Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

1 hour ago, jeza said:

I wanna shoot the balloon with AAA....

Well it's on Armaholic..be my guest :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

Give me smokegrenade and it will look like stuff you really cant do in Arma :D 
Mods: RCMP vehicles (not sure if legit ..was laying around on Steam Workshop)

Ooh, nice! Finally, something different from the usual beardy tacticools for a change. :f:

• Like 2

I have a question about rules:

On 3/1/2013 at 10:25 AM, Placebo said:

hotlinking images greater than 100kb is not allowed

Does this rule still apply? Because I see many if not all screenshots are larger than 100Kb.

I'm afraid to post (hotlink).

Should I decrease the size before hotlinking?

5 minutes ago, venthorror said:

Does this rule still apply? Because I see many if not all screenshots are larger than 100Kb.

Don't think so, the forum seems to embed them automatically and resize now. I've never been warned for posting images that are MBs at source.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Onkel T said:

When is the release of the jet dlc?? They say today but i can't download it.

The DLC is out right now.

Also, this thread isn't really the place to ask...

• Like 1

On 2017-5-10 at 1:23 PM, venthorror said:

That is an old rule, when we had different forum software. It doesn't apply anymore. Also the photography thread for Arma3 was first created back in 2013, which means some things have changed.

• Like 3

Lol, Kandahar is a province, on the other side of the country, and a fairly flat and arid one at that. Maybe you were going for Korengal valley?

• Like 1

It seems that someone is doing pics of US troops mistreating prisoners. 

Not cool man, not cool. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Not cool man, not cool. 

Just saw this. It goes against everything USSOCOM is about. But, it is a game. Still though not very cool

• Like 7

Yeah, this new fad of bloodied bodies and operator bros fist-bumping being all like "hell yea war crimes and murder my dudes" can stop right now tbh. 

• Like 12

On 29. 05. 2017. at 4:55 AM, stburr91 said:

Not cool man, not cool. 

Get over it it is a game,people can do whatever they want in it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DJankovic said:

It's a bit more than that for people who serve in the U.S. We don't like to be portrayed as those who beat prisoners and commit war crimes for fun. Warlord put it perfect when he said it isn't what SOCOM stands for, they're professionals not thugs. It may be a game but I guarantee most of the community would have a fit if someone was positively posting pictures of SS murdering civilians in the 40's, so why is this any different?

• Like 5

I would hope people are emotionally mature enough to seperate art from reality. Just ignore it if you find it bothersome. I doubt it would convince anyone of sound mind to have torture connote with US forces (or any armed forces representing a democracy). Ultimately, it's just screenshots of a silly game, not evil minded propaganda.

• Like 4

There is not really any problem with the pictures being discussed. We do have a policy against overly graphic or obscene images on the forum, but I personally dont think these cross that line, simply due to engine limitations.. i'm not a fan of that type of picture really, but it doesnt bother me too much.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, DJankovic said:

Yes, it's a game, and people can do whatever they want, but they don't have to post it in a public forum, and on Memorial Day weekend no less. 

With that said, I wasn't implying that the post should be removed, or such content should never be posted, I was simply commenting on the fact that it is disrespectful.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

Mods: Nimitz, RHS, F/A-18 Super Hornet, CUP

Nice pic! Finally, something different for a change.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

Nice pic! Finally, something different for a change.

Thanks mate, I decided that bearded men with guns are overused :D

• Like 5

That guy posting pics of the Brazilians, aren't those @Delta Hawk's stuff from the USM mod? Are those authorized retextures?

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

That guy posting pics of the Brazilians, aren't those @Delta Hawk's stuff from the USM mod? Are those authorized retextures?

Yes they definitely are DeltaHawk's uniforms. No idea if authorised or not..I'll PM him in the morning and check.

A lot of awesome pics went up today! Really liked the 1930's gangsters from @ShiftyzZ-98 ! Very creative use of assets.

• Like 2

Nice to see some different types of pictures, it was getting boring with all the USA Special Forces with Beards etc. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Nice to see some different types of pictures, it was getting boring with all the USA Special Forces with Beards etc. 

It certainly was :D All standing stoically staring into the camera. Seems if your are in any SF unit, about 90% of your time is spent posing for pictures, another 5% trimming your beard, then if there is a few minutes left in the day, maybe go do some soldiering.

Oh..one for the road... for old times sake hehehehe

vQFCtkd.jpg

• Like 7

Glad to see people are finally getting over all these damn bearded tier1 super pro uber soliders.   Arma has so much more to offer so lets see some creativity!!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Glad to see people are finally getting over all these damn bearded tier1 super pro uber soliders.   Arma has so much more to offer so lets see some creativity!!

Lets show some love for our beloved Stormtroopers out there fighting the rebel menace! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

The reason people were using them was twofold, they were/are very popular, and secondly not available through regular channels, and for those reasons, they were/are popular in their uses.

Characters and gear are far more interesting subjects to photograph due to the abundance of static animation poses available.

Vehicles and aircraft just look like in animated objects, every screenshot should be telling a story. 

Long live the beards!! :don11:

• Like 3