Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

@grijkeewhere did you get the A2 LAV-25 from, as putting the below is not helpful. You must know where you downloaded it from? And i am sure there would have been a readme with the addon.

15 hours ago, grijkee said:

A2 LAV-25 from unknown author,

--------------------------------------------

31 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

forum rules should be as black/white as possible. If screenies of Private addons are against rules its irrelevant (to picture thread) where the contents of mod came from.

As previously mentioned in this thread, i have raised this very issue with our head moderator so that further clarification on what is allowed or not allowed can be added to the forum rules. As this new photography thread rule has been implemented as a reaction to the recent "private addons" been posted in the thread. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

forum rules should be as black/white as possible. If screenies of Private addons are against rules its irrelevant (to picture thread) where the contents of mod came from.

They're as clear as it comes if you actually read the forum "guidelines"

Illegal Content or cheating/hacking:

Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer is not allowed. Any links pertaining to cheating/hacking our games or servers should be sent to BohemiaBeck.

and

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

Ignorance is a poor excuse.

• Like 1

Interesting, indeed. I always wondered what people meant with Private addons. It's like pointing a city, saying "I built that house"..

• Like 1

Again, there's a couple of you who are missing the whole point I'm trying to make here, Keep the pictures of the ported stuff away from places such as here, so that it avoids others who will actively seek these addons out on steam, and submit a notice against the addon for "stolen content" keep them "Private/Personal" there's no need to "showboat" guys.

The number of warnings I would have to issue on this one page alone is staggering. 

You have all been informed of the added rule. Apparently the previous ones were too vague for some people.

Some of you will have your posts removed from public view, this is because it is easier for me to do rather than issue individual warnings. 

The next person that posts links to a known content thief (i.e. KA) will be dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 2

@BAMSLAM

I love screenshots that have a story behind them, especially if it's based in ArmA lore. Good job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Zhivets In that picture of the downed helicopter crew being captured (I assume that's what's going on), is that like a little camo piece on the rifle being carried by the character on the far left of the image? If so, what modification is it from? I think that's really neat looking.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mynock said:

@Zhivets In that picture of the downed helicopter crew being captured (I assume that's what's going on), is that like a little camo piece on the rifle being carried by the character on the far left of the image? If so, what modification is it from? I think that's really neat looking.

It's in Veteran Mod as an AK74N attachment. I think it was added in a recent update.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132375156

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Zhivets That's awesome! Thanks for showing. Gonna put it to good use in my recon screenshots!

• Like 2

This pic has been up for 4 days now and no moderator has noticed that it literally has Dayz ported content and private mods. But that's none of my business........

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
removed image
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Meowsiphstalin1 said:

This pic has been up for 4 days now and no moderator has noticed that it literally has Dayz ported content and private mods. But that's none of my business........

The report button is here for something mate, moderators are unpaid volunteers, it's not a full time job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meowsiphstalin1 said:

I am pretty sure it has been hidden for a while now

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
removed image

46 minutes ago, Meowsiphstalin1 said:

But that's none of my business........

As a RESPONSIBLE member of this forum, if you see something that's violating the rules, you should report it (lest you be seen as condoning it).

Also, said user was warned 22 hours ago. 

Don't know about you, but I work 40+ hours a week with a 4 hour commute each day. Then I come home and spend time with my wife & kids. Its only after everyone's gone to bed or at 4AM when I wake up, do I get a chance to go through the 50 or so reports I get each day. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

The report button is here

Where is the report button?

9 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

joJt4aA.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Meowsiphstalin1 said:

I reported it yesterday and it was deleted within an hour.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alex150201 said:
3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

OK!

that was Good!

and now for all of you to laugh...

all the time i thought it was saying ...

repost...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

all the time i thought it was saying ...

repost...

But why would it say repost, I mean it doesn't make sense to me :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

But why would it say repost, I mean it doesn't make sense to me :D

***********that's a double joke in row.!

GOOD!

• Haha 1