Jump to content
Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

Recommended Posts

@M. Glade, most things usually just wash over me, but there's something bordering on offensive with those pics and captions....especially the last one. Or maybe I just don't get the humour.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@M. Glade, most things usually just wash over me, but there's something bordering on offensive with those pics and captions....especially the last one. Or maybe I just don't get the humour.  

 

 

I think it's a bad attempt at humor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@M. Glade please watch your language when posting things in the photo thread. Also please correct your signature and profile. So it falls in the line with the forum rules.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

@M. Glade please watch your language when posting things in the photo thread. Also please correct your signature and profile. So it falls in the line with the forum rules.

 

Hello @R0adki11, I'm sorry but I don't think "retard" or "shit" is exactly abusive or hateful language, as it's not targeted to any specific person or group. There are more vulgar things said in the prologue of the campaign than what I have in my signature, after all, this is a PG16 community.

 

My signature is a placeholder, I'll change it for you now anyway as I agree its not exactly ehm, professional? 

 

10 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@M. Glade, most things usually just wash over me, but there's something bordering on offensive with those pics and captions....especially the last one. Or maybe I just don't get the humour.  

 

I'm sorry to you @Evil Organ if you see virtual people in the form of pixels being offended, but last time I've checked the rules its not a problem to call a non-existence fictional man "retard". If anyone believes I've offended them, they should directly speak to me or report it a moderator, but since pixels can't get offended, I can't do anything! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....maybe a simple " :thumbsdown: dislike this" option would have sufficed in this particular situation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

.....maybe a simple " :thumbsdown: dislike this" option would have sufficed in this particular situation.

 

Exactly mate. People are entitled to their own likes and dislikes, but moderator enforcement for something that may be seen to some as "bordering offensive", no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, M. Glade said:

 

Exactly mate. People are entitled to their own likes and dislikes, but moderator enforcement for something that may be seen to some as "bordering offensive", no. 

People are entitled to there own dislikes, but using that word is not very nice nor appropriate. Also you not be aware but discussing forum moderation is against the forum rules. 

 

Quote

18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator ( @BohemiaBeck ), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

 

Now lets get back on topic. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RabbitSniper digging the winter gear, but I'm assuming it's all private? Not seeing a mod in your list that has that stuff (except the snowshoes, those are from TRYK if I'm remembering correctly)

 

edit: dangit, I don't know how to do the tagging thingy apparently. Hopefully he sees this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mynock said:

@RabbitSniper digging the winter gear, but I'm assuming it's all private? Not seeing a mod in your list that has that stuff (except the snowshoes, those are from TRYK if I'm remembering correctly)

 

edit: dangit, I don't know how to do the tagging thingy apparently. Hopefully he sees this.

Not private, just not released yet. Shouldn't be too long judging by how it is coming together

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RabbitSniper curious: from which mod is the (I presume) M4A1 with under barrel GL and vertical grip visible in your latest photo set (US Army Rangers Caught In A Ambush In Baghdad)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ASmallDinosaur said:

Hey, does anyone know where I can find the vest that the guy with the FAL is wearing? Image

That mod has been removed from the workshop as it was using assets illegally ripped from DayZ and other games and mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

That mod has been removed from the workshop as it was using assets illegally ripped from DayZ and other games and mods.

 

@BAMSLAM If that's the case, photos in the thread should not feature content illegally ripped from Dayz or any other games. As in this example Dayz content is protected by an EULA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

 

@BAMSLAM If that's the case, photos in the thread should not feature content illegally ripped from Dayz or any other games. As in this example Dayz content is protected by an EULA.

That will involve removing a LOT of pics...Dozens of them feature that Deep Zone mod..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

That will involve removing a LOT of pics...Dozens of them feature that Deep Zone mod..

 

Well my personal opinion is that it is the author of the screenshot(s) responsibility to post only legal photos and nothing else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh absolute. All i meant was, we can keep an eye going forward for pics using that stuff, and just write off the previous ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, damn I was unaware of this. I kept the mod because I wanted to do some private texture work and just never bothered to see if it had been removed. I apologies for it and will refrain from using it in the future. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice shots guys. @ineptaphid: The picture of "Triple Nickel",the third one. From what mod are those uniforms? I searched TRYK but couldn´t find that texture. Are they part of BFST?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, carlosxx said:

Nice shots guys. @ineptaphid: The picture of "Triple Nickel",the third one. From what mod are those uniforms? I searched TRYK but couldn´t find that texture. Are they part of BFST?

The hoodies? They are part of Tryk-just with a different texture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HHas something changed with the splendid camera, or have i just forgotten how to use it?? I used to easily make these crazy skies and sunsets by messing  with the aperture and the time of day etc..But now i just cannot do it.

I spent 20 mins trying to make the sky red today... Like these old pics i did- I want to recreate the style of them. 

3381CIA.jpg

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×