Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

On 9/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, ingram said:

Guess which Move I have in mind?

TdDa59N.jpg

FOW, Firewill F-14

Final Countdown one of my favorite movies.

• Like 1

On 12.9.2018 at 8:15 AM, mfederico4484 said:

Final Countdown one of my favorite movies.

A high yo yo 

3 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@psk_whiplash Your post has been hidden as it contains banned mods (VSM). 

Sorry been away from the forums for a while , why is VSM banned? something happened?

ohhh, sorry.. didn't knew about that.. iam newbie here.. why no star wars mods tho? third party content, ripped models or what wrong with them? are halo, stalker etc mods allowed?

You've been a member since 2016, hardly a newbie. Star Wars content is banned due its violation of the IP holder's rights. Additionally, it was ripped from the officially licensed Star Wars games. They forbid its use outside of its Licensees. The one Halo mod (Operation Trebuchet,  I think its called) has the blessing of Bungie and Stalker (the old one, not the new one) also has consent from the IP rights holder. 

1 minute ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

You've been a member since 2016, hardly a newbie. Star Wars content is banned due its violation of the IP holder's rights. Additionally, it was ripped from the officially licensed Star Wars games. They forbid its use outside of its Licensees. The one Halo mod (Operation Trebuchet,  I think its called) has the blessing of Bungie and Stalker (the old one, not the new one) also has consent from the IP rights holder. 

well, i've could have registered here back in 2016 for some unknown reason.. but if you check my activity you can see i haven't been here since then not a single time until a maybe week ago or so when i've started making pics and wanted to share them here.. so i've surprisingly run into this account because my email was already taken.. so yeah, iam technically newbie.. anyway, would be nice if you'd link me for next time on some list where i can find all forbbiden mods, i cant see anything specific in guidelines nor rules

There is no "list of banned mods" as such, but common sense should always be used before posting content. This is not Garry's mod.

The rule of thumb to follow is "Content from any other game should be considered banned unless it  has explicit permission from the license holder". 

but if you check my activity

..There is such a thing as browsing without logging in. The correct term is "lurking". There are multiple posts throughout the forum regarding Star Wars  (and other mods) being banned. 

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
added text

2 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@BAMSLAM @KikoMazar @SuicideCommando Your posts have been removed. Star Wars mods are FORBIDDEN on this forum. 

Sorry I'm a little confused, I don't remember posting any star wars content recently? I also haven't received an email saying my post was hidden.

so I see there's no proper, comprehensive list of things people shouldn't post, but maybe something like that should be put together? I think it would benefit a lot of people if the rules they are expected to abide by were actually put forth rather than being baselessly expected. you'd think and hope common sense would be enough but a lot of people don't know better and don't share your same sensibilities. I mean, only one in four people actually seem to read forum rules, but what damage would it do? certainly less damage than persecuting people over regulations they haven't been fully made aware of.

• Like 7

@BAMSLAM @SuicideCommando As frequent posters you should be aware of the rules by now. Whilst you didn't post the content, you commented on known banned content, that was the sole reason you were mentioned. 

16) Report rule violations

If you see a violation of these rules on the board, do not reply in the thread but send a PM to a moderator or use the "Report Post" link (next to the date/time of post) instead. Replying in the thread will be considered as spam. Reporting posts contributes to a well structured, well disciplined forum which benefits everyone.

@wsxcgy I'll start from the end of your comment and work backwards. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. "I'm sorry officer, I didn't know what the speed limit was..." Presence on this forum is based upon a users agreement to abide by our rules. Based on your 1 in 4 comment, it sounds like 3 people will deserve the infractions/ban they may receive. Throughout our rules, you will see reference to  (i'm paraphrasing here) if you have a question or are unsure, ask a moderator. When in doubt, ask a moderator. 

As for the Ban list, I think its a great idea.

I'll go first:

1. Anything that is ripped from another game without legal consent. When in doubt, ask a moderator.

2. An edit of someone else's work without consent. When in doubt, ask a moderator.

3. A re-upload to the Steam Workshop in which you are not an authorised contributor. When in doubt, ask a moderator.
  4. Anything by Vanschmoozin (VSM, Project Zenith, or any edits, retextures of it). When in doubt, ask a moderator.
  5. Anything by KickAss (KA) they are all ripped from other games without consent. When in doubt, ask a moderator.
  6. Any Star Wars content. When in doubt, ask a moderator.

7. Any mod which has the potential to cause trouble for the community (i.e. Las Vegas shooting). When in doubt, ask a moderator.
  8. Jonzie Mod pack. 
  9. When in doubt, ask a moderator. 

17) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator ( @ BohemiaBeck ), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

Hope this clears things up for those 3 out of 4 people. 

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Added Jonzie
  • Like 11

@FallujahMedic -FM- Is the VSM Uniforms / VSM All In One mod that's still on the Steam Workshop banned? I keep hearing conflicting statements about whether VSM is banned or just the specific mod that had content from other games.

On 25/9/2018 at 10:12 AM, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

the Ban list,

This should might be good to be appearing at the front page of the topic as well.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@section 20 Your post has been hidden as it contains banned mods (Jonzie). Has received DMCA takedown on SW. 

Ahh bollocks didn't know he was banned. My bad. Only dl'd the forklift for that shot lol :) will make a new set minus the forklift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2018 at 11:00 AM, section 20 said:

Ahh bollocks didn't know he was banned. My bad. Only dl'd the forklift for that shot lol :) will make a new set minus the forklift.

I think there's some lifts in one of the addons by poolpunk. PLP containers or something. you might look there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

I think there's some lifts in one of the addons by poolpunk. PLP containers or something. you might look there.

Thanks mate. I substituted the offending one out for a PLP one.

Had originally wanted someone driving one of the forklifts, but eventually went with another pose for the driver, so the static ones were fine. 

So all's good in the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, section 20 said:

@BAMSLAM Love the vertical phone style shots, mate. :thumb: Great idea.

Thanks man!

• Like 1

You guys have been killing in recently on the screenshots, the entire last page is really good.  

• Like 4