Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

@BAMSLAM Your Modern Warfare screenshots are fantastic.

Which mod that you listed includes the red and black camo that some of the Russian units wear? I can't find it.

Thanks

10 hours ago, haleks said:

I am under the impression that this new rule about private addons was made in anger after several screenshots including said addons were posted without permission from their authors. I am tempted to say "Don't share your stuff with people you don't trust - or don't share them at all". This is purely a trust issue between a very few members of the community; imposing a new rule restricting private asset screenshots is not the adequate response, and it keeps a lot of us from sharing our experimentations...

Not 100% accurate, the biggest issue was and always using ported content from other games, which has always been a rule, but there were members stretching this rule, significantly.. the DayZ stuff in particular.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, road runner said:

ported content from other games,

But right now ,  if we make a search at the pages passed ,  this topic has turn to ,

an investigator CSI page  ,  instead just having fun  here.

• Like 1

Normally George, I'm 100% with you but on this I think, respectfully, you're wrong.

I hope this a preemptive strike against some toxic bullshit that's a long way from the cherished Arma ethos.

I also think your stuff is highly regarded enough that just posting screens in your release thread is hitting your target audience just fine! ?

• Like 1

8y6T0UeLQjq3LUQy37p4kw.png

You are right about it

and i would like to click a like on that ,to pass from this evil Number , but at the time i haven't any left!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

8y6T0UeLQjq3LUQy37p4kw.png

You are right about it

and i would like to click a like on that ,to pass from this evil Number , but at the time i haven't any left!

I'll happily accept a 'confused' smiley in the spirit it's intended! Lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

But right now ,  if we make a search at the pages passed ,  this topic has turn to ,

Not really mate, using ported content was always against forum rules, but you had to know what to look for, it's not easy to spot, so very little was done, only when it was noticeable, like the DayZ stuff, or mods used without permission from steam (Yuri Ptreov's Blackhawk's for example) that the boundary was being pushed, the "Private addons" were such addons, where ported content were a significant feature.

There are indeed people passing "private" stuff, such as content from unreleased addons, to friends and then more friends and they get released as part of other peoples "private addons"

If you think this is an issue, you should actually see the stance BI take when it's their assets that have been ripped, and ported to other games, there's plenty of threads on facepunch.com forums where BI take a very serious view towards ripped content, as do RHS.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

this topic has turn to ,

To the well meaning community members who take the time to check up and report addon's being used; please remember the forum rules also say this

16) Report rule violations

If you see a violation of these rules on the board, do not reply in the thread but send a PM to a moderator or use the "Report Post" link (next to the date/time of post) instead. Replying in the thread will be considered as spam. Reporting posts contributes to a well structured, well disciplined forum which benefits everyone.

:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, road runner said:

using ported content was always against forum rules

This is also my opinion , the same as yours , for the ported content and i 'm not saying about that ,

but for the arma 3 creations , for those that really are , unrealished or WIP privacy .

So else , rules are rules .

17 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is also my opinion , the same as yours , for the ported content and i 'm not saying about that ,

but for the arma 3 creations , for those that really are , unrealished or WIP privacy .

So else , rules are rules .

I get where you're coming from on this George, the words "Private addons" was easier to write down, as opposed to "ripped content from X, Y or Z game" :D it drew less attention to the contents.

I've seen the very same reaction on reddit Arma3, where people question why "showboating" content that others, especially the majority will never get their hands on, due to the Private partit's a bit like taking a fat kid to a cake shop, and making him look through the window, whilst you happily stuff your face from the inside of the shop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Well a simple solution would be if you intend to post a screenshot of WIP content, why not create a thread in ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION. That way its very clear what is it, especially if you link back to it when posting an photo on the photography thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@arabian76you recent post has been removed as your have broken the thread rules. :thumbsdown:

@BAMSLAM
The posters in your screenshot are from WW2 Flanders (Belgium). 
On the left is de Clerq, a Flemish nationalist collaborator. On the right a recruitment poster for the Flemish men to join the Waffen SS.
Not really Russian ;)

Cool screenshot none the less!

• Like 1

@lennard
Hahah thanks for the info, just needed something to add to the atmosphere, but I'm glad you told me! :rthumb:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thebuckfastwine said:

Aye R0adki11 it's cup Chernarus I just assumed that comes under cup in addons. Will add in future if needed.

Thanks for the clarification, i couldn't even tell it was Chernarus hence why asked. If you put CUP Terrains that would certainly help to clarify things in the future. :thumbs-up:

2 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

@Meowsiphstalin1

Might be a good idea to list Faces of War, IFA3, and whatever animation mods you're using.

Shit sorry mate. Ill get it done rn.

@nikoaton Hahahah sorry been away for a while and just saw this now. Sorry man! I've been copying and pasting and just changing a few mods here and there and guess i missed it! LOL

• Like 1

@BAMSLAM

Hey is your last pic taken in the map "Hurtgenwald"? I've seen some pics mentioning it in the list of addons before but I cant find that map anywhere;  Where can I get it? Or was it the WIP map for the cancelled Westwall mod or something? 

Always forgot to ask about this until your latest pic showed up haha; beautiful screenhot btw (;