gossamersolid

Arma 3 Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting

34 minutes ago, Janez said:

1. Did you find any other command bugging out?

I still haven't written any actual code. I just tested the addonfiles from before and just happened to test player.

addonfiles was definitely out of order (it was below some other command like "addonOwner" or something. Probably because of the case sensitivity issue), but I'm not sure what's wrong with player.

2. { and } are included in Folding in code 1 entries, under Folder & Default tab. ?, yeah, that's probably from sqs...

That's weird. NP++ was showing them like purple characters for me (the color I use as the default style, like the old version). Maybe a bug in NP++.

3. Sure!

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

I still haven't written any actual code. I just tested the addonfiles from before and just happened to test player.

addonfiles was definitely out of order (it was below some other command like "addonOwner" or something. Probably because of the case sensitivity issue), but I'm not sure what's wrong with player.

addMPEventHandler
addMusicEventHandler
addonFiles
addOwnedMine
addPlayerScores

playAction
playActionNow
player
playerRespawnTime
playerSide

Everything in alphabetical order but it freaks out after n and e because the menu in N++ is giving priority to upper case letters. Not sure if this was the same in previous version of N++.

9o2vzHQ.jpg

58 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

That's weird. NP++ was showing them like purple characters for me (the color I use as the default style, like the old version). Maybe a bug in NP++.

{, } and operators as well as default style itself are set to adopt global colors. So either from something in Settings\Style Configurator >> Global Styles or your theme itself. Every theme actually also has different colors for every language not just stuff under global styles (this shouldn't affect user defined languages but 🤷‍♂️).

Side note: restart N++ after changes. Live tuning can work for some things but not for everything.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Janez said:

{, } and operators as well as default style itself are set to adopt global colors. So either from something in Settings\Style Configurator >> Global Styles or your theme itself. Every theme actually also has different colors for every language not just stuff under global styles (this shouldn't affect user defined languages but 🤷‍♂️).

Interesting. I'll check it out.

17 minutes ago, Janez said:

Side note: restart N++ after changes. Live tuning can work for some things but not for everything.

Yeah. I always do it just to be safe.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me buddy. I know I nitpick a little too much! 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me buddy. I know I nitpick a little too much! 🙂

Sure thing bud, my ocd can be pretty bad as well sometimes. Besides, you're always very detailed in reports so it makes it easy.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for keeping this train rolling!

• Thanks 1

New update available, I also revised the ReadMe with useful info, especially on customizing and updating styles, so be sure to check it out.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t7BXU9iRbvWnmPswyEXJjJRDKyIEeefA/view?usp=sharing

03. June 2020
ChangeLog:
- added: Magic Variables to auto-completion
- added: PreProcessor Commands to auto-completion
- updated: ReadMe.txt with improved instructions, tips and links
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Janez said:

New update available, I also revised the ReadMe with useful info, especially on customizing and updating styles, so be sure to check it out.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t7BXU9iRbvWnmPswyEXJjJRDKyIEeefA/view?usp=sharing

03. June 2020
ChangeLog:
- added: Magic Variables to auto-completion
- added: PreProcessor Commands to auto-completion
- updated: ReadMe.txt with improved instructions, tips and links

Thanks.

| is still missing from the list of operators (|| is the same as OR).

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but autocompletion appears to be completely broken this time. There is less than 10 commands in the autocompletion dialog for every letter I type (a b c ...). Can you verify please?

Sorry, my bad. Apparently, keeping multiple SQF styles breaks autocompletion. Removing the others fixed it.

23 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

| is still missing from the list of operators (|| is the same as OR).

OK, if you come up with something else, let me know and I'll release an update tomorrow.

I forgot to mention guys, you can also install user defined languages manually by copying "Language and Theme\SQF.xml" into "%APPDATA%\Notepad++\userDefineLangs" folder. That way you can have each language in their own file, separate. Can be easier to manage if you use custom themes.

If you import them through N++, then all user defined languages are bundled into one file "%APPDATA%\Notepad++\userDefineLang.xml".

ReadMe will reflect that with next Arma 3 update, whenever that is. Although, could be sooner if @Leopard20 finds some burdens for me in the meantime. 😄 

3mCkBtR.png

• Haha 1

@Janez
Hi,

Could you please add the latest commands from the dev branch as well:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Introduced_with_Arma_3_Development_Branch

There's gonna be an update soon (most likely by the end of this week) and I don't think there are gonna be any new commands.

BTW, please add the \ operator too; it's used as the line continuation character in preprocessor lines (I totally forgot to mention this the last time)
Edit: the : operator is missing as well. (used in switch do cases)

20 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Could you please add the latest commands from the dev branch as well

BTW, please add the \ operator too

Done.

Edit: the : operator is missing as well. (used in switch do cases)

That one wasn't missing. For me, its highlighting as per global default style like the rest of operators.

There's gonna be an update soon (most likely by the end of this week) and I don't think there are gonna be any new commands.

I'm expecting some Old Man fixes then!

Alright, here's the link, take care buddy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186JOucZFAqQtKHHKmnRrRc9gUIpEtRp9/view?usp=sharing

27. August 2020
ChangeLog:
- added: scripting commands introduced up to 2020-08-20, EXE rev. 146606 dev branch
- added: \ operator
- updated: ReadMe.txt with additional information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi there friends,

SQF UDF is updated for Arma 3 version 2.00. I've been streamlining my files a bit, everything should be there but, as always, please let me know if you find anything missing.

Auto completion covers:

• Scripting Commands
  • Functions
  • CBA Functions
  • Magic Variables
  • PreProcessor Commands

Download below, Armaholic link will be update ASAP as per usual. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O_RxNJ_rL1W_b8C3rERFQyNAWIk8ZOgo/view?usp=sharing

02. November 2020
ChangeLog:
- added: scripting commands and function introduced with Arma 3 update 2.00
- added: all CBA functions up to version 3.15.1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely love this plugin as Notepad++ is my goto for most things.

I am having a weird problem with the latest version. I don't know if it is caused by Notepad++ or this plugin. While editing, especially when cutting out text, the style will sometimes change from the cursor down. It makes all text below it blue. Sometimes, less commonly, it will make it all gray (comment) or just turn one line above the cursor gray, but there is no comment on that line. If I go to Language and down to 'sqf' which is already selected, then click it again, the style is fixed. Also reopening the file will fix it. I do not have any custom styles in notepad++. It's a clean install from a week ago. Does this happen to anyone else? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

@AZCoder, thanks, yeah that's a Notepad++ issue and only w/ 64-bit version iirc. Do you run the x64 one as well? Reload from Disk (Ctrl + R by default) fixes it but you do obviously have to save first (Ctrl + S). Custom hotkeys can be set in "Settings >> Shortcut Mapper...".

11 hours ago, Janez said:

@AZCoder, thanks, yeah that's a Notepad++ issue and only w/ 64-bit version iirc. Do you run the x64 one as well? Reload from Disk (Ctrl + R by default) fixes it but you do obviously have to save first (Ctrl + S). Custom hotkeys can be set in "Settings >> Shortcut Mapper...".

Yeah it's 64. Thanks for the shortcut tip.

Any other link, please? like dropbox... Google drive is a little bit... intrusive. Hard time for privacy.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Any other link, please? like dropbox... Google drive is a little bit... intrusive. Hard time for privacy.

What happened buddy, you forgot how things work around here? 😄 There is always Armaholic.com.

• Thanks 1

Updated for 2.04:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WNpNswrXfQUz4P7cRwGM0ji0MeCy3HWk/view?usp=sharing

15. June 2021
ChangeLog:
- added: scripting commands and function introduced with Arma 3 update 2.04
- added: CBA scripting commands up to 3.15.3

On 3/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, Janez said:

There is always Armaholic.com.

Hmm, that didn't age well. I'll look into alternative mirrors for the future at some point but only downloading from Gdrive shouldn't too much of a hazard for now. One can use uBlock Origin and StevenBlack's static hosts filtering to control what domains are allowed to connect to. Google has more then one element to it.

• Thanks 2