Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

Mmm, you could be right, that pic is an oldie but no excuse, consider it removed. :sorry:

• Thanks 2

@xxgetbuck123please list all your addons when posting, your missing CUP Terrains in your recent screenshot

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

@xxgetbuck123please list all your addons when posting, your missing CUP Terrains in your recent screenshot

Lol completely forgot about the terrain. I use it so often I forgot it was a mod. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's a very real chance BETEPOK666 didn't use any addons. ^^

Surely if we post a screenshot with purely vanilla content then there's no need for an addon list.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

There's a very real chance BETEPOK666 didn't use any addons. ^^

Surely if we post a screenshot with purely vanilla content then there's no need to list addons.

From the pics I saw, he definitely was using some mods. 

• Like 2

@aliabualrub please post which addons you used in your photo, otherwise posts will be removed.

• Like 1

Mmm, the "Sunrise" pics looked like vanilla content, I didn't get a chance to see his other posts as they have already been pulled, it's also worth pointing out he's very new to the forum and probably isn't up to speed with all the recent rule changes.

But again, I'll make my point that maybe a moderator can shed some light on....If screenshots are made with vanilla content then there's no need to list anything, right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Mmm, the "Sunrise" pics looked like vanilla content, I didn't get a chance to see his other posts as they have already been pulled, it's also worth pointing out he's very new to the forum and probably isn't up to speed with all the recent rule changes.

But again, I'll make my point that maybe a moderator can shed some light on....If screenshots are made with vanilla content then there's no need to list anything, right?

Apologies if a moderator hasn't answered your question previously. We do our best to reply to all questions and concerns, but we are after all only volunteer community members so we may miss something. If you need to get hold of a moderator please post here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/71115-the-all-new-ask-a-moderator-about-the-forum-rules/ or alternatively drop one a PM.

Back to your question, the rules of the photography thread have always been to include what is in the screenshot. This has always been the case since Operation Flashpoint, the only addition is that "private addons" are now not allowed. I would say even if you post only vanilla content, you should list it. As it will save any confusion of what is or is not in the screenshot. For example users maybe posting screenshots from "Arma3 Dev Branch" so i would list that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@Evil Organthe images that BETEPOK666 showed, I am 100% sure that they were using a addon. 

• Like 1

Nice work guys, you all pass level 1 in forensic photography.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/3/2018 at 5:47 AM, Evil Organ said:

Nice work guys, you all pass level 1 in forensic photography.

Thanks mate. 

Hey Jono, which pack exactly are those civi's from? They look badass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadeops21 said:

If you mean the clothes, they're from VTN.

1 hour ago, shadeops21 said:

The faces are of the mod GearSoc, the clothes of the VTN Mod, and the vests of C.O.S

• Like 2

@haleks your latest screenshots are great, i love the atmosphere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@R0adki11: Thanks mate, it might turn into an actual mission : those structures aren't just placed for shows, I have a script spawning hundreds of them in the jungle. ;)

• Like 1

Okay so, if I post a screenshot with work-in-progress stuff from my retexture addon that has not yet been published or a poorly made AOR1 retexture of cunico's CPC that I don't really feel is worth publishing (unless someone really wants it I guess), am I getting a free vacation? I want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules, I really don't think I've done anything wrong, but I don't want to find out otherwise the hard way.

18 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Okay so, if I post a screenshot with work-in-progress stuff from my retexture addon that has not yet been published or a poorly made AOR1 retexture of cunico's CPC that I don't really feel is worth publishing (unless someone really wants it I guess), am I getting a free vacation? I want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules, I really don't think I've done anything wrong, but I don't want to find out otherwise the hard way.

If your intending to release the addon, then its not a private addon especially if you have a thread here in: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/155-arma-3-addons-mods-discussion/. But if your not going to share and release it then it unfortunately falls into the private addons category. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Really?? Now also retexture that will not be released will be considered "private stuff"? Even if I had the permission from the author? Guys... I think that it is time to stop with those bullshit, i get the stolen stuff but not retexture work,  this forum is becoming everyday more and more toxic... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

pri·vate

ˈprīvit/

adjective

belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

pri·vate

ˈprīvit/

adjective

belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.

Don't start posting that dictionary caption, that story is going out of hand and this forum, for those rules, is dying every day a bit more I will end this conversation here. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@direone, While a don't share your view regarding the toxicity of the forum, I'm with you 100% regarding personal/private retextures being forbidden.

Over the years I've amassed a bunch of vanilla A3 assets that I've retextured using hiddenSelections, (a feature provided by BI.....just sayin') previously used in various screenshots i've posted over the years.

Seems wholly unreasonable that I can't post screenshots that contain these personal retextures, regardless of whether I intend to publicly release them or not....yeah, this new rule sucks big time in this regard.

• Like 7