Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

@nikoaton Absolutely fantastic water landing scene. I suppose Dunkirk- movie had something to do with the idea?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bnae said:

@nikoaton Absolutely fantastic water landing scene. I suppose Dunkirk- movie had something to do with the idea?

Thanks @Bnae.

Exactly, with the difference that it is in the Pacific, although that model of spitfire never flew in the Pacific, according to a user.
I do not know war history, Mine is more visual.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, direone said:

(just inspect this one pic, one of the 2 backpack is not really from arma :P btw before saying "it's ripped" i just added it via photoshop)

How sneaky!

Very good idea direone and very well made, I don't think no one would noticed it was photoshoped if you hadn't stated it below your picture :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

How sneaky!

Very good idea direone and very well made, I don't think no one would noticed it was photoshoped if you hadn't stated it below your picture :D

Thanks a lot bud! Really I didn't expected it to turn out so well lol

• Like 1

Apparently some people do not like the image because the model I use is not the "pacific" and I'm sorry, but Man, it's just visual and it's a fictitious scene, and I know that plane model was never in the pacific, but Tanoa does not exist either, since that image is taken on that island therefore, the image is also fictitious.

Image in question.

Spoiler

gxGYzSn.jpg

• Like 8

Was there any official clarification to the new "only public mods allowed" rule yet?
Can we just ignore the literal interpretation of its wording, as long as we avoid posting pictures with illegal/ripped content?

2 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Was there any official clarification to the new "only public mods allowed" rule yet?

Not yet, i have alerted our head moderator regarding it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Can we just ignore the literal interpretation of its wording, as long as we avoid posting pictures with illegal/ripped content?

That's the grey area, some people might not be aware that the content their using in  such "private" addons has been ripped from other games, and is more than likely the reason why the addon was never made public to begin with.

It has always been stated to list the addons that were used.. "private" isn't a name of an addon, it's relating to the availability of said addon. :f:

• Like 2

Yet nobody is enforcing the rule lol the pic that I showed earlier by uploaded by "BamSlam" still hasn't been taken down... In my opinion this forum should be like it's always been, if it has anything to do with Arma 3 it's fine to post pics of it. Why limit it?

• Confused 3

@Meowsiphstalin1 I'm not sure if this is a poor attempt at trolling or what, but the image in question was removed by a moderator 4 hours and 38 minutes after it was reported.  (Last Friday, it is Tuesday today)

Why limit it?

Because content theft is illegal. Those that continue to post ripped content after being warned face being banned from this Forum. Simple!

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Clarified date
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Meowsiphstalin1 said:

Yet nobody is enforcing the rule lol the pic that I showed earlier by uploaded by "BamSlam" still hasn't been taken down... In my opinion this forum should be like it's always been, if it has anything to do with Arma 3 it's fine to post pics of it. Why limit it?

Yes I still don't understand why you are making a fuss about it. The picture was taken down after 4hrs and 38mins like FM said. I don't see that picture, you don't see that picture, nobody can see that picture. BamSlam apologized for posting too. We understand you are against this change, I am to some extent too and I haven't kept quiet about it, we are in process of wording it as a rule right now like R0adki11 said because right now the rule is too vague.

• Like 1

The picture BAMSLAM postet after this one is the same scene, same angle, but without the critical mods. Guess this is easy to be confused with.

He reproduced his original image really well ;)

• Like 1

Hey, while we're out here posting screenshots of illegal,stolen game content, why don't we all go out and post pictures of the cars we stole to instagram and twitter!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

I never said I had any issues with "BamSlam". I just want the rules enforced if you're going to have them.

@Greenfist  thats a great pic! Good story in one image

@GEORGE FLOROS GR how do you get that cool fish eye lense effect? is that built into splendid camera and i never noticed?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mynock said:

@Greenfist your newest picture reminded me of that armachinima of "rambo" miller lol

Yeah, he really is Rambo, John McClane, a meme, and the Spanish Inquisition all rolled into one. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lordfrith said:

@GEORGE FLOROS GR how do you get that cool fish eye lense effect? is that built into splendid camera and i never noticed?

Hello there lordfrith!

actually it is a feature of GIMP  (Image Manipulation Program , like photoshop , but free).

There are some good stuff there!

7 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

actually it is a feature of GIMP 

aah cheers, yeah GIMP is ace for free software.

fish eye lens would be handy for 'splendid camera' though. :)

cheers

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

how i can do this:

if you type '@' then start entering user name it should start auto-completing and you can select desired user name with arrow keys and hit return ;)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

if you type '@'

Thanks! i was trying to find the way!

• Like 1

@_Krok

I'd advise against using this "RUS WAR" mod in your screenshots, as its content seems to be entirely comprised of stolen assets. There is several DayZ models in it alongside stuff ripped from other mods like Soviet Armed Forces.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Zhivets said:

@_Krok

I'd advise against using this "RUS WAR" mod in your screenshots, as its content seems to be entirely comprised of stolen assets. There is several DayZ models in it alongside stuff ripped from other mods like Soviet Armed Forces.

If its on steam please report it, so that it gets taken down. 

• Like 1

@Evil Organ What mod this uniform is from? It looks a lot like the hunter jacket and pants from DayZ Standalone.

Spoiler

9f2e5f2dfc78554730f8cdec520a134d.png

• Thanks 1