Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

sadly, its just trickery. I took 3 separate shots. one where they all had tactical vests, one where they all had ALICE, and one where the two on the right had the holster and the side bag thing. then I just combined them all. on a somewhat unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I've seen a handful of vests configed into the backpack slot. perhaps making the ALICE webbing a backpack could work, but i wouldn't know where to begin with that. its too bad the DHI holster in the glasses slot won't accept the sidearm proxy system.

You crafty bastard you lol. I was actually thinking about asking DH about that, maybe adding the holster to the NVG slot too and (I'm being greedy with this one) maybe putting a stand in pistol model into the holster for the glasses/nvg spot. 

Anyway, great job with that pic! 

did you photo shop the turned up BDU's ? I agree with Dark Specter, it's a great picture, had to do a double take.. have you got it in Higher res?

6 hours ago, road runner said:

did you photo shop the turned up BDU's ? I agree with Dark Specter, it's a great picture, had to do a double take.. have you got it in Higher res?

yeah, the cuffed pant legs were also done with photo editing, put a guy off to the side with rolled sleeves and just copy and pasted the rolled parts over onto the pants lol. unfortunately, I cropped the shit out of the shot so there isn't anything in a higher resolution. in order to get a perspective similar to the original, I had to back the camera up a lot. but that would also make the scene a lot bigger and leave a lot of negative space with no reference on how it would look since the original was only so big. also had to make sure the backdrop was all in frame, if it was much bigger you'd probably figure out that I set the scene up in the virtual reality terrain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad to hear that. Is there a list of mods that get your screenshots removed? I'm sorry, I didn't do screenshots for quite some time

5 hours ago, _Krok said:

Is there a list of mods that get your screenshots removed?

Any mods that violate anyone's IP or any other laws.

A list of all mods that do that would frankly be too long.

From experience, I can say car and building mods that are used in the Arma RPG scene are 90+% bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nicolia'z said:

Mods:Takisatan maps,TFR,Nato rus weapon,Jsoc unifrom,Polpox,Nikotan,RHS

FA411F82F738037DAB9D5C23862874CA2C32A6AF

A954C387AAA5A46FEC1EB864F466AF4505D5E972

Please! let me know , which is best?

I prefer the bottom picture. 

• Like 2

Agreed. I like the cooler color pallet on the bottom. But that's always been my preference overall, even when it comes to sharers and such in other games. So what do I know. 😄

@wsxcgy nice last picture.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/138904-arma-3-photography-pictures-only-no-comments-and-list-your-addons-used/?do=findComment&comment=3351491

From which mod come these multicam cunico's g3 pants with the grey pcu jacket? 

I'd love to have such rangers style unit to play with.

7 hours ago, papanowel said:

@wsxcgy nice last picture.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/138904-arma-3-photography-pictures-only-no-comments-and-list-your-addons-used/?do=findComment&comment=3351491

From which mod come these multicam cunico's g3 pants with the grey pcu jacket? 

I'd love to have such rangers style unit to play with.

that'd be a ripped mod my man (most likely)

Right, I see. Missed to notice it was a mod that uses items from a prohibited mod.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, bludski said:

Evgeny and Yuri is recon. RHSAFRF + RHS*redacted*

Can someone explain to me why @bludski seems to be allowed to post screenshots of his WIP mod in the photography thread but other people can't show their WIP mods?

You are correct. User has been warned and I will take it down momentarily. 

Please be sure to report such items for a more timely response. I only noticed your post because I follow this thread @BLKOUT666 

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
added additional text
  • Thanks 1

Is YuEmod still forbidden in here? It's completely free, publicly available and afaik doesn't contain any ripped models. So I cannot see why this doesn't comply with the Gestap... I mean BI Forum policy. I'm really just curios what's the reason for banning this mod.

10 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

The author violated the commercial use aspect of the license by charging people for its release. 

Did he really do that? My Russian is less than good and I have to rely on online translation, but AFAIK he asked for a certain amount of donations to release it, never got it, talked a few times about not releasing anything at all, pulled the old version from the workshop, added it back and now released the new version of the mod for free. My point being: a lot of unnecessary drama, but as far as I’m aware he never charged people for early/full access.

But of course, maybe you know more than I do regarding this.