Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

Hm, thanks for reporting will look into it.

Currently it should use the same principal as in arma2, so unless that has changed or is broken in arma 3, it seems weird.

I think it might be a problem with ArmA 3. I took the command from "Play withSIX.log", made a shortcut and it still gives me wrong password.

The command switch was "-password=PASSWORD", and the password was correct.

I am using the stable branch of ArmA 3.

Also what is "-command=ALPHANUMERICPlaywithSIX" that you pass on ArmA3 with PWS ?

Thanks Tony, should really be an ARMA 3 issue then, will post it on the feedback tracker later.

Have you tried just to be sure if -password=PASSWORD works if you leave out the " " surrounding them? Shouldn't matter in this case, but you never know.

The command switch is for PwS to communicate with the game to retrieve status information or ask it to join a server while the game is running, that should work with OA betas, untested with A3 alpha.

I put here " " to highlight the command switch in my post.

But I already tried with ArmA 3:

-password=PASSWORD

-password="PASSWORD"

"-password=PASSWORD"

The password isn't using any special characters.

Please try to replicate it on a server before posting it in the feedback tracker, maybe I am doing something stupid. :)

I put here " " to highlight the command switch in my post.

But I already tried with ArmA 3:

-password=PASSWORD

-password="PASSWORD"

"-password=PASSWORD"

The password isn't using any special characters.

Please try to replicate it on a server before posting it in the feedback tracker, maybe I am doing something stupid. :)

Thanks for trying! I cannot test easily right now because I dont have another machine with steam and the game atm.

Would you mind trying it with the dev branch of arma 3 alpha as well?

Thanks for trying! I cannot test easily right now because I dont have another machine with steam and the game atm.

Would you mind trying it with the dev branch of arma 3 alpha as well?

Not my server and it runs the stable branch so I don't think it would let me connect.

Arma3server.exe can't come fast enough to test these things easily. :)

Not my server and it runs the stable branch so I don't think it would let me connect.

Arma3server.exe can't come fast enough to test these things easily. :)

NP thanks anyway.

We're not alone apparently; http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3566

Please vote.

Cant i use PWS without .Net4?

I already have 3.5

Cant i use PWS without .Net4?

I already have 3.5

Negativo buddy.

Needed feature (please ! :o )

Server browser

- I wanted to see all the coop server except those which play one particular mission, or i wanted to see the server playing all games type except a precise one (like all pvp so i want to exclude coop).

Doable i guess ?

- I don't understand the options in the Protection combo box. NONE (OK i got this one ! :p), BAD (BattlEye :rolleyes: ), GOOD (?), FULL (?).

- Country combo box, you may had the flag after the letters of each line i think. And maybe a small tooltip showing on mouse over ? (FR -> mouse over -> FRANCE [in a "tooltip"])

- Delay the server list refresh for few seconds on the Max Ping filter (user using the up/down arrow get a big freeze on each value change)

- That could be also cool if we could set what columns of the web browser we want to see (useful when not using the program in fullscreen)

Minor stylish feature

- Being able to add a custom background image if the user want to could add a little stylish to the UI, or maybe a default background image synched with the current game selected on the play tab.

---------- Post added at 02:30 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

Another thing i've forgot to tell, when you click on the Update buttons before connecting to a server, you should show in a window what update gonna be downloaded and ask the user if he wants to get all these updates.

Maybe allow him to choose (checkbox ?) what addons he wants to update.

Edited by Paul-Hewson

Hi

I'm giving 'Play with Six' a go after trying Six Updater - seems to be pretty easy to naviage but I have a couple of questions.

1) Can I launch my own server/MP game from Six or only join existing servers?

2) If I have installed mods previously which are already sitting in my Arma3 folder, do I have to redownload them via Pw6 or will Pw6 see them in the folder and update them directly?

Thanks and just want to say you're a bloody legend SB for this tireless commitment to Arma series.

Lighty.

1. You can launch with the -server parameter, but for now this is not yet a true feature of PwS, focus for now is on players, not hosts, this will come later.

2.a Our latest beta includes a 'local' category, a stable release with this will be released soon.

2.b You do not have to redownload mods via PwS, they just need to be in a folder with the same name as we use on our network.

It will ask you to update first time and will convert the folder to keep track of the version number.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Needed feature (please ! :o )

Server browser

- I wanted to see all the coop server except those which play one particular mission, or i wanted to see the server playing all games type except a precise one (like all pvp so i want to exclude coop).

Doable i guess ?

- I don't understand the options in the Protection combo box. NONE (OK i got this one ! :p), BAD (BattlEye :rolleyes: ), GOOD (?), FULL (?).

- Country combo box, you may had the flag after the letters of each line i think. And maybe a small tooltip showing on mouse over ? (FR -> mouse over -> FRANCE [in a "tooltip"])

- Delay the server list refresh for few seconds on the Max Ping filter (user using the up/down arrow get a big freeze on each value change)

- That could be also cool if we could set what columns of the web browser we want to see (useful when not using the program in fullscreen)

Minor stylish feature

- Being able to add a custom background image if the user want to could add a little stylish to the UI, or maybe a default background image synched with the current game selected on the play tab.

---------- Post added at 02:30 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

Another thing i've forgot to tell, when you click on the Update buttons before connecting to a server, you should show in a window what update gonna be downloaded and ask the user if he wants to get all these updates.

Maybe allow him to choose (checkbox ?) what addons he wants to update.

Sorry for the late response.

Let me try and answer your questions and feedback.

1. If you want to exclude a mission, use the ! infront of the mission name. So for example "mission: !wasteland" (can only use one criteria right now)

2. NONE: No protection, BAD: only v2 bisignatures, GOOD: BattlEye, FULL: v2+BattlEye (bad & good might be other way around, can't remember) I am trying to get Sickboy to change this into Protection: YES (Full) or NO (none - good)

3. Thanks for the tips, we used to have flags IIRC, will look into improving this.

4. Roger, will check if this is normal behaviour and change otherwhise.

5. I have to think about this, we brought back the 'grid-view' for users wanting more information. I designed the compact-view for most default info you would need from a server browser to make it easier to scan.

If you want to see other options here please let me know and I will look into adding them somehow.

6. The current GUI is not build to allow users to add images and I'm not sure if I will ever be able to design with that in mind.

But maybe with the new GUI, that I'm slowly designing for a future release, I can try this.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Sickboy, currently the Exclude filter operand "!" is case sensitive and whole world sensitive. As, for example, I want to filter out all wasteland variants servers (no offence but not interested in them), !wasteland still leaves 404WASTELAND, 404Wasteland, Wasteland, WASTELAND and all the others visible. Is this a bug, just unfinished feature yet, or simply not been considered :) ? I assume adding in RegExp in whatever code you use for parsing the server list might be too much, probably unneeded and maybe even a mess with code checks, but how about just making the ! operand case insensitive, and working on in middle of word as well, please please :)

Also, is only one custom repo via pws:// supported right now? If I run the pws:// link it as an icon in the left column, and right column shows some Custop Repo mods correctly, but it doesn't show as custom repo in the middle column, meaning I can't have several saved to choose from. If I add a custom repo via pws://, it won't let me add my own Custom Modset correctly.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

The latest Play withSIX v1.3 BETA build (399) is now available on auto-update!

Original Post

This build brings several new and improved features and more design changes.

A new stable release should follow next days.

This is a BETA update, only available if you enable “Receive Beta Updates†in the Application Settings

2dujfpe_thumb.png | 174sd0_thumb.png | 34ypoaf_thumb.png

34y1ra0_thumb.png | dlqlhz_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

Highlights

• Added basic Mission Browser and Publishing
  • Added persistent custom modsets
  • Added local mods support
  • Improved UI layout and design
  • Improved SU Custom repo support

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Hi Sickboy, currently the Exclude filter operand "!" is case sensitive and whole world sensitive. As, for example, I want to filter out all wasteland variants servers (no offence but not interested in them), !wasteland still leaves 404WASTELAND, 404Wasteland, Wasteland, WASTELAND and all the others visible. Is this a bug, just unfinished feature yet, or simply not been considered :) ? I assume adding in RegExp in whatever code you use for parsing the server list might be too much, probably unneeded and maybe even a mess with code checks, but how about just making the ! operand case insensitive, and working on in middle of word as well, please please :)
Mentioned earlier, we'll look into the search operators
Also, is only one custom repo via pws:// supported right now? If I run the pws:// link it as an icon in the left column, and right column shows some Custop Repo mods correctly, but it doesn't show as custom repo in the middle column, meaning I can't have several saved to choose from. If I add a custom repo via pws://, it won't let me add my own Custom Modset correctly.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

The latest beta should work better.

Ongoing documentation about SU Custom Repo support is available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5gsMuvN1E_GGajrkcLzapEuHPN1eZZ68ok5hczfhQ4/edit?usp=sharing

Hello

I use play whitsix for Arma 3

I don't find where I can save the mod configuration

every time that I launch the game, I must select every mod I want to use

how could I save the mod that I want to launch every time without be forced to add every mod one by one ?

Thanks

Hi,

Please update to PwS Beta, it is fixed there.

New Stable incoming soon.

Love the PWS beta layout and support for local mods means I can nearly finally retire the old Six Updater. It will be somewhat a sad day when I finally uninstall SU as I thought it was an excellent product!

Anyway well done to the team as PWS is really getting there now. Thanks for your continued efforts!

Is there a way to reorganize the mod load order? Or is that coming in a future release. It's not all that critical now, as I don't use PwS for A2 (I use it for A3), but I could see this being important later with A3 as the mods grow.

First off I want to say excellent work Sick. I've been using su for quite some time now and am totally familiar with how it works. Am I understanding correctly that there will not be an su for arma 3?? I have attempted to use PWS but was unable to find my way around the interface to accomplish what I wanted. For that reason I'm partial to the form and function of su. Is there any chance you will continue updating it?

In any case I salute you for your outstanding work with all of the aspects of the game you are involved in. You've made my experience with arma a much more pleasurable one.

Cheers :D

Love the PWS beta layout and support for local mods means I can nearly finally retire the old Six Updater. It will be somewhat a sad day when I finally uninstall SU as I thought it was an excellent product!

Anyway well done to the team as PWS is really getting there now. Thanks for your continued efforts!

Hey Jedra! Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you are starting to appreciate PwS :)

The collections, libraries and local mods handling will be more improved in the UI overhaul pt2, hopefully achieved in the coming weeks.

Is there a way to reorganize the mod load order? Or is that coming in a future release. It's not all that critical now, as I don't use PwS for A2 (I use it for A3), but I could see this being important later with A3 as the mods grow.
It is currently not possible, also I wonder how useful it is, because much of the load order of addons is decided based on internal configuration (CfgPatches RequiredAddons chain).

In case of SIX, the modfolder list order is based on known dependencies, e.g CBA loads before ACE, ACE loads before ACEX, and so forth.

The only real use case I personally see for changing mod load order is A) with broken addons that are not properly configured

or B) You have modfolders that contain addons with the same addon pboprefix, here loading one later than the other, makes it the active one.

In any case, we can definitely investigate and doing orders generally shouldn't be all that problematic.

First off I want to say excellent work Sick. I've been using su for quite some time now and am totally familiar with how it works. Am I understanding correctly that there will not be an su for arma 3?? I have attempted to use PWS but was unable to find my way around the interface to accomplish what I wanted. For that reason I'm partial to the form and function of su. Is there any chance you will continue updating it?

In any case I salute you for your outstanding work with all of the aspects of the game you are involved in. You've made my experience with arma a much more pleasurable one.

Thanks for your kind words, glad to read you are enjoying the software!

While SIX Updater today supports ARMA 3 already, I am afraid the product is discontinued apart from servicing in case of major bug.

When's the last time you tried PwS? Especially in recent builds, especially 406, it should be much more usable and flexible, and basically contain all the major and distinguishing features from SU.

It should also be better in performance, usability and IMO design.

Otherwise we would be very happy with any feedback you could provide on making your experience the best on PwS.

Hope this helps and looking forward to your feedback.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the response. I tried the latest build lastnight and got the hang of it. I think it is certainly moving in the right direction. I couldn't figure out how to create custom mod sets. I could however load a mod without selecting a predefined set and it would start a new one, but was unable to rename it. I also didn't see any way to start the game with customized startup options other than the one you set for the flavor of the game itself you would like to run. Are there any plans to work multiple custom game profiles into the mix?? Other than those two items I thought the interface was very slick and useable once I figured out what everything was.

That's all I've got. Keep up the great work!!

Cheers:D

Thanks for the response. I tried the latest build lastnight and got the hang of it. I think it is certainly moving in the right direction. I couldn't figure out how to create custom mod sets. I could however load a mod without selecting a predefined set and it would start a new one, but was unable to rename it. I also didn't see any way to start the game with customized startup options other than the one you set for the flavor of the game itself you would like to run. Are there any plans to work multiple custom game profiles into the mix?? Other than those two items I thought the interface was very slick and useable once I figured out what everything was.

That's all I've got. Keep up the great work!!

Cheers:D

Great, thanks for the feedback!

Indeed, creating custom modsets is currently done by deselecting any modset, and then using the Add Mods to selected Set panel. Once we implement UI overhaul pt2 I believe we will address this as well.

You can edit the name of a modset currently by opening the Mod Info Overlay, and putting your mouse cursor on the modset Name displayed in the overlay, this also will be improved.

Regarding the startup parameters, you are correct, there are currently not multiple game settings profiles, just a single one per game. We have it on our backlog though for implementation in the near future.

Could you perhaps elaborate a little bit on your specific requirements re startup parameter profiles? What kind of startup parameters should differ between modsets?

Edited by Sickboy

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeng the overhaul. As far as startup params go, I thought that being able to create multiple profiles and assigning them to mod sets like in su was great. As an example, I have a second computer that I play the game on, but I sometimes run it as a dedicated server for testing my creations. It was very convenient to have two independent profiles, a server and client setup. Then I can start the preconfigured profile of my choice without having to set any parameters. I'm going to mess with it some more today so if I've missed the ability to do this, please forgive me. I hope this helps illustrate the type of functionality I'm asking for. Thanks again :)

It is currently not possible, also I wonder how useful it is, because much of the load order of addons is decided based on internal configuration (CfgPatches RequiredAddons chain).

In case of SIX, the modfolder list order is based on known dependencies, e.g CBA loads before ACE, ACE loads before ACEX, and so forth.

The only real use case I personally see for changing mod load order is A) with broken addons that are not properly configured

or B) You have modfolders that contain addons with the same addon pboprefix, here loading one later than the other, makes it the active one.

In any case, we can definitely investigate and doing orders generally shouldn't be all that problematic.

Thanks for at least looking at it. I can't argue for or against whether an addon is config'ed properly, but in the past, I have seen some addons that benefit from being loaded after another. I have one in particular that does a minor weapon modification. Any weapon loaded after the mod doesn't inherit the properties of the mod.

No doubt, these are few and far between, but it does happen. Regardless, thanks for the reply and at least thinking about it.