Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

Totally agree, I used some of them as wallpaper

Where did you find the tophat/father Christmas/bunny ears from Burns?

@ardvarkdb, I loved your SOTG in Arma2. There are one of the best model in A2 so far.

Are you going to add some of their assets into A3 (Helmet, uniform, body armor, weapons)?

Most likely just the helmets. Working on the MK18 pack has been more headache than fun, so I probably won't do any more weapon packs. I did port over one of the vest from the SOTG and the uniform model, but the body dimensions of the SOTG uniform are different from the arma 3 default units, so the vest had a bunch of issues and looked too big, so I doubt I'll go to the trouble to fix those. The uniform from the SOTG had some weird weighting and deformation issues that weren't seen in Arma 2, so I doubt that'll move over either. The helmets on the other hand, looked pretty good. Might do some tweaking and release a small pack with just them, we'll see.

how wonderful, we keep losing modders to these new phenomenal changes to Arma :mad:

Sad to hear that ardvarkdb, anyway, thank you for the quick answer.

Sorry I have to pop this thread to life but I have a question. For some reason when I use splendid camera it no longer freezes the action, it use to do it but now for some reason it doesn't. Does anyone know what I may have done to do this and how to correct it?

Any way mybe to download Flickr pictures saw bunch of cool ones for wallpaper but never manage to download them (save them)

@Sabre, nice weapons, although I fear for the world if RHS releases a set of BDUs and makes that Joshua Lai bloke's day. :)

PS. hai were's my AK with railz

Not to mention the carry handle mounted optics!

No BDUs on the cards..

Thank you very much! although i did use the img tag...but i have no idea how to compress the images

Edited by JHard

Dear diary, it's 2015. BIS forums still don't allow images over 100kb. I will report back in 2020.

Dear diary, it's 2015. BIS forums still don't allow images over 100kb. I will report back in 2020.

Personally I think its a good idea. I've been a member of these forums for nearly 13 years and that rule has been in place for as long as I can remember. Back then I had a 56k and was glad when visiting the old OFP Combat Photography thread that I could load it relatively quickly. Nowadays I obviously have a much faster connection, but I still prefer to load the forums quickly rather than have to wait for 1mb+ JPGs to load because someone wanted to show off a sunset with 4k resolution...

Its a prime example where BI will be vilified either way, they'll have people on the one hand complaining that 100kb isn't a high enough limit, and conversely they'll have people complaining if they up the limit...

Personally I think its a good idea. I've been a member of these forums for nearly 13 years and that rule has been in place for as long as I can remember. Back then I had a 56k and was glad when visiting the old OFP Combat Photography thread that I could load it relatively quickly. Nowadays I obviously have a much faster connection, but I still prefer to load the forums quickly rather than have to wait for 1mb+ JPGs to load because someone wanted to show off a sunset with 4k resolution...

Its a prime example where BI will be vilified either way, they'll have people on the one hand complaining that 100kb isn't a high enough limit, and conversely they'll have people complaining if they up the limit...

What is the reason behind that 100kb rule? If the pictures were uploaded to BIS forums, could be there the justification as a matter of saving space and bandwidth but the only thing that is placed in forum are the links from some webservers where the images hosted, the image size has no impact in this forum.

I am saying this because is barely impossible to get a decent screenshot with a decent size under those 100kb. I think there should be a limit, but 100kb is to low for current standard (unless we are playing in a black and white 800x600 screen).

What is the reason behind that 100kb rule? If the pictures were uploaded to BIS forums, could be there the justification as a matter of saving space and bandwidth but the only thing that is placed in forum are the links from some webservers where the images hosted, the image size has no impact in this forum.

I am saying this because is barely impossible to get a decent screenshot with a decent size under those 100kb. I think there should be a limit, but 100kb is to low for current standard (unless we are playing in a black and white 800x600 screen).

Its a loading issue to help maintain forum load times and such (back from 2001 when OFP launched, and when faster internetz weren't as common-place as they are now - I for one was still on 56K dial-up back then). There is nothing to stop you from making the 4k screenshot (or whatever) and posting it in a link that opens when you click on a smaller (<100kb) image using a combination of the and tags.

Sabre, awesome stuff, as always. dat sexy M320, and Specter DR :o

Nice pictures Sabre. What are these body-armor? I never seen them in A3. I also see that you are using the helmet from the SOTG arma 2 mod.

Any word about a potential public release on A3?

Nice pictures Sabre. What are these body-armor? I never seen them in A3. I also see that you are using the helmet from the SOTG arma 2 mod.

Any word about a potential public release on A3?

It's the FAPC's from SOTG as well.

No idea, still not all that likely at this stage.

The deserts are awesome, opteryx! bu

Edited by JumpingHubert