Sign in to follow this  
xspektre

ArmA 3 - Chernarus and Takistan Already Ported

I apologize if this is misplaced, I've searched the topic and couldn't find it. I also didn't believe it fit in with any of the Sticky or General threads, so..

ArmA II Takistani and Chernarus have both already been ported by Youtuber "ProjectCygnus". It seems he has already ported over an APC and helicopter.

Edited by xSpektre
Wrong vehicle type

The "tank" is an APC, it always had that view.

Thank you, being half asleep and psyched for the game doesn't help much. Fixed.

It was only a matter of time but still ALL THE WOO'S and ALL THE YAY's!!!

Now I'm looking forward to the standalone DayZ Chernarus map & Sa-Matra's Wasteland mission running on ARMA3's engine could make for some awesome games :)

Hopefully Dayz wont take long, the base game is not fun, played 10 mins, way too much action and theres no feedback to when u get shot, u just fall over randomly.

Hopefully Dayz wont take long, the base game is not fun, played 10 mins, way too much action and theres no feedback to when u get shot, u just fall over randomly.

Dude its Alpha version, it will improve over time.

2013 is a good year. And hopefully all DayZ folks will go over to DayZ standalone. No DayZ please in ArmA 3.

Forgive him, you know, 60-70% people here didn't realize yet they bought an alpha.

Sorry for my bad english.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Forgive him, you know, 60-70% people here didn't realize yet they bought an alpha.

i agree no miss dayz in arma 3 it may have brourght many new players to arma 2 but at the same time it brourght alot of hackers/scripters and ruinded the game for many people

eg my self had my cd key stolen how i don't know but it gave me a global ban wich i got fixed by bis

2013 is a good year. And hopefully all DayZ folks will go over to DayZ standalone. No DayZ please in ArmA 3.

+1 ... sry but I really had to say that! PLEASE no DayZ. Keep ArmA for its own kinda of players :D

DayZ is probably the future of the Arma franchise. I don't play myself, but for that reason it should be an optional Addon.

On topic guys.

How do I go about porting A2 stuff to A3? Like the guy in the vid...

Just take the "AddOns" folder of your A2 installment and put it into A3/@ArmA2/AddOns and select the "mod" in your ingame mod browser. You will have everything from A2, plus menues, UI, errors, errors and more errors. There should be some decent people around who can really port mods and ... well, whole games but this is the fastest way.

The problems are that none of the old models have physics, nor chest vests or helmets, so they cant carry any ammo. Vehicle dont have physic, just the old ones from A2, also they just drive with idle sounds because the new engine wants proper sounds for each 500 RPM...

Then you cannot run with pistols, or when you dont have any weapons (with old models though)... and some other weird bugs I heard of... didnt played the alpha for myself yet, dont got a key so far corze I wanted to wait for the alpha so people can check it out and keep me posted about A3 in general and stuff...

LJ

Just take the "AddOns" folder of your A2 installment and put it into A3/@ArmA2/AddOns and select the "mod" in your ingame mod browser. You will have everything from A2, plus menues, UI, errors, errors and more errors. There should be some decent people around who can really port mods and ... well, whole games but this is the fastest way.

The problems are that none of the old models have physics, nor chest vests or helmets, so they cant carry any ammo. Vehicle dont have physic, just the old ones from A2, also they just drive with idle sounds because the new engine wants proper sounds for each 500 RPM...

Then you cannot run with pistols, or when you dont have any weapons (with old models though)... and some other weird bugs I heard of... didnt played the alpha for myself yet, dont got a key so far corze I wanted to wait for the alpha so people can check it out and keep me posted about A3 in general and stuff...

LJ

I got it to work, thanks :D But like you said, many bugs and many things are missing. Im just gonna play with Chernarus and Utes for a while, they seem to work pretty good.

Our awesome community will probably do a "proper" port of A2 stuff soon enough :)

I tried porting over my F18 mod, but Iran into a few issues, one was the issue of Gravity, physics does not apply to the aircraft as stated above. Also you can't take off, not sure if this is just because there are no planes to base it off of, or something along those lines. But i did set a this moveinDriver command and I moved a player intothe pilot seat while flying, but this is the only way it ended up working for me, any other suggestions are appreciated.

looks good ive just put the eurofighter typhoon acroos to arma 3 but sound doesnt work i thought they wouldn't, and when you try and fire you get bad frame jumps but at least it shows it can be done... hear a link of it action in hd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XPyqhQmcLM&feature=youtu.be just uploaded so may take 10 min to get hd screen

hmm so yours flies? mine does not fly unless I start it in the air. did you port all of your other arma stuff over first?

hi mate no i just copyed the jet files across i did start as a man on the ground and picked the aircraft from the empty list

Did the bodge job port, the models all hold the weapons 10 cm below where they should be....

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

how could they not notice? it listed everywhere even on steam it says Arma 3 Alpha is it was just Arma 3 then maybe but it is kinda clear

i just made all the arma 1 maps and fallujah and utes work in the alpha :-D caa1 is sompattible

how could they not notice? it listed everywhere even on steam it says Arma 3 Alpha is it was just Arma 3 then maybe but it is kinda clear

Perhaps a lot of casual buyers don't even know what an alpha is, and they just assume it's part of a cool sounding name :)

+1 ... sry but I really had to say that! PLEASE no DayZ. Keep ArmA for its own kinda of players :D

May I ask why people want this? I never played much ArmA 2, but I played a decent amount of DayZ...but I'm just not seeing the issue.

May I ask why people want this? I never played much ArmA 2, but I played a decent amount of DayZ...but I'm just not seeing the issue.

Hello there

OFP/Arma etc have a dedicated and sometimes hard core following and many see Dayz as a dumbing down/kids version of their beloved milsim.

I too felt that way at first.

Now I realise that both can exist side by side.

Another issue is that the viral popularity of DAYZ has bought many gaming "tourists" to Arma, some of whom are lovely but many of whom are twatty TK'ing/Mission ruining fools.

They were there before DAYZ but not in so large numbers. It also does not take many idiots to wreck a perfectly good game. So their impact is multiplied.

Plus the forums are also being affected with many improper postings, lack of rule observations etc. This gives DAYZ players somewhat of a tarnished image to many Arma stalwarts.

In a ven diagram traditional ofp/arma players on the whole wont overlap with DAYZ players and see them as irritating "little brothers"

Obviously this is a vague gesture to the issues and I am aware there are more deep seated problems at play here as well.

The best thing to do is keep all your DAYZ thoughts on the DAYZ forums and your Milsim thoughts here.

Rgds

LoK