Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

4 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Shame if it is, as id like to use the Union Jack or the Nogovan flag if it was :)

No it's not a hidden selection, it's part of the main pouch texture. just a tiny little bitty corner, so really, you can put what you want there. It's just a simple cut amd [aste job from a worn and crumpled picture of old glory !! :f:

I do plan on updating the 6094's and using the ones I made for the KSK addon, and the flag will be added to that as a hidden selection possibly, I'm also toying with making various hydration carriers etc backbacks so that the placement doesn't have to be the same, and add the flag to the backpack instead of the vest.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, jeza said:

JFpTzZC.jpg

@Franze&NodApache@Kunduz@3CB@BnaeFunctions@Direoneanims

This one makes me think about the battle of Fort Jugroom

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wiki said:

Oh man I thought the same exact thing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wiki said:

@Franze&NodApache@Kunduz@3CB@BnaeFunctions@Direoneanims

Me too-Jeza said he based it on Jugroom fort.

Yeah did indeed. For those who may not know:

• Like 7

As a polite request, can you all please make sure you post your addons when posting in the Arma 3 Photography, otherwise you may find posts are removed. As it is a requirement of the thread to post the addons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

As a polite request, can you all please make sure you post your addons when posting in the Arma 3 Photography, otherwise you may find posts are removed. As it is a requirement of the thread to post the addons.

To be honest removing the photos is a bit harsh though. I see your point and I like to that kindly ask for people to put their addons but even myself have forgotten to add the mods sometimes. Some people take a lot of time just for one photograph and I don't think they should be removed. If you would like me to as I pay a lot of attention on the photography thread I could PM anyone that posts without having the mods of his picture listed.

5 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

To be honest removing the photos is a bit harsh though. I see your point and I like to that kindly ask for people to put their addons but even myself have forgotten to add the mods sometimes. Some people take a lot of time just for one photograph and I don't think they should be removed. If you would like me to as I pay a lot of attention on the photography thread I could PM anyone that posts without having the mods of his picture listed.

It maybe harsh, however if you have taken the time to create the photograph. Spending a few minutes more to list your addons shouldn't be an issue.

I have PMed quite a few authors, yet quite a few have ignored my message and continue to post without listing the addons. So hopefully they may heed this post.

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

It maybe harsh, however if you have taken the time to create the photograph. Spending a few minutes more to list your addons shouldn't be an issue. I have PMed quite a few authors, yet quite a few have ignored my message and continue to post without listing the addons.

Yesterday when I posted some of my photos which you might have seen I had forgotten to list the addons. I was pretty tired and I wanted to get this done so I would be able to go and play something else. Some friend of mine messaged me and I came back right away to add the addons. I can be responsible for PMing the authors from now on if you agree.

3 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

Yesterday when I posted some of my photos which you might have seen I had forgotten to list the addons. I was pretty tired and I wanted to get this done so I would be able to go and play something else. Some friend of mine messaged me and I came back right away to add the addons. I can be responsible for PMing the authors from now on if you agree.

If you would like to help that would be appreciated, but as your not a moderator some members may not heed your advice. But if you interested in becoming a moderator, drop Beck a PM.

• Like 1

Just now, R0adki11 said:

If you would like to help that would be appreciated, but as your not a moderator some members may not heed your advice. But if you interested in becoming a moderator, drop Beck a PM.

I legit just messaged ineptaphid asking how I would be able to become a moderator :D

Thanks R0adki!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scooterperpetual said:

How do you guys get your pictures to look, I guess for a lack of a better word, realistic? I mean in the editing process. I dont really do any "battle" shots I try to make most of my photos as if it were a real photo with someone taking it. So I guess I'm just wondering how to give my pictures more of a look as if they were taken with a camera and weren't in a video game.

Try to use the splendid camera man, as i think you use zeus only right? As splendie camera give you some more settings and sometimes is better to use a bit of zoom in pictures :D 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, scooterperpetual said:

I completely forgot the camera was a thing haha. I remember messing with it way back when I first started playing ArmA 3. Thanks I will use this from now on :D

Looking forward to see more pictures from you then :)

• Like 2

Also something I noticed with some of your photos- use shift or control + backspace in Zeus to remove the Zeus logo watermark in the corner on the screen. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tomzy said:

New Britishs paras from Faces of War mod just droped on the DZ !

T0ujN10.jpg

KNY38Ml.jpg

j0GVOCM.jpg

Rr1Ihf5.jpg

------------------------------------------------

MODS :

FOW

IFA3_Lite

Direone's Static Animations

RHS paradrop

CUP Vehicle

Looks like Market Garden

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thedon said:

Two old men going for a hunt in Ireland

Mods: CUP, Bnae's Arsenal, RHS, Caucasus Insurgency, Carraigdubh, Operators Pack, Direone's Static Animations

Out of interest, how did you get Carraigdubh to work in ArmA 3? My previous attempts to port it have all been met with crashes while porting of other A2 maps works fine. Great screenshot, also!

6 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

Out of interest, how did you get Carraigdubh to work in ArmA 3? My previous attempts to port it have all been met with crashes while porting of other A2 maps works fine. Great screenshot, also!

Right here:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jeza said:

Right here:

Thank you!

• Like 1

I'm always impressed by the pics posted by the 3CB guys. Anyone know what the filter/ style used in these pics is?-Makes them look very real.

mQvMP83.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

I'm always impressed by the pics posted by the 3CB guys. Anyone know what the filter/ style used in these pics is?-Makes them look very real.

Looks to me like it might be the "Mediterranean" post process effect. Not too sure though. You can find it in the Post Process module in the editor.

• Like 1

Most of the 3CB Screenshots are created by myself.

I do not use any "filters", its manual photoshop work. I tend to approach creating screenshots in a similar fashion I do to taking photos in real life, using angles and focal lengths that are realistic/logical. Then the post processing follows a similar idea, Mostly Levels, Colour Balance & Saturation Tweaks, plus vignette & also some Lens Blur/Motion Blur.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, eotechh said:

Most of the 3CB Screenshots are created by myself.

All official 3CB screenshots are the finest around these parts.....Point Blank and Period. 

(IMHO of course)

• Like 3