Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

As ZackTactical34 said 

17 hours ago, ZackTactical34 said:

All I do is add the pictures I took to my screenshot directory on Steam. Next, I click on the pic in my screenshot folder (need to click it twice so a separate page opens) and then copy the link at the top of the page. Paste it in a thread here on the forums and it's all done (automatically displays image). :welcome:

This option also works for edited pictures or any picture you want to post, simply upload your edited picture to steam Arma 3 artwork set to private or public that's your choice then follow the steps above its very easy and never fails.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello there @thedon  !

Can you tell me exacly the mods of the first picture, about the gear and the winter map?

Because i was looking for this , from some old picture .

Spoiler
9 hours ago, thedon said:

F2F4C5B85C9B464D03DA1D68675B11D83652C7DD

Thanks !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

from some old picture .

I found it.!

Might be also the same mod ?

Spoiler

nzwACB72QmS_q3dSsbovFA.jpg

• Like 1

Photo issues seem to be an issue between imgur and bohemia, as using html code makes the images work

• Thanks 1

how would one do that?

21 hours ago, TheCr8rMaker said:

Photo issues seem to be an issue between imgur and bohemia, as using html code makes the images work

BI Web team are aware of the issue and are hoping to resolve the issue soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys, just use the Steam pics for now. It's accessible to everyone (since Arma 3 is only available on Steam), and it is quite easy to do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Hooray for BI realising :)

• Like 1

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but figured you good folks might know: Are there any pose/animation packs that work with Ryan's Zombies and Demons?

13 hours ago, Shiloh said:

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but figured you good folks might know: Are there any pose/animation packs that work with Ryan's Zombies and Demons?

I actually intend to work on some zombie-themed animations in the future. But they will not work on actual zombies. You'll need to do a workaround by spawning a civilian or something and changing its face to that of a Zombie, then the animations will work on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zhivets said:

I actually intend to work on some zombie-themed animations in the future. But they will not work on actual zombies. You'll need to do a workaround by spawning a civilian or something and changing its face to that of a Zombie, then the animations will work on it.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

On 6/30/2018 at 6:10 PM, R0adki11 said:

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed? Are imgur images working on the forums again?

On 08/07/2018 at 12:14 AM, stburr91 said:

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed? Are imgur images working on the forums again?

Not for me, although maybe I need to flush my cashe. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeza said:

Not for me, although maybe I need to flush my cashe. 

I will chase it up with our community manager to find out if the webteam have resolved the issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I will chase it up with our community manager to find out if the webteam have resolved the issue.

Thanks R0adki11

Here’s a question for those in the know.

It appears the drama of the VSM/Zenith mods have come to a head with the threads being permanently closed and mentions of bans.

Where does this leave groups who’ve adopted stuff from these modpacks? Are they allowed to post pics on the forums? I don’t want to know the rules, I want to know how they’ll be applied in this specific case. The reason I ask is there seems to be some grey areas.

First and foremost, one post from the author asked players not to upload or distribute either mod, then he posted they were working on ‘cleaning up’ the modpack.

Next, without getting back into the whole ripping drama and debate, some of the content was original. As an extreme example, VSM started as a fancy retexture mod.

I’m sure I’m not the only one with these questions.

• Like 2

You might find yourself being accused of continuing discussion of a closed thread. Go carefully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree this is a sensitive matter and to be clear, I’m not asking about the closed thread nor want to discuss why it was closed.

Like many, I integrated the above mods in my mod pack. It should be a fair question of whether I can post screenshots that include the mod or not.

I honestly have no clue of the right answer because of the reasons detailed.

It would be ironic to be considered as breaking one rule by trying to avoid breaking another.

1 minute ago, Rich_R said:

It would be ironic to be considered as breaking one rule by trying to avoid breaking another.

Which is why I mention it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich_R said:

I agree this is a sensitive matter and to be clear, I’m not asking about the closed thread nor want to discuss why it was closed.

Like many, I integrated the above mods in my mod pack. It should be a fair question of whether I can post screenshots that include the mod or not.

I honestly have no clue of the right answer because of the reasons detailed.

The author of VSM was banned from these forums, for using content in his addons which was stolen from other games. I would not post any screenshots using those addon on these forums, as you would be in violation of our forum rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fair enough.

Thanks for the prompt answer!

• Thanks 1