Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

@haleks I really dont want to be that guy who would point his finger around but...that MyST (dev build) is publicly released/ can i get it somewhere officialy? If not then i feel like the rules of the Thread are unfair.....Iam really sorry for being that guy, but it seems that devbuilds hurt and are not allowed to be posted (if they aint public)

25 minutes ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

@haleks I really dont want to be that guy who would point his finger around but...that MyST (dev build) is publicly released/ can i get it somewhere officialy? If not then i feel like the rules of the Thread are unfair.....Iam really sorry for being that guy, but it seems that devbuilds hurt and are not allowed to be posted (if they aint public)

MyST will be released in a few days; everything on those shots however can be achieved via scripting in a vanilla setting... So far MyST is just that : a bunch of scripts, but configured to be ready-to-use.

I guess I could change the label to mention that...

My bad, i wasnt aware i was just doing quick search and didnt found anything, apologies for accusing, its sad to what it came mainly because of ripped private mods that caused jealousy (i dont support ripped content)

• Like 1

@Kaisharev you recent post in the photography thread has been removed, as it contained content which is not public and has not been released.

@stburr91 - mate, I'm going to be very disappointed if you don't call it "Miller and Me" and make the whole thing a slapstick comedy about how our British friend always ends up in hot water. 😄

Srsly though, colour me interested!

• Like 1

@BeastHunter love your last lot of pics. After seeing that german column, I thought the next few pics would be them vs a disabled Sherman, a la Fury

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NyteMyre said:

What is the reason behind these 2 rules?

Do you really need an answer to that? Seems rather self-explanatory. Don't you already have a arma photography page on reddit which once had those rules as well? At least, up until you guys felt the need to remove them...

2 minutes ago, NyteMyre said:

Yes i do

Ah, alright then. I'm sure one of the moderators here can educate you.

On 6/8/2020 at 4:55 PM, NyteMyre said:

At least for the majority of us it is, but can't really speak for you. Some don't catch on as quick as others. Does make me understand a bit better though why you guys would remove that rule from your own photography page now; you just don't know what any of that stuff means. So now you seek the answers you need from somewhere that has a much better understanding of it all.

When you edit your posts like that, it just puts everything out of context. Had you said that sooner, I would have left it at that. Otherwise, just seemed to me that you were fishing for bait. Why else would a 'moderator' come here questioning a rule such as this? 'Do not post stolen/ripped/IP violating content'
Does it really make sense for an official forum for a game/company to allow stolen/ripped/IP violating content be displayed? Sounds rather unprofessional.

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Quotes of banned user removed

On 6/8/2020 at 4:10 PM, NyteMyre said:

What is the reason behind these 2 rules?

*  "Private addons" should not be used in screenshots

Private Addons have been banned here for sometime, as some users were posting content that was labelled as "Private Addons".  And we have found in the past "Private Addons" to contain content stolen from other games, ripped content, stolen from perhaps other Arma3 addons etc. Basically anything this is not publicly downloadable can't be displayed in photography thread. 

* Do not post stolen/ripped/IP violating content

This should have been quite clear, these are the official forums of all Bohemia Interactive Games, so it wouldn't be right for stolen, ripped, or content related to intellectual property (IP) to be allowed. For example Star Wars addons are banned as they fall under Disney's IP. @FallujahMedic -FM-i am sure you would be able add further regarding IP Copyright etc.

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Quote regarding attempted justification removed
  • Thanks 7

@stburr91 "CTRG recon team extraction by Huron."  Is this some new sp mission by you coming up? 🤤

On 7/18/2020 at 8:54 AM, jonstyle said:

@stburr91 "CTRG recon team extraction by Huron."  Is this some new sp mission by you coming up? 🤤

I'm afraid not. I haven't done any mission editing in a couple of months, I've been busy with other things.

• Sad 1

@Honger please correct your recent submission or it will be removed from the thread.

Mods: OPTRE, Polpox, all static animation mods available on steam workshop

Please list all the static animation mods by name, just saying "all static animation mods available on steam workshop" is no good.

Edit - 14/09/20 - Post has been removed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Where is the Photography thread, It's disappeared.

Clicking on a link to the thread is giving me Error code: 2F173/O

34 minutes ago, EO said:

Where is the Photography thread, It's disappeared.

Clicking on a link to the thread is giving me Error code: 2F173/O

Fixed, thread is back.

• Thanks 1