Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

11 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Well the rules of the thread are, that you must list all your addons. All content should be public, as we don't allow 'private' addons. Please see the first page of the thread for rules: 

Yes, I have read them, I read always rules before posting, thank you for the details.  So if the mod is public but the texture is private, it's ok ? (it's not clear in the rules)

10 hours ago, Jack Ost said:

Yes, I have read them, I read always rules before posting, thank you for the details.  So if the mod is public but the texture is private, it's ok ? (it's not clear in the rules)

No its not ok if the texture is private. To post here all content must be publicly available. Hence why it says no private addons.

And to clarify even more, being "Publicly available" does not indicate that a mod is "legal" or "legit". The Steam Workshop (as well as other mod platforms) contains a lot of ripped/stolen content. 

• Like 2

Ok, thank you for the clarifications. And sorry for violating the rules.

@jeza, just curious how you manage to achieve posting a much larger screenshot. I usually post my screenshots via Imgur at the same resolution as yourself (2560x1440) however my screenshots are much smaller....

3 hours ago, EO said:

@jeza, just curious how you manage to achieve posting a much larger screenshot. I usually post my screenshots via Imgur at the same resolution as yourself (2560x1440) however my screenshots are much smaller....

Hey, it must be habbit but I always use imgur and use their embed link to post here.

• Like 2

Thanks buddy! I'll try that embedded link on my next screenshot. :icon_biggrin:

On 10/3/2019 at 11:02 PM, CameronMcDonald said:

@Laqueesha - I was doing the same thing just the other day, while taking the RHS Strykers out for a spin. :icon14:

Long live the IBA! 😉

• Haha 1

@PapaBear56your last post had to removed as the screenshot included content not publicly available. 

Mod: personal Pose Pack, ASCZ_Heads, Faces of war, IFA3_AIO_LITE, POLPOX's Artwork Supporter,

Your pose pack is not available to download?

@YanYatCheng your recent screenshot post has been removed, a private addons/mods are not permitted.

Greetings all, its been a while since i shown up on forums, and iam thinking about posting pictures on forums again, wanted to ask ...is posting screenshots with content thats in development build/release candidate allowed?

WIP/Development screenshots should ideally be in their own WIP/Dev thread. The Arma 3 photography should only be used for "Arma 3 user made screenshots only. "Private addons" should not be used in screenshots, only public addons."

• Like 1

I know you will you use as excuse "8t was before rules began" but... Wasn't for example Padrino posting pictures with Dev version of RHS with his private poses? 

like i get the whole idea of Private mods as mostly not always it been an ripped content, but what i dont understand is not being allowed to post content thats Already released but few parts of the content in the screenshot is from future update. "WIP/Development screenshots should ideally be in their own WIP/Dev thread" but isnt the Screenshots posted here even a nice way to promote an addon thats going through development?...i just dont get the whole idea of not being allowed to post screenshots of something thats public but just "outdated"

8 minutes ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

like i get the whole idea of Private mods as mostly not always it been an ripped content, but what i dont understand is not being allowed to post content thats Already released but few parts of the content in the screenshot is from future update. "WIP/Development screenshots should ideally be in their own WIP/Dev thread" but isnt the Screenshots posted here even a nice way to promote an addon thats going through development?...i just dont get the whole idea of not being allowed to post screenshots of something thats public but just "outdated"

The obvious abuse being that anyone could then post screenshots using private mods and simply say it's 'in development'. The best rules don't require second-guessing of peoples' motives.

"using private mods and saying in development" Please do read it again...i stated that the addon is already released but just this specific content would be from upcoming build.

Don't see what difference that makes (there's no certainty such things will ever be released), much better if people can look at the screenshots posted here and know that whatever they see is available for DL. Pretty sure the distinction was made when people were sharing 'early access' builds of 'in development' updates with patreon backers thereby effectively monetizing mod access. A simple rule forestalls inevitable abuse and jealousy.

54 minutes ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

"using private mods and saying in development" Please do read it again...i stated that the addon is already released but just this specific content would be from upcoming build.

That maybe so, but that content is not released so therefore it falls under 'private addons'. Easiest thing to is just to stick to the rules of the thread, its quite simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

That maybe so, but that content is not released so therefore it falls under 'private addons'. Easiest thing to is just to stick to the rules of the thread, its quite simple. 

Fair enough

On 2/19/2020 at 5:06 PM, jonstyle said:

@ShiftyzZ-98 where did you get the flipped up coms on the Airframe bro?

Thats part of USP, but this was only for picture, how i did it was by use of polpox and simpleobject editor i called in the classname of the OPSCORE helmet with flipped peltors and made rest of helmet invisible (via the simple object editor) and then just moved it close to the Airframe

To say in short, its a visual thing for picture, it isnt possible in game, yet.