix just an observation.

Latest beta available!

[h=3]1.5.1.677 BETA (September 29, 2013)[/h]

• Fixed: ARMA1 logo was using ARMA2 logo
  • Fixed: ContextMenus could operate on different item than the one that was selected to open the menu
  • Fixed: Don't let text bleed through '...' browse button
  • Fixed: Forced back to previous game / custom repository upon switching games
  • Fixed: Multiple actions could be executed upon clicking action button
  • Fixed: Multiple collections could be created when importing pws:// url
  • Fixed: Multiple executions of pws:// url could happen
  • Fixed: Self Updater fails to update Play withSIX if installed into protected folder like Program Files (requires new shared files to be installed first)
  • Fixed: Servers context menu when accessed over '...' button
  • Fixed: Shortcut creation lacked name sanitation
  • Other: Disabled buttons on overlays when no item is selected
  • Other: Improved chat messages and chat message input styling
  • Other: Improved copy repo url context menu entry
  • Other: Improved window border behavior and graphics

I am running Win7 with Aero but I have "Show shadows under windows" disabled, if I enable it then there is a border. Not necessarily a problem that you need to fix just an observation.

I see, the issue should be addressed in 675 :)

Edited by Sickboy

Original Post

After the major Play withSIX v1.5 release, and several beta updates, we've now released the first update;

Play withSIX v1.5.1 now available!

Highlights

• ARMA1 and AllInArma ARMA1 support
  • Improved design and styling
  • Improved library search
  • Many bug fixes and small improvements

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

Thank you all for feedback and suggestions!

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Edited by Sickboy