Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

And btw I can post a retexture and say "yeah I will release them soon" and bla bla bla but never release it for problems of real life 

• Like 1

The problem stems from people trying to subvert and justify the posting of stolen content by saying "private" or "unreleased" mods. Its a simple rule. If you want to showcase your "private and unreleased and unannounced work", do it somewhere else. 

• Like 4

I disagree, the problem stems from BI Forum hierarchy being unable to differentiate the posting of stolen content from the posting of genuine private/personal work using vanilla assets. So the answer is to implement a broad brush rule that lumps everyone together.

11 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

If you want to showcase your "private and unreleased and unannounced work", do it somewhere else. 

Wow, I guess I'm done here then.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Never said anything about leaving the boards, but I'm pretty much done with the screenshots. :dummy:

9 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

I disagree, the problem stems from BI Forum hierarchy being unable to differentiate the posting of stolen content from the posting of genuine private/personal work using vanilla assets. So the answer is to implement a broad brush rule that lumps everyone together.

Let me edit that for you: "I disagree, the problem stems from BI Forum hierarchy (Unpaid volunteer moderators) being unable to differentiate the posting of stolen content from the posting of genuine private/personal work using vanilla assets (who don't have unlimited hours in every day to scour through every upload to ensure that they really are private or personal mods). So the answer is to implement a broad brush rule that lumps everyone together., (like traffic signs that guide motorists and remind them what is right and what is wrong and that poor behaviour comes with consequences. Real rules just like real life.)

• Like 3

I didn't mean for you to take my "BI Forum hierarchy" comment personally, (I have great respect for moderators that do their work here for free) It was aimed towards those who implement new rules and guidelines. I assumed these would be paid BI employees.

• Like 1

IMHO, I do understand why "private addons" are forbidden - as it is possible to be stolen work (like a MH-60 blackhawk model)

Concerning the retextures however, as it is just textures... I don't know, but I think there is less risk to have stolen texture than stolen asset.

I think I would allow "private retexture" for screenshots.

Then again, it's just my POV.

• Like 6

there is the 'community texture template'  thread or something similar for sharing individual texture files. So if a screen shot needs a custom texture just post that as well.

peace :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone would like to discuss or suggest a better way of resolving the issue with "private addons" please feel free to post your constructive comments over in this thread: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Okay, I hate to keep going back to this... But are WIP pictures allowed?? Like can I make a cinematic screenshots with a WIP mod?

7 hours ago, Meowsiphstalin1 said:

Okay, I hate to keep going back to this... But are WIP pictures allowed?? Like can I make a cinematic screenshots with a WIP mod?

Yes and you are going to list it as "X WIP Mod"

You could also change the rules to 'no more contemporary SOF pictures' if you want to curb the stolen content issue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

You could also change the rules to 'no more contemporary SOF pictures' if you want to curb the stolen content issue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

How so?

6 hours ago, Wiki said:

How so?

stolen assets are rife in those sorts of posts, though I've seen a good deal of stolen content in all types. rather than restricting post categories, restricting posters would be a lot more effective in curbing the stolen mods problem IMO.

• Like 4

Yo, my latest post in photography is listed as "hidden" and my name, post count rank, etc are pink. Was the photography thread changed to approve only? If so, what was the reason?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Yo, my latest post in photography is listed as "hidden" and my name, post count rank, etc are pink. Was the photography thread changed to approve only? If so, what was the reason?

I dont think it has I never got a notification to approve your post. It said it was hidden but there was no reason listed so I dont think any of us hid it on purpose. Maybe bug?

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

This happened to me in another thread about a month ago. Within a day it was fixed (not sure whether by a moderator or not) and haven’t had any issues since.

• Like 1

Strange to say the least

Oh well, it's up now. Took me twice as long as I expected to shoot it due to poses not working like I wanted them to, but I got something decent. Now to figure out how the hell I'm going to do the next one and coax the AI into doing what I want it to. I think I'll just preshoot the one after just because it's easier lol XD

@Rich_R holy cow we posted at exactly the same time :rthumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex150201 said:

25th of March, Greek Indepedence Day, Malden

Congratulations Alex150201!

This was the Todays GREEK Photo!

March 25, 1821—Celebrated as Greek Independence Day

Greek War of Independence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_War_of_Independence

ΕΡΤ, 25/3/18

The full Greek Military parade

Ο.Υ.Κ.

BATRAXOS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ffs, I went to fix a typo and my post got hidden again. ugh

Edit: NVM already fixed

• Like 1

@haleks regarding your photos 3rd Kind Encounters I noticed you said no addons. did you add the spaceship in with photoshop?

they're great photos!

@di5co: Nope, no photoshop.

If you take a good look at the second screen, you'll see that the spaceship actually consists of 8 "USS Freedom" sticked together. ;)

• Like 3