Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

3 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

So i see in the desciption of this pic, the poster says he is using Dslyexi's ACE NVG's...Has that been released already? I am really looking forward to using them-but cant see a release.

Agree, it hasn't been released yet, he must be a beta tester?

1 hour ago, road runner said:

Agree, it hasn't been released yet, he must be a beta tester?

Yeah-I suppose everyone in Shacktac has a copy of it...Amazing it hasn't been leaked by now hahah :)

• Like 2

Was wondering why DoF was not working for me turns out a while back bis added bunch of new options like bloom, sharpening and DoF in the main menu, now my screens can look less bland....got there in the end :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeza said:

Was wondering why DoF was not working for me turns out a while back bis added bunch of new options like bloom, sharpening and DoF in the main menu, now my screens can look less bland....got there in the end :D

Your screens are never bland mate :)

• Like 2

Hey please help , new guy here and I'm wanting to know how the load out and gameplay work, so can I make a load out for example make my guy look like a army ranger and then join any server like wasteland and use that load out with that ranger look ? Any advice is awesome ! 

It depends on the server- some servers allow Arsenal (for making custom loadouts, you use Arsenal- you can find it under 'Learn' on the main menu) but most Wasteland servers to my knowledge don't use mods- the server and you need to both have the same mods in order for you to connect properly. 

If you are trying to make a Ranger style look with just vanilla/non modded gear, just use the default NATO Multicam uniform, plate carrier light (CRYE CAGE armor), Apex SPAR-16 (as a stand-in for the Daniel Defence Mk18, as the Ranger's don't really use Hk416's) with an ECH heavy helmet (for additional equipment modelled on it)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

It depends on the server- some servers allow Arsenal (for making custom loadouts, you use Arsenal- you can find it under 'Learn' on the main menu) but most Wasteland servers to my knowledge don't use mods- the server and you need to both have the same mods in order for you to connect properly. 

If you are trying to make a Ranger style look with just vanilla/non modded gear, just use the default NATO Multicam uniform, plate carrier light (CRYE CAGE armor), Apex SPAR-16 (as a stand-in for the Daniel Defence Mk18, as the Ranger's don't really use Hk416's) with an ECH heavy helmet (for additional equipment modelled on it)

Just awesome thank you ranger was my example but I actually want to make a delta force operator load out any tips on that ?

Hmm. 

For Delta Force (Combat Applications Group is their actual name), it would be mostly the same gear, just maybe change from a 'Platecarrier Light' to 'Platecarrier Special', which is a bit lighter as it lacks some of the belt gear.

If you wanted to have a GL you could as well, as the Apex Hk416 has a M320 GL underneath that Delta do use alongside the M203.

For helmet, moving down to the ECH Light is a good idea for a light helmet similar to a Opscore- you could also roll up the sleeves on the NATO Multicam if you wanted. 

https://pp.vk.me/c630217/v630217080/3831b/GXgieBHEJfM.jpg

Example photo link of a Delta guy from around 2010-2014. 

12 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

Hmm. 

For Delta Force (Combat Applications Group is their actual name), it would be mostly the same gear, just maybe change from a 'Platecarrier Light' to 'Platecarrier Special', which is a bit lighter as it lacks some of the belt gear.

If you wanted to have a GL you could as well, as the Apex Hk416 has a M320 GL underneath that Delta to use alongside the M203.

For helmet, moving down to the ECH Light is a good idea for a light helmet similar to a Opscore- you could also roll up the sleeves on the NATO Multicam if you wanted. 

https://pp.vk.me/c630217/v630217080/3831b/GXgieBHEJfM.jpg

Example photo link of a Delta guy from around 2010-2014. 

Awesome man I really appreciate it and yea CAG is awesome do you play Xbox also like a gamertag I could reach you at or a steam id?

Guys...This is totally the wrong thread for this discussion. Take it to PMs

• Like 1

This:

Has yurapetrov authorized his work to be ported to ArmA 3?

This subject has come up before, it's impossible to stop people from downloading and using addons from steam, the only person who can authorise a takedown/DMCA is the owner of said intellectual property.

These Blackhawks have been part of a heated discussion in the relevant thread by Peral.

There's absolute no point in people from the forums going there to the steam page and telling the guy to take them down, he won't, he hasn't been hit with a DMCA to take them down by the original owner. Asking people not to download it is also pointless, if they want it, they'll download it, as for them, they see nothing wrong by doing so. If the guy hosting it and who ported them states he had the permission, the only person who can disprove this is Yuri himself.

Peral isn't the owner so he cannot approach steam and ask for these to be taken down either, he's as much a 3rd party as the guy who is hosting these. 

Someone went to a LOT of bother porting these over from A2 to A3 into the bargain.

@road runner, @ineptaphid, @direone.....very cool idea to have a "screenie" contest based on the same pic, maybe you guys should do a poll and let the community decide which is best.... 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@road runner, @ineptaphid, @direone.....very cool idea to have a "screenie" contest based on the same pic, maybe you guys should do a poll and let the community decide which is best.... 

Well if you want to visit each of our profiles and give alike to whichever pic takes your fancy

• Like 1

To be honest, BIS Forums should run a screenshot of the month competition

• Like 7

Or artwork- there's been some great things in the art thread in the past but that's tapered off recently. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, road runner said:

To be honest, BIS Forums should run a screenshot of the month competition

I know its not on here, but over at 3 Commando Brigade we host a (usually) monthly Screenshot of the Month Competition

You don't have to be a member of the unit to submit an entry, you can find the thread here... 3 Commando Brigade - Screenshot of the Month

• Like 3

Coming soon....

X2v8jaY.jpg

addon (JSOC) my own 6094's, and Ops Core's Spc4Gear GPNVG18's, personal eye wear.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, b0dey said:

@road runner, @ineptaphid and/or @direone: Where are you coming up with the rolled flag? Is it a hiddenselection in something?

Obliged

It is currently unreleased- but I understand it is coming quite soon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

Thanks! I will be waiting patiently.

On 02/02/2017 at 9:02 PM, ineptaphid said:

Can it be any flag texture or flag?

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Can it be any flag texture or flag?

I actually don't know- it is a part of the vest..So unless it has hidden selections I think it is just one flag.

6 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

I actually don't know- it is a part of the vest..So unless it has hidden selections I think it is just one flag.

Shame if it is, as id like to use the Union Jack or the Nogovan flag if it was :)