Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

ltsThomas, are those updates to your NSW units or something new? They look sharp.

ltsThomas, are those updates to your NSW units or something new? They look sharp.

Nope, most of the uniforms are from a mod I still have from a community I used to be a part of. :)

The guy who made them makes amazing retextures, but I don't think he has the intention of ever releasing them to the public. (Which of course is his right, if he wishes to do so)

thanks for your reply. any idea where and when i can download those mods.

thanks again

There it is again--I,know I shouldnt reply to these posts.But please what is the tan AR with thee black mag and the suppressor?Seen it in a lot of pics now.

It's from the RH M4/M16 pack.

It's from the RH M4/M16 pack.

Is it?!i use that pack all the time-never noticed that gun.The desert paint on it looks a lot better than on the M4 or M16's I use in RH pack.And I didnt notice the colapsed stock.Maybe I need to update.I wish i had asked that here instead of on the other forum,as i have gotten an infraction now :( I didnt know about this questions forum

Yeah, this is HK416 from RH M4/M16 pack.

Ok great, thanks.Will check more closely next time(after i finally finish the Witcher 3 lol)

Is the Splendid camera ever going to get an update? Perhaps incorporating the 'flash' effect available in the Eden Editor?

Is the Splendid camera ever going to get an update? Perhaps incorporating the 'flash' effect available in the Eden Editor?

A film Noir style has been added in the dev update. So we can certainly see that in stable in the future.

S-Squadron receive instruction on the correct use of oxygen masks during HALO/HAHO Training

Some cool L119's there Jackal! They remind me a lot of the pack I did for A2 :)

• Like 1

A film Noir style has been added in the dev update. So we can certainly see that in stable in the future.

I see the new constrast and saturation options, but as for 'film noir style'... perhaps you can be more clear? Note all I do in Arma is take screenshots and I never play on anything but the dev build.

I see the new constrast and saturation options, but as for 'film noir style'... perhaps you can be more clear?

He just means you can set the brightness, saturation and contrast to do things that recreate the visual style of film noir movies within the splendid camera, rather than doing it in post processing.

Film noir movies of the 1940s were typified by a certain visual style where they're shot in black and white (i.e. dropping the saturation right down in splendid camera) with low-key lighting such that strong, black shadows cast across much of the scene (playing with the brightness and contrast settings to enhance the shadows), and framing actors from the waist up the light source focussed on important aspects of the scene so they stand out in the gloom (such as lighting part of the actor's face).

Same goes for using the new sliders to enhance the other visual aspects of screenshot in addition to position and lighting.

• Like 1

Oh man, DJankovic, I LOVE those shots of the Raptors! Your framing is excellent!

• Like 1

Well I thought this thread was old and it was about that competition that was happening in Alpha stage. But it is clear to me now that this is discussion thread for above-mentioned Arma 3 Photography thread :D
Tnx to CannonSong for bringing up the thread  to the top i wouldn't see it  but either way now. I have question

Anybody finding that their FOCUS on splendid camera is not working? I can not seem to get it to work for me is there any trick that i missed or?

Yeah, I remembered a thread like this for Arma 2, so I did some digging. Lo and behold, here it is! :D

Focus is working for me, though I don't play with it too much; only thing I can think of that might have an effect on it is if your depth-of-field settings are too low, but I don't know if it actually depends on them. I don't think it needs the game to be unpaused to work, either, but that might be worth messing with too.

Yeah, I remembered a thread like this for Arma 2, so I did some digging. Lo and behold, here it is! :D

Focus is working for me, though I don't play with it too much; only thing I can think of that might have an effect on it is if your depth-of-field settings are too low, but I don't know if it actually depends on them. I don't think it needs the game to be unpaused to work, either, but that might be worth messing with too.

Fixed :D You were right!  It was Depth of field setting. was on 0 for me. Tnx

• Like 1

Fixed :D You were right!  It was Depth of field setting. was on 0 for me. Tnx

Glad to hear it! And glad my shot in the dark helped! :D

• Like 1

As reminder, could anyone posting in the Arma 3 Photography please list the addons if used in post ;)

My screenshots are usually made only from this mods:

RHS United States Forces
RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

probably some others but recent ones are only RHS

Will update if i take screenshots with some other mods

My screenshots are usually made only from this mods:

RHS United States Forces

RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

probably some others but recent ones are only RHS

Will update if i take screenshots with some other mods

Even if you just put at the bottom  of your post:

Addons Used: RHS

it just helps other forum members know what addons are used. Especially if its content they haven't used or seen before :)

• Like 1