Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

@BAMSLAM Nice screen!!! Just got one question. The helmet from the wounded US soldier, where is it from? From Massi?

6 hours ago, carlosxx said:

@BAMSLAM Nice screen!!! Just got one question. The helmet from the wounded US soldier, where is it from? From Massi?

Yup! USSOCOM Mod! and thanks :smile_o:

• Like 1

@Gilatar @warlord554 
Its one of my old nonsteam mods, didn't know that he didn't agree to port them, to be honest i didn't even know that it was his mod aka @some60s . Thanks for info, i will delete it then. 

• Thanks 2

@Kofeina101i have removed the screenshots from the thread, as it seems like you forgot to delete them.

• Thanks 1

My latest post is hidden again. I had to make a series of edits as I realized I'd overlooked some essentials

51 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

My latest post is hidden again. I had to make a series of edits as I realized I'd overlooked some essentials

Unfortunately some of the words used in your post were picked up by the spam filter. Hence why it needed approving.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick fix. I don't mean to be a bother, there's just a particular way I wanted to go with this series :turn:

Welcome home brother!

• Like 6

@autigergradplease remember to list your addons when posting in the photography thread, as per the thread rules. Otherwise posts will be removed.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2013 at 11:25 AM, Placebo said:

This thread is for discussing and or commenting on photos from the

Arma 3 Photography thread.

No quoting of images please and no campaign or mission spoilers.

Edited October 16, 2013 by Placebo

Hello there to everyone !

First , 

i would like to mention , the existance , of this front page post of this thread , as it is a thread for general discussion ,

of the Arma 3 Photography thread  and there are people ,  who react in the Photography  thread ,

with  " confused "  ,

but i don't see any of their confusions , posted here.

So ,  a person who is confused  , should also discuss about it , to get a answer for his own " confusion " .

furthermore ,

for sure , the  " confused "  reaction , is not a " Dislike "  button ,

if anyone , missed the meaning of this word.

For anyone who is confused about the content that i post , i will be glad to solve his questions.

Thanks everyone , George.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

-snip-

From my own observations some of content you have posted to the thread, hasn't been true Arma3 Photography. Not all of them have portrayed a scene, some of them have only been used to advertise your addon. Such as this one: 

Hence why some members of the forum may have used the confused option. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

@autigergradplease remember to list your addons when posting in the photography thread, as per the thread rules. Otherwise posts will be removed.

Can I just ask...

my pictures have no addons. Do I have to explicitly say that or can I just post a picture with no text?

3 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Can I just ask...

my pictures have no addons. Do I have to explicitly say that or can I just post a picture with no text?

Just post something like:

Addons: Arma3 Vanilla

That way everyone is clear what is been used.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

Just post something like:

Addons: Arma3 Vanilla

That way everyone is clear what is been used.

Roger that. Give me a couple of hours to do that. I can't get on a PC until Mrs Tank finishes work.

19 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Not all of them have portrayed a scene, some of them have only been used to advertise your addon.

In the front page i doesn't refer to any quality , style , theme or resolution or portrayed a scene.

What is says is " Remember, this is for Arma 3 user made screenshots only. "

Since it's a rule to mention the list of what we are using , then sure it's also refering and advertising to someones work.

So , i'm prettty sure that i want first to use my own work.

Still the "confused" button is a not a "dislike".

Thanks for the discussion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wiki said:

Welcome home brother!

Thank you kindly. Good to be back in the FOB after a looong patrol ;)

@GEORGE FLOROS GR, don't sweat it bro'...I've got your back on this one. :rthumb:

Maybe next time round just throw in a few static poses and a couple of tactical beards....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think there is a fine line between "hey isn't this a cool screenshot I got of the action" and "these are highly edited, staged, promo pics for my upcoming mod". Don't take that as any sort of accusation, but some people take screenshots, some spend hours getting the poses and lighting just right (then spend even more time in photoshop) and some only post content to promote their own work. 

This is where common sense figures into things. 

• Like 2

If I was in charge, that nasty recolor thing would be extremely banned.

Not only does it look terrible, but it's spelled wrong. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

I think there is a fine line between "hey isn't this a cool screenshot I got of the action" and "these are highly edited, staged, promo pics for my upcoming mod". Don't take that as any sort of accusation, but some people take screenshots, some spend hours getting the poses and lighting just right (then spend even more time in photoshop) and some only post content to promote their own work. 

This is where common sense figures into things. 

Well... Screenshots are for showing off, aren't they?

I personally don't mind if people are using the other thread to show what the engine can do or to tease whatever they are working on : either way, it's a testimony to the extreme flexibility of both the Arma series and the modding/scripters scene.

Always a good thing in my opinion - beyond that, everyone will have its own opinion on the merits of a screenshot (artistic, creative, informative and whatnot), and that's what they should be : opinions, not rules or elusive guidelines, like the new posting rule about private stuff.

I mean, banning images that include illegal assets is perfectly normal, telling people they can't show us their private work (we're not talking about promoting there, just "showing off") is something I don't understand. Such a rule seems arbitrary, with no clear reason behind it. Who exactly am I hurting if I post a screenshot of my own, unlicensed work, "private" or not?

I am under the impression that this new rule about private addons was made in anger after several screenshots including said addons were posted without permission from their authors. I am tempted to say "Don't share your stuff with people you don't trust - or don't share them at all". This is purely a trust issue between a very few members of the community; imposing a new rule restricting private asset screenshots is not the adequate response, and it keeps a lot of us from sharing our experimentations...

• Like 6

The whole issue here generally , is that , before the update of the forum , if i remember right ,

because i am a new member   ( Joined: June 11, 2017 ) , there was only a  " like "  button.

Since there is still not existing a  " dislike "  button and maybe there is not existing for a purpose , it would be a good adittion in this forum , since there is the " confuse " reaction , to have a pop up editable , window ,

( as the one that shows who reacted  with like etc ) , for further  discussion about their own confusion.

So that feature , would give the moderators first and everyone else after , a complete view of the issue.

As for the use in the pictures , of certain addons , i am very happy , that there are all these people , who are spending hours , working , without asking any money or anything , because they just love the ARMA Game series .

It's very good , that we have all this infinitive , variety and availability of addons , to spend nice our time ,

playing our favourite game.

It's good then to give a " Like "  to all these creative people and in conclusion ,

maybe from my view , this is also a part ,

of not existing the  " Dislike "  reaction.

For once more , as i am always writing in every creation of mine :

Thanks to All script contributors
Thanks to everyone who tries to do the best for this game!
Thanks to BIS for such a great platform .
Thanks to BIS Community and BIS Community Forums .
Thanks to Armaholic Community and Forums .

and thanks everyone , spending their time reading my post.

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Well... Screenshots are for showing off, aren't they?

I'm referring to the F12 type. But, otherwise, Absolutely!

1 hour ago, haleks said:

opinions, not rules or elusive guidelines, like the new posting rule about private stuff.

I mean, banning images that include illegal assets is perfectly normal, telling people they can't show us their private work (we're not talking about promoting there, just "showing off") is something I don't understand. Such a rule seems arbitrary, with no clear reason behind it. Who exactly am I hurting if I post a screenshot of my own, unlicensed work, "private" or not?

I am under the impression that this new rule about private addons was made in anger after several screenshots including said addons were posted without permission from their authors. I am tempted to say "Don't share your stuff with people you don't trust - or don't share them at all". This is purely a trust issue between a very few members of the community; imposing a new rule restricting private asset screenshots is not the adequate response, and it keeps a lot of us from sharing our experimentations...

*New rule: "private addons" should not be used in screenshots, only public addons. <- That sounds quite clear and non-elusive

The reason behind it was that a significant amount of people were showcasing stolen/ripped content and using the catch-all phrase "private mod" as an excuse/justification for doing so. The least intrusive option was to introduce the "No Private Mod" rule. Since it's introduction, stolen content in screen shots has dropped significantly. So, its obviously working.

I accept that its not the best option for some of you, but there are other venues to showcase your own private work as I know that some of you work very hard on your creations. 

As far as the  "Don't share your stuff with people you don't trust - or don't share them at all" bit, that could easily construed as "If you don't want to get caught ripping content, don't post on the Bohemia Forums"  (again, that's just how it sounds in my head, not a reflection of your statement). 

Otherwise, there are quite a few screen shots that I enjoy. 

• Like 1