Jump to content
Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zhivets said:

Looks like Pecher for the map and Special Divisions of Russia for the units.

Here is links to both mods.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708597484&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547910480&searchtext=

 

Thanks, I was interested in a Post-Sovietic Grozny-like map 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I think the map is Helvantis : it has a ruined city with those models.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LordLoko said:

 

Thanks, I was interested in a Post-Sovietic Grozny-like map 

sorry that did not indicate the mods used. Thank you Zhivets, these are the mods I used.  

P.S 

I'm using Google translator, so sorry for my english . By the way, if this war is of interest, I advise you to look. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/245msp

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fingolfin said:

 

Thanks! :satisfied:

Have you started a thread on that AAF Mod? I would love to see more and i have a few questions 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jeza  Which map is it that has the red poppy fields?

NE6LPpC.jpg

Beautiful pic by the way.

 

Really want to start doing WW2 pics...but when i try, I realise how little I know about gear and equipment used by each side :D I have a lot of documentaries to watch...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

@jeza  Which map is it that has the red poppy fields?

I'm pretty sure that's the Coleville map from IFA3. And if you want to learn about uniforms, the Osprey Men At Arms books are a good place to start.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zhivets Like direone said, your recent picture you posted is indeed very beautiful, these to irl pictures came to my mind:

 



1348070646_emociuri-fotoebi10.jpg

 

russian-soldier-playing-an-abandoned-pia

 

Thank you and keep up the great work!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 5:26 PM, John Gordon said:

British Soldiers in France, pushing deeper into Nazi Occupied Europe.

 

 

Mods used: Rismarcks Pose Pack, IFA3, GIEST

hey man, you might want to go in to video settings and alter your aspect ratio, it looks like its not in accordance with your monitor and as a result the game is drawing things too wide. this causes some weird image distortion. it looks like a 16:9 ratio or  maybe something taller stretched to a 1:2 screen, and according to the imgur link, the resolution there is 1834 × 981 which is pretty much a 1:2 ratio.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

hey man, you might want to go in to video settings and alter your aspect ratio, it looks like its not in accordance with your monitor and as a result the game is drawing things too wide. this causes some weird image distortion. it looks like a 16:9 ratio or  maybe something taller stretched to a 1:2 screen, and according to the imgur link, the resolution there is 1834 × 981 which is pretty much a 1:2 ratio.

He might be doing this to run arma smoother. As if you just lower the resolution it might make the image blurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Professor Death said:

Never knew this existed...wow...haha

 

Great works as always @direone, what mod did you use for the backpack in this lovely image?

 

UGUplh2.jpg

 

Private stuff mate 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rismarck

Ehy mat the map in the last pic is from wich mod is from? Oh and btw now that i'm here happy christmas and holidays to everyone guys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, direone said:

@Rismarck

Ehy mat the map in the last pic is from wich mod is from? Oh and btw now that i'm here happy christmas and holidays to everyone guys!

It's Beton's Hurtgenwald map from ArmA II with some minor additions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zhivets said:

It's Beton's Hurtgenwald map from ArmA II with some minor additions.

 

Thanks mate so i have to download the old a2 map? @Zhivets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, direone said:

 

Thanks mate so i have to download the old a2 map? @Zhivets

Yeah, you can install it manually as you would any other map from Armaholic. Make sure you have CUP Core enabled as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some thoughts about light in ArmA: open Eden and place a person inside a building near a window. Switch to camera and try to take a picture. 

In reallife you can get awesome light moods with this. But when you try it in splendid camera you can notice a slight glow on people. Also the room itself seems to be light emmitand. 

Try to change daytime and watch sunlight falling into that room. The resulting radiation inside seems not to response that much. 

Other example: watch the inside placed person through a window from outside. It seems to me, that the room looks strangely  bright. When I’m looking from outside into a building with no lights on, it mud be darker. Especially in summer at 12 am with no clouds. 

 

So is there a way to kill any light emission except sun or moonlight? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! new to the forums and would like to add to the photography page. I am a noob when it comes to a lot of things about images in general. My main problem right now is how do I make an image under 100kb so it can be posted? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Davewinkleman said:

Hey all! new to the forums and would like to add to the photography page. I am a noob when it comes to a lot of things about images in general. My main problem right now is how do I make an image under 100kb so it can be posted? 

The 100kb rule doesn't apply anymore. It was rule which was used back when OFP was released and lot of users were still using ISDN or Dial Up Modem. Most if not all users are on faster connections nowadays :f:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×