Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up the G Cam  mod to function with a controller? I have tried changing every part in the Arma 3 controller section but it does not work. I ended up extracting the G Cam Pbo and found a keybind section, however, I do not know how to add the analog sticks or buttons over to that config file. I barely could find some virtual codes for a normal keyboard and even those dont actually match up with the default keybindings of the G Cam config file.

Here is a part of the default config:

// Camera Move Front ( default : 17 )
#define KEYMOVEFRONT 17

// Camera Move Back ( default : 31 )
#define KEYMOVEBACK 31

// Camera Move Left ( default : 30 )
#define KEYMOVELEFT 30

// Camera Move Right ( default : 32 )
#define KEYMOVERIGHT 32

// Camera Move Up ( default : 16 )
#define KEYMOVEUP 16

// Camera Move Down ( default : 44 )
#define KEYMOVEDOWN 44

// Camera Move Straight Front ( default : 3 )
#define KEYMOVESTRFRONT 3

// Camera Move Straight Back ( default : 45 )
#define KEYMOVESTRBACK 45

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? I would really like to have smooth analog controls while using G Cam for those nice shots. Any help appreciated!

i feel some one needs to make a Scenario of this Malden Civil War 

• Like 1

it's Chernarus ineptaphid, it took ages to find the right location with the terrain running the right way. Here's a picture of the area.

BA5BB36D7F6C63956AD695FFB200D19843F51397

there's nothing better than a cold bottle(s) of thebuckfastwine on a summers day even though the wife says I'm too old to drink it lol.:wine::wine:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, thebuckfastwine said:

it's Chernarus ineptaphid, it took ages to find the right location with the terrain running the right way. Here's a picture of the area.

there's nothing better than a cold bottle(s) of thebuckfastwine on a summers day even though the wife says I'm too old to drink it lol.:wine::wine:

Ha! It is Chernarus...I didnt recognise it with the buildings placed..Nice lighting effect as well.

Agreed about the buckfast..It is great as a teenager to slug a couple of bottles. It does seem a little more...unseemly..to do the same in your 30's lol. 

• Haha 2

Buckie fans....never suspected there were so many jakeys round here..lol. Nice and Sleazies in town used to have it on tap. Can't drink it myself these days but no after party was complete until a pile of buckie bottles were empty. @thebuckfastwine, what are the buildings from? I've been looking at your shots and they are very, very well done. Would never have guessed they were on Chernarus. I've been getting into using buildings recently to build my own wee CQB shots. It's great fun but you don't half spend an eternity scouting for locations. The longer I play this game, the more I feel like a photographers assistant! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LoL, I was hoping when I hit 40 I would give up thebuckfastwine but dam there's always 50 lol. Nice and Sleazies, where else could you get buckfast a giant burger and chips. The buildings are cup some of them are more than one building joined together the main building is built from PLP Materials. I try to create the right atmosphere as if you were in the real place(walk around grounds video on video page)The scouting for places is great fun, sometimes I'll throw an ai in a jeep/car/apc/tank/helo and have them drive/fly me round map scouting locations while I sit back and sip on my wine. 

• Like 2

Nice. I'm going to have to try the PLP stuff. I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to muck about with it yet. Yeah, I do a similar thing. Get a jeep and a driver and just cruise around scouting locations. Someone really needs to do a movie production mod. 

• Like 1

Nothing can quite beat a bottle of fuckfast... Us northern irish have a soft spot for the stuff :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flinty said:

Nothing can quite beat a bottle of fuckfast... Us northern irish have a soft spot for the stuff :P

Wow..there's bloody loads of us here ;) I'm south of the border from you though.

@Thumperdevine  I find that part of making pics very fun-scouting out the exact right place and tailoring loadouts to be just right. Never used ai to chauffeur me about though :D  Also, @POLPOX I think all of us who enjoy Arma photography owe you a massive thanks for making animations so, so easy now!

• Like 3

My only qualm with POLPOX’s work, despite being a work of genius and absolutely amazing to use is that everyone and their dog is now doing cinematic shots and there’s little appreciation for how much work it took to get them “just right” before hand

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Flinty said:

My only qualm with POLPOX’s work, despite being a work of genius and absolutely amazing to use is that everyone and their dog is now doing cinematic shots and there’s little appreciation for how much work it took to get them “just right” before hand

There is really no need for such negative comments, i think POLPOXs work has opened a door to those members of the community who always wanted to do screenshots but never knew how to. I hope with POLPOXs work we will see more great screenshots been posted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Of course I’m not slagging the work in any way, it’s allowed me to learn more and create more content.

I think if I was trying to make a negative comment I’d probably include something negative... After all, loads more people creating a screenshot isn’t negative is it?

6 hours ago, Flinty said:

If the new bottom line for screen shots is that they all simply look better with a bit less effort then good. Let's be honest, the old method could be a nightmare of trial and effort, especially if you were trying to manipulate objects so the darn troopers looked like they were holding them. Maybe when people see how much easier it is it might inspire them to make static animations - Lord knows I need to (i want the time to do a set for Brit weapons and AKs as the current crop do not work that well with the first lot and not brilliantly with AK as they are so often geared to M4 style rifles. 

@ineptaphid, I like just sitting there while the AI is doing the hard work! The thing is, you get a totally different sense of the map when your down at eye level travelling around - so many possibilities appear. I seriously cannot remember the last time I actually played Arma 3. Closest I've got it firing off a few rounds for screenshots purposes. From the looks of Polpox's new additions I might not even have to do that anymore!

So, a bunch of Scots and Irish buckie drinkers - It's turning into Sauchiehall street on a Saturday night around here! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must be missing something, what did POLPOX do?

On 5/17/2018 at 11:44 PM, wsxcgy said:

I must be missing something, what did POLPOX do?

Started a revolution. But seriously, his mod allows units to have the animation applied while still in the editor screen-allowing for very precise placement and instant changes to poses etc.

• Like 6

On 5/20/2018 at 8:57 AM, ineptaphid said:

Started a revolution. But seriously, his mod allows units to have the animation applied while still in the editor screen-allowing for very precise placement and instant changes to poses etc.

For real, his mod changed the game for screenshot addicts haha I literally have no desire to play the game, just endlessly pose in the editor and make new content so i can have more stuff for pics etc then the cycle repeats  lmaoooo :D

• Like 3

Its probably a good thing I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, I've spent enough time playing tactical barbie as it is.

• Like 2

@Jaki care to clarify what "unreleased ww2 mod" is? Do you have a WIP thread on these forums?