CBA_fnc_vectCross2D

CBA_fnc_vectDir

CBA_fnc_vectDot

CBA_fnc_vectElev

CBA_fnc_vectMagn

CBA_fnc_vectMagn2D

CBA_fnc_vectRotate2D

CBA_fnc_vectSubtract

With the greatest of respect to the technical masterpiece that is CBA and the chaps that did it, I'm not sure we should be adding it to the keyword list without considering making it a separate language file. Sometimes I use CBA, sometimes I don't, it all depends on what I'm doing and I don't want my vanilla A3 language file to have CBA stuff in it.

Perhaps a new language file called Arma 3 with CBA would be best? We could switch between to two at will.

^^ unless you intend to use a similar naming scheme to your global variables, i really don't see how it might hurt. It could actually serve as a prevention so that you don't override potential end-users.

When I use this all the words like "count" "group" etc are in black. Makes it hard to read the code. Aren't these types of words to be orange so they stand out as special words that are commands?

Added auto completion for all function names and modified the syling (to a scheme I prefer).

I created a repository on GitHub with installation instructions. You can download it from there.

https://github.com/Sanjo/npp-sqf

When I use this all the words like "count" "group" etc are in black. Makes it hard to read the code. Aren't these types of words to be orange so they stand out as special words that are commands?

Orange is currently for global variables. But you can easily change this colors under "Language -> Define your own Language". The orange color is the default style color (= global variables, because everything else get other colors under the other settings).

Edited by Sanjo

maybe someone could tell me what has to be done for this thing to work? I go to the Language tab, press Import. a new option titled "Arma 3" appears in the language menu. I open an SQF, click on "Arma 3", and nothing happens. what am I doing wrong? :(

maybe someone could tell me what has to be done for this thing to work? I go to the Language tab, press Import. a new option titled "Arma 3" appears in the language menu. I open an SQF, click on "Arma 3", and nothing happens. what am I doing wrong? :(

Maybe you need to update your Notepad++.

Added auto completion for all function names and modified the syling (to a scheme I prefer).

I created a repository on GitHub with installation instructions. You can download it from there.

https://github.com/Sanjo/npp-sqf

I'm getting a "failed to import" error whenever I try to import one of the 2 sqf.xml you have for download. Any thoughts?

Thank you for the new plugin! I have arma script 1.31 already installed in notepad (the "Arma 2" language is defined). Should I remove it before installing the new plugin? Or keep both?

Edited by OMAC

I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but it seems "'" is missing from the XML, and so it doesn't highlight strings like: 'hello', only "hello".

Many thanks for this, from this end too.

I'm getting a "failed to import" error whenever I try to import one of the 2 sqf.xml you have for download. Any thoughts?

The one to import is the one in the folder "syntaxhighlighting" in the zip. The other you must copy as instructed in the readme.

Anything else, read the post above you. I am running 6.3 with no issues.

Thank you for the new plugin! I have arma script 1.31 already installed in notepad (the "Arma 2" language is defined). Should I remove it before installing the new plugin? Or keep both?

Currently, with these rapidly evolving versions, i just change the extension to recognize to .sqf1, .sqf2, etc, keeping the latest with the .sqf one. I do this in Language > Define your Language, and by choosing the imported language one can choose the affected extension.

On another note: i noticed that if you keep .sqf files open during the changes and restart notepad, the highlighting remains according to the previous version, one must really close the file and reopen it for the new highlighting to take effect.

The one to import is the one in the folder "syntaxhighlighting" in the zip. The other you must copy as instructed in the readme.

Anything else, read the post above you. I am running 6.3 with no issues.

I got it working now, thanks.

I also might suggest that you use colorStyle="1" on your WordsStyle entries. This means that the background color is not overriden for users with different styles than the default.

I made a Zenburn version using it (well, I changed a few colors around too)

aomzziN.png

<Styles>
           <WordsStyle name="DEFAULT" fgColor="CEDF99" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="10" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="COMMENTS" fgColor="7F9F7F" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="LINE COMMENTS" fgColor="7F9F7F" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="2" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="NUMBERS" fgColor="8CCFD3" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="10" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS1" fgColor="C1D28E" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS2" fgColor="FFBC79" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS3" fgColor="FFBC79" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS4" fgColor="92A9D1" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS5" fgColor="92A9D1" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS6" fgColor="CEDF99" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="10" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS7" fgColor="FFBC79" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS8" fgColor="FFBC79" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="OPERATORS" fgColor="9F9D6D" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="FOLDER IN CODE1" fgColor="9F9D6D" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="FOLDER IN CODE2" fgColor="FF8000" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="FOLDER IN COMMENT" fgColor="FFBC79" bgColor="FFFFFF" colorStyle="1" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS1" fgColor="CC9393" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS2" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS3" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS4" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS5" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS6" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS7" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
           <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS8" fgColor="000000" colorStyle="1" nesting="0" />
       </Styles>

If the single quote were fixed it'd be perfect, I think.

Maybe you need to update your Notepad++.

its auto-update is on, so it should be up-to-date

Thanks for your feedback.

Support for single quoted strings added. (as suggested by SicSemperTyrannis)

The global default background color is now used. (as suggested by SicSemperTyrannis)

Get it from: https://github.com/Sanjo/npp-sqf

EDIT:

I also added a folder "themes" for user contributed styles. Currently only the Zenburn one by SicSemperTyrannis.

If you have created good custom styles and want to share them, just send them to me and I will add them to the repository.

Edited by Sanjo

Thank you! Great work... I use this all the time so this update was very welcome!

Oh wow, thanks a lot. I as both a coder and a person am known for my shoddy memory. Even after having used a command a billion times, I still find myself biki'ing it every time. This is going to be a real big time saver.

This is awesome thank you, had problems installing at first but was able to figure it out. Nice Work!

Partly offtopic. :)

Want to use notepad++ to delete much of the useless RPT spam, in particular all that Client: Object 8:22 (type Type_104) not found. stuff?

Get the find window up, switch to the mark tab. In the find box type

(type Type_

Click the bookmark line box and search mode normal then click the mark all button. NPP will have a good think then bookmark every line that contains (type Type_. Often in excess of 30,000 lines! Click OK when it's done.

Then click search, bookmarks, remove bookmarked lines. Job done.

You can tweak the original contents of the find box to remove more spam, leaving you with, hopefully, some useful info.