Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

1 minute ago, thebuckfastwine said:

When friends go afk

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/138904-arma-3-photography-pictures-only-no-comments-and-list-your-addons-used/?page=212&tab=comments#comment-3298544

Your last idea with this picture was very fun !

I can't imagine what this guy did after this !

47 minutes ago, thebuckfastwine said:

@section 20 your re-upload of pictures didnae work for me mate, I'm sure they will fix it tomorrow ah wait its tomorrow now lol

@thebuckfastwine No idea if it's me or not. I've not used imgur before and I might be doing something stupid, lol. 

If it's still buggered, I'll get the wife too look at it. she'll ken :)

• Like 1

I'm also having issues seeing images. however, it would seem that imgur just updated its website, and maybe that is messing with embedded images in some way. very strange.

• Like 2

Sorry Guys but does anyone know what is this?

Why it says hidden?

(spam ?)

ryuCtz_fRx_uPASTDSYzSg.png

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

I'm also having issues seeing images. however, it would seem that imgur just updated its website, and maybe that is messing with embedded images in some way. very strange.

27 minutes ago, VolumeInfinite said:

Wait, others are having issues with embedding Imgur too? what's the solution everyones been using?

I only see a handful of images too. I always assumed it was me but we recently upgraded our internet connection and it's still occuring.

So I had the Mrs show me how to make them visible (it was sharing them to the community it seems) if it persists though.  I will try @GEORGE FLOROS GR suggestion and try lightshot.

• Like 1

Just wanting to gather an opinion here. I've used both RealDust and Real Light 7 in Arma for my screenshots, and both add a great deal of depth and colour variety to block out that "greyish" vibe that A3 has going on. 

Do people prefer Real Light 7? Or is the true king RealDust? (For cinematic shots). 

I just can't choose between the two

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Sorry Guys but does anyone know what is this?

Why it says hidden?

(spam ?)

I guess the spam filter got too eager which meant your post needed approving :f:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Imgur probably is the issue. I'm using  lightshot

I ditched imgur last time this happened. Been using puush ever since.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flinty said:

I've used both RealDust and Real Light 7

Hello there Flinty !

There is also the ReColor - post process effects mod from @Greenfist

@Flinty Regarding the floating bomb trolleys. Enablesimulation false on the trolly and the ship? I find some objects like to move a little without the enablesim false argument, as they settle.

Hmm alright, cheers. I thought it might be an issue with perhaps an issue with the LHD itself, but I’ll experiment nonetheless 

• Like 1

My favourite is as GEORGE FLOROS said ReColor by @Greenfist I find it helps me recreate real life pictures as I see them in real life as for uploading I just use simple upload from steam screenshots. Flinty cracking shots there you posted I've got a fully working uss freedom deck with lots going on i'll post it up during the week if I have time. As section 20 said disable simulation and turn of surface snapping and vertical mode I find it stops moving around. Section 20 will drop you a pm soon

• Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, EO said:

Damn shame, my last one's a beaut....:eyeheart: 

So true cracking shot there. now that I can see it lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Foxoneno of your pictures are loading, only the URL one works.

@R0adki11Thanks, trying to fix it. I think Imgur is broken or something. I have seen broken images on the forums for about a week now. Again i think it is Imgur, but it might just be the forums itself.

EDIT: i think i fixed it, not sure though!

• Like 4

Just now, Foxone said:

i think it is Imgur

You can see the pics from the other uploaded sites except imgur , so probably this is the problem.

I had something similar a long time ago with lightshot and the procedure was slightly changed and there was a similar effect .

I had then to upload and next go to the details of the pic and take a link from there.

Might be something similar with the imgur , because i don't see any link posted , only the #name.png .

• Like 1

From my recent experience the problem definitely lies with Imgur....but it's intermittent, for instance in the past few days some Imgur images don't show up, then maybe a few hours later those same images do show up!  :headscratch:

A workaround (for me anyway) is to right click the .png link, select Open image in new tab, go to new tab (which is a i.imgur.com page) and hit Reload.       

• Like 5

It's similar for me, as in lots of peoples pics don't show at all. 

As for mine, since I started using steam and linking from there, atleast they're showing up for other people.

• Like 1

I've been dragging the little links that show up in to a new tab to see the image. after I do that, the images tend to load embedded on the original page if you refresh it.

All I do is add the pictures I took to my screenshot directory on Steam. Next, I click on the pic in my screenshot folder (need to click it twice so a separate page opens) and then copy the link at the top of the page. Paste it in a thread here on the forums and it's all done (automatically displays image). :welcome:

• Like 3